Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching for a very cheap NL dedicated or VPS (with very good resources then)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Searching for a very cheap NL dedicated or VPS (with very good resources then)

Hello there Community,

I'm currently searching for a very cheap dedicated server or VPS (preferred dedicated CPUs) in NL - but if possible in the LeaseWeb datacentre. I currently have a dedibox in AMS1 at online.net and their speeds in peering towards Germany is very bad. (40ms and 3mb/s max on a 250mbps connection (UM - T-Com isn't that much better as well), and the last server I had was a dedicated one in LeaseWeb datacentre and achieved great speeds (almost as good as German servers, minimum difference) in peering and downloadspeeds. I don't need a strong CPU (currently have a 2c Atom with 2GHz - that would totally do as well, but please no VIA) - neither much RAM (4GB is enough), but a solid interface, a strong connection, 1gbps preferred, burst is okay - but at least 250 - 500mbps please guaranteed or achievable during main time. Also, a 500GB disk (or at least 350GB!) is necessary. I don't care if it's a dedicated server or a VPS but if it's latter, there shouldn't be too many people on it (let's say 4-5 max). Sadly, I can't find any good resellers of leaseweb which offer such boxes (HosteDZire's offers are a joke regarding the number of people on the server and no admin rights - I need to install and maintain software on these servers after all). I don't know if this is a little bit too much to be asked for, France would be alright as well (but at OVH then please, don't know the quality of other datacentres there (if you know something, please tell me)). I currently pay about 15€/$16 for the server, so that's the price I imagine a future server having as well (20€ would be okay as well, but not too preferable).

Thank you very much in advance for your help,
bluesega

Comments

• only thing that comes to mind is worldstreams special offer servers, the atoms from soyoustart and online.net limited edition server (they have the usual premium bandwidth i think)

• What are you hosting on it ? Plex with maximum 5 concurrent streams ? Why specifically in NL? Why not take a look at serverboerse.de . 1gbps guaranteed (tho with monthly caps ofc, you probably only need a couple TB per month ?) And low latency since it is in Germany. Also private Linux isos aren't an issue with them ;)

• Oh, you mean Hetzner? Well, of course their offers are superb for German peerings, but they start at 23€ a month and 20€ is sadly the maximum I can afford. Yet, I don't use up too many TB, it's usually around 1TB a month, though 5TB per month would be my tendency if I would have to say a safe figure. NL (LeaseWeb) had the best peering in a country outside Germany (and in Germany usually, there's nothing better than Hetzner regarding their traffic policy if you don't use more than 20TB) - at least which I already tested, don't know if UK's too good or so. OVH is nice but usually you can't get something else than a Kimsufi for that price - and 100mbps are way too less. (my connection itself is 250mbps XD) - And yeah, everything I do would be way less than the load/bw Plex with 5 concurrent streams takes needs!

• @bluesega said:
    Oh, you mean Hetzner? Well, of course their offers are superb for German peerings, but they start at 23€ a month and 20€ is sadly the maximum I can afford. Yet, I don't use up too many TB, it's usually around 1TB a month, though 5TB per month would be my tendency if I would have to say a safe figure. NL (LeaseWeb) had the best peering in a country outside Germany (and in Germany usually, there's nothing better than Hetzner regarding their traffic policy if you don't use more than 20TB) - at least which I already tested, don't know if UK's too good or so. OVH is nice but usually you can't get something else than a Kimsufi for that price - and 100mbps are way too less. (my connection itself is 250mbps XD) - And yeah, everything I do would be way less than the load/bw Plex with 5 concurrent streams takes needs!

is this something ?
    http://oneprovider.com/nl/dedicated-servers/amsterdam-netherlands

• This is the one I'm currently using. Online.net's speed from Amsterdam towards Germany is really bad. (Oneprovider is reselling Online.net ones) Downloadspeeds are between 500kb - 3mb/s on test files.

• WickedWicked Member
    edited January 2017

https://www.worldstream.nl/special

https://hosthatch.com/storage-vps (maybe a special quote, less hdd and more ram)

Btw, how is Plex working with Atom?

• Sadly, Worldstream doesn't offer 1gbps for less than 30€ a month, only 100mbps, neither does ikoula. But Quickservers sounds very interesting, at least the offer for 19€, does somebody know if this is a 1gbps access? It's not listed anywhere, only the 5TB limit. Hosthatch sounds interesting as well, will probably ask them.

Plex does work on Atom, but you shouldn't expect a miracle - streaming basic 1080p mp4 files works, but if Plex needs to do encoding stuff, rather don't stream it. Everything else is fine.

• sinsin Member

Well in the future if you can go up a little bit with budget, I bought the €35 dedicated server special from Leaseweb Netherlands and it rocks so far. Intel Pentium Dual-core G850 @ 2.90GHz, 4x1TB harddrives, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 10TB Bandwidth on 100Mbps port, and IPMI/hp ilo.

I also got a Worldstream.nl Dedicated for €60/6 months (even lower if you don't want to pay extra for the reinstall/remote boot app) and it's really snappy. AMD Athlon II X2 240, 4GB of RAM, 500GB Harddrive, and 5TB bandwidth with their 5Gbps ddos protection too. Great support as well, they had my server ready in under an hour and hooked me up to kvm over ip so I could do my own custom install for free.

• Thank you for your answer, but 100mbps Ports are quite weak as I already mentioned, even my home connection can do 250mbps, and 100mbps servers are way more cheap from Kimsufi then. But I do understand your point - if I would be able to pay 35€ I probably would've taken a server from Hetzner, they offer Core i7 3770K, 32GB of RAM and 6TB disks and 1gbps for this price.

• robinjoo1robinjoo1 Member
    edited January 2017

i think every server has an 10Gbiy connection
    see this
    Elke server is verbonden met ons redundante 10Gbit Cisco netwerk
    aka
    every server is connected to out redunant 10Gbit Cisco network

and i mean quickservers

• @bluesega said:
    Sadly, Worldstream doesn't offer 1gbps for less than 30€ a month, only 100mbps, neither does ikoula. But Quickservers sounds very interesting, at least the offer for 19€, does somebody know if this is a 1gbps access? It's not listed anywhere, only the 5TB limit. Hosthatch sounds interesting as well, will probably ask them.

Plex does work on Atom, but you shouldn't expect a miracle - streaming basic 1080p mp4 files works, but if Plex needs to do encoding stuff, rather don't stream it. Everything else is fine.

Jup. Perhaps take a look at plexpy and see I people use direct screams or if they need conversions.
    Also, plex 1080p videos take around 20mbps on average. So a 100mbps guaranteed port would suffice I suppose. So i'd suggest a more stronger CPU with 100mbps port over a less powerfull CPU with (probably) shared 1gbps uplink. You can also limit buffering by buying plexpass (5$\m) which enables syncing to devices for all friends as well (so only 1$\m). That way you can let people sync content at night so the 100mbps doesn't become a real bottleneck.

• If 400 GB HDD is not a problem, we can do the following KVM for you in Netherlands:

1x E3-1230 v5 dedicated core
    4 GB DDR4 RAM,
    400 GB RAID 10 HDD,
    5 TB outgoing bandwidth, unmetered (fair share) incoming
    1x IPv4, 1x IPv6 (up to /48 assignable free of charge)

KVM Virtualization
    Control Panel: noVNC, Custom ISO and rDNS.

Port Speed: 1 Gbit (shared, achieveable most of the time)
    Looking Glass: https://verelox.com/lg/

Price: €0.0277/hour (€20 per month)

Drop me a PM if interested and I will be happy to set you up with a free trial first.

• @Verelox said:
    If 400 GB HDD is not a problem, we can do the following KVM for you in Netherlands:

> 1x E3-1230 v5 dedicated core
    > 4 GB DDR4 RAM,
    > 400 GB RAID 10 HDD,
    > 5 TB outgoing bandwidth, unmetered (fair share) incoming
    > 1x IPv4, 1x IPv6 (up to /48 assignable free of charge)
    > 
    > KVM Virtualization
    > Control Panel: noVNC, Custom ISO and rDNS.
    > 
    > Port Speed: 1 Gbit (shared, achieveable most of the time)
    > Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    > Looking Glass: https://verelox.com/lg/
    > 
    > Price: €0.0277/hour (€20 per month)

Drop me a PM if interested and I will be happy to set you up with a free trial first.

is this offer also valid for other members ifso can i please also have a trial

• robinjoo1 said: is this offer also valid for other members ifso can i please also have a trial

We can only guarantee one dedicated core in the meantime to ensure that the main server does not lag, but I will send you a PM with the details - thanks for the interest!

• @Verelox said:

robinjoo1 said: is this offer also valid for other members ifso can i please also have a trial

We can only guarantee one dedicated core in the meantime to ensure that the main server does not lag, but I will send you a PM with the details - thanks for the interest!

Can I get one?
    Thanks.