Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review of @Andre - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review of @Andre

2»

Comments

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@alex said: it's terrible tbh, I'd expect designing and coding it took something between 5-15 mins

Thank you :D

• 2001 called, they want their tables back

Tip: http://960.gs

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Awesome stuff @Andre, just one suggestion is to work on the nav bar links a bit, I guess styling them up with a box or something. I dunno. Anyway, great work.

• @Andre said: For a quick and easy site, tables provide a dead simple alignment and layout.

Designing ANY site with tables is bad practice period.. HTML is not for looks it's the barebones, CSS is for styling.

Seems like something off a photoshop idea. Rather plain, feel isn't consistent across pages.

• Tables = no. Floats are so easy to use too :(

• draziloxdrazilox Member
    edited February 2013

@kernelsanders, what are these "floats" you're speaking of? You mean divs with floats?

• @drazilox said: @kernelsanders, what are these "floats" you're speaking of? You mean divs with floats?

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/CSS/float

• @gubbyte, yeah, but you can't just use "floats", you need to specify a float on an element, and usually when designing, that element is div.

• orly

<style type="text/css">
    floatright { float: right; }
    </style>
    <floatright>hello</floatright>

• edited February 2013

Uhh typically anyone with half a brain knows what you mean when someone says "floats"...

`#container {
    width:500px;
    }

div1 {

float:left;
    width:250px;
    }

div2 {

float:right;
    width:250px;
    }`

Then clear:both;

Sorry if formatting sucks, I'm on my phone.

And as @gubbyte said. Welcome to html5.

• @gubbyte, yeah I guess that would work. Even though it's not valid.

@kernelsanders, you're absolutely right. I was just being a smartass.

• I figured as much :P No big deal, we're all that way at some point :)

• It's sad to see how dominici tried to give Andre some credit for his work but Andre ruined it with his comments.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

I really like the work you've done on logos @Andre and have been considering coming to you for a while now, in regards to a logo I'll be needing soon.

The site design looks pretty nice too.. and although I partially agree with your comment regarding table-based design, in the fact that it's quick and easy to implement, it really is not good for anything more than a mockup, as others have mentioned, it isn't good practice at all for a number of reasons.

The killer for me though is the statement about external CSS, and that there is no point loading it externally.

As far as I'm concerned with design, I try to keep to the following rules:

HTML - Content
    CSS - Separate file, styling
    JavaScript - Separate file, functionality

Good work on the actual design though, it does look nice.

• Thank you @liamwithers.

It may not be the best of practices, but the site loads correctly in IE5.5 and above, with only two issues; the header logo has a border, and the CTA buttons have alpha transparency (PNG24).

I can understand the use of external CSS, but I didn't see the point if there's really only 5 shared classes per page.

• @Andre tables can cause issues with screen readers, depending on how the code flows versus the way the content flows - if the table layout breaks the logical flow, then it can render the site unusable. More of a general observation than any issue with your code (as I haven't looked at it).

• @Nekki
    The site is structured fine in this matter - a screen reader is still able to read it, the tables flow logically (it reads through, top left-right, next row, same thing).
    The only issue I see, and as I stated previously is the lack of alt tags, meaning all images will not be read.

• Anyone who is good with php / html / ajax drop me a msg.

• An additional Question,

Can any one tell me, whether the templates (in general) comes with a Admin Panel or thing as such so as to do things like 1 click image changer or similar things/stuffs.

Or they are mostly Manual (To be Coded for changes).

Regards,
    Mike In
    :)

• gubbytegubbyte Member
    edited February 2013

@MikeIn said: Can any one tell me, whether the templates (in general) comes with a Admin Panel or thing as such so as to do things like 1 click image changer or similar things/stuffs.

You'll have a hard time finding someone who sells templates with that.

• Nice logo. Good work @Andre

• @gubbyte
    Thanks, just wants to know about it, nothing else.

:)
    Regards.