Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wishosting - KVM SSD Holidays Special - $6.99/quarter - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wishosting - KVM SSD Holidays Special - $6.99/quarter

Comments

• I suggest an option to rent an IPV4 on a quarterly basis (hopefully it will mitigate fraud somewhat)

• Oh no, no more stocks available..

• @vimalware said:
    I suggest an option to rent an IPV4 on a quarterly basis (hopefully it will mitigate fraud somewhat)

These appear to be hosted on soyoustart servers, so max 16 ips per server. 1 ip is probably reserved for the host node, so that leaves 15 users per physical server.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • I never heard of OpenNebula before, but from what I see here, I like it!

However, this offer kind of only makes sense with more than 1 IPv4!

You should offer an upgrade possibility!

• Or well, to say it a bit more precise:

Your offer on your web page state:
    "up to 4 VMs" are possible, but all offers only invlude 1 IPv4 - and apparently OpenNebula does not allow to create a VM if no IP can be allocated:
    "[TemplateInstantiate] Error allocating a new virtual machine. Cannot get IP/MAC lease from virtual network 1364."

So your product kind of doesn't live up to what you advertise... you can not run more than 1 VM.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@southy said:
    So your product kind of doesn't live up to what you advertise... you can not run more than 1 VM.

You can request a private networking to be activated, then you can create up to 4 VMs. The package says 1 IP address specifically, but I'm sorry if it was confusing.

Thanked by 3vimalware fan southy
  • Please help me. Ticket #5301798 and Invoice #8232

• This is the most amazing package I've ever seen!

• @exception0x876 said:

You can request a private networking to be activated, then you can create up to 4 VMs. The package says 1 IP address specifically, but I'm sorry if it was confusing.

I was just about to ticket. This feature is pretty cool for a sandbox vm.

• fanfan Veteran

@exception0x876 said:

@southy said:

This is really nice, should I open a ticket to get it activated?

@fan said:
    This is really nice, should I open a ticket to get it activated?

Yes please.

• I can no more see the offer. It says OpenVZ Mini starting at 2.99$

• @exception0x876 will you restock this offer?

• Not bad at all!

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • what kind of benchmark is this (what software?)

• @exception0x876 said:

@southy said:

You can request a private networking to be activated, then you can create up to 4 VMs.

This sound interesting: Then the IP is bound to the private network - and how do I do routing to one or multiple VMs inside?

A very very interesting concept and management indeed! Thanks!

• @southy said:

what kind of benchmark is this (what software?)

Benchmark script

Terminal. It's a little buggy on windows, copying text is broken right now so I had to post a screenshot.

@mov3 said:
    @exception0x876 will you restock this offer?

All SSD nodes are full at the moment. I will see if it is possible to get more nodes for this promo, but no promises yet.

• @exception0x876 any possible to have such a promo in HDD VMs? Thank you!

• Well, I have received a private virtual network and can assign local IPs now. But question is: How to do the routing to internet? I assumed this ould be done by a buit-in function of OpenNebula - but such a function doesn't exist.
    Do I need to create an additional VM with a private & a public IP and configure routing via that VM manually?

• @southy said:
    Well, I have received a private virtual network and can assign local IPs now. But question is: How to do the routing to internet? I assumed this ould be done by a buit-in function of OpenNebula - but such a function doesn't exist.
    Do I need to create an additional VM with a private & a public IP and configure routing via that VM manually?

@exception0x876: Is that what the "virtual Router Image" is for? Could you download that into the available images from the marketplace?
    https://docs.opennebula.org/5.2/operation/network_management/vrouter.html

Thanked by 1vimalware

southy said: Do I need to create an additional VM with a private & a public IP and configure routing via that VM manually?

Yes, exactly.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • rahoolmrahoolm Member
    edited December 2016

Where to get this offer in your signature - KVM HDD Plus - 2 vCores, 8GB RAM, 200GB HDD for $6.99/mo! ?
    Test IP please.
    Is Windows OS Free like NodeVPS.net offers?

• @exception0x876 said:

@mov3 said:
    @exception0x876 will you restock this offer?

All SSD nodes are full at the moment. I will see if it is possible to get more nodes for this promo, but no promises yet.

Possible for Canada location next?

• @exception0x876 said:

southy said: Do I need to create an additional VM with a private & a public IP and configure routing via that VM manually?

Yes, exactly.

A KB article for this NAT-ed(?) KVM setup would be a great addition.

Dev sandbox VMs mostly only need private networking and a NAT for package updates via internet.

This one's a keeper I think, for the learning opportunities.
    VM is plenty FAST too, no question.
    SSD+E3 = no bottlenecks.

Thanked by 1bersy

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Possible for Canada location next?

No sorry.

@vimalware said:
    A KB article for this NAT-ed(?) KVM setup would be a great addition.

Good point.

Thanked by 2bersy southy
  • Wow, that was a really great deal.

• Out of stock it?

• @CheapLolicon said:
    Out of stock it?

the same question with you