Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My site got clone
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My site got clone

ZeroCoolZeroCool Member
edited February 2013 in Help

dear all meybe any can help how to stop someone clone our site
what i change in to my site the clone site do same update to
i has been blocking the ip and domain but still not work
before i has been report to their provider and got suspended but they make new again

what must to do to stoped that

Comments

• So what is your site?

• you don't

• @ztec said: So what is your site?

sorry mate this time i can't place my site coz that reason
    i just need know and help how to blocked that auto clone :(

• If it got cloned, ever heard of DMCA?

• @curtisg said: If it got cloned, ever heard of DMCA?

It work only on small part of our globe :P

• yes but their make new again with new domain
    i am loking some setting to the vps mean can blocked and can't repeat again
    i has been do blocked ip+setup htaccess prevented webcopier,extractor and etc
    but that not work

• that u not give solution curtisg make turn off my site :(
    pls help

• @ZeroCool said: i am loking some setting to the vps mean can blocked and can't repeat again

Unless you completely prevent access to your site, there is no definite way to prevent a site from being "copied". I don't know why you're complaining, just ignore the site and move on.

• You could add a small javascript to prevent right clicking, but that wouldn't last long.
    You could also encode the site, but inspect element would just bypass that.

• @gubbyte said: Unless you completely prevent access to your site, there is no definite way to prevent a site from being "copied". I don't know why you're complaining, just ignore the site and move on

u know when i type at search engine some keyword the first showing clone site then me and that eat our visitor and down fast our alexa that not good right

• You can turn off RSS feeds :)

• mojedamojeda Member
    edited February 2013

did they actually clone it or is it an old domain/ip that is just pointing at your server IP?

Edit -

Guess I should read the first post completely.

As others have said your best bet is DMCA.

• @curtisg said: You could add a small javascript to prevent right clicking, but that wouldn't last long.

You could also encode the site, but inspect element would just bypass that.

that site not effect right click coz when you edit in to my site that clone same time uptdate to this running automatical

• @ZeroCool said: that site not effect right click coz when you edit in to my site that clone same time uptdate to this running automatical

can you speak english "coz" i "cnat" understand you.

• @mojeda said: did they actually clone it or is it an old domain/ip that is just pointing at your server IP?

i has been change my vps to other but notwork

• @curtisg said: can you speak english "coz" i "cnat" understand you.

okey mean coz = becouse i write shortly dude

• I don't understand. If some guy is just making a domain load to your same website, its free publicity. Use it.

• To be honest the best way is to keep Filing DMCAs and File them to the domain register as well, Also the best way would be to take legal action if it is 100% your template, If not them contact the person you got it from I.E themeforest, template monster what ever the case may be.

• If you get him caught enough times, I'd just open a domain dispute.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited February 2013

"As others have said your best bet is DMCA."

DMCA is a U.S. law and the law is only legally enforceable against sites hosted in the US (and American owned web hosts that operate in other countries). If the clone site isn't hosted in the US you need to file a copyright complaint that takes into account the copyright laws of the country where the site is hosted (i.e. a copyright complaint to a Dutch owned webhost of a copyright violating website should be based on a violation of Dutch copyright laws not American laws)

You could try blocking the most common scraping tools like wget, LWP in your .htaccess file . Try adding this code to your .htaccess:

# Block most common scraping tools
    SetEnvIf user-agent "Indy Library" stayout=1
    SetEnvIf user-agent "libwww-perl" stayout=1
    SetEnvIf user-agent "Wget" stayout=1
    deny from env=stayout 
  • @ZeroCool said: hat site not effect right click coz when you edit in to my site that clone same time uptdate to this running automatical

Are you sure that he "cloned" your site or it's just simple domain forwarding to your site?

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited February 2013

Are we talking about the content/posts only or templates and layout too?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2013

If the change is automatic and immediate, it must be some domain forward... Tho I have no idea how it turns on google ahead of you.
    Maybe google can help.

• Try to visit your site from their site, then look at your web logs? If you see your own IP then it's most likely just domain forwarding

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited February 2013

@ZeroCool i thunk u shuld enstall flame wall on vps, very nice best wishes :)

Remember guys. Shared web hosting exists for a reason.

• @Zetta said: @ZeroCool i think you should install firewall on your vps. Best Wishes :)

Remember guys. Shared web hosting exists for a reason.

Fixed that.

• A little late, but maybe I can post a comment here.
    I think you can configure to disallow hotlinking to your static images, at least, if they rip your website (using httracker maybe), it must be losing all the images, if you have some images to replace your background and to replace some elements (box maybe), I think this clone will be really broken.

• @Rikimaru90 It's not hard to forge a referer

• @gubbyte said: @Rikimaru90 It's not hard to forge a referer

Just to make a newbie ripper confused, any other solutions maybe?
    I have some trouble too about ripped websites, you know, my websites also got ripped some of them. I think I can get a solutions too here, especially, no one cares about DMCA in my country... sigh... T_T

• You shouldn't over-exaggerate about protecting your site from being ripped. Almost none of the sites I come across implement such measures because they don't care.