Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Request] 3-10 VPS around the world (512-1024MB)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Request] 3-10 VPS around the world (512-1024MB)

edited February 2013 in Providers

I'm still migrating some old dedicated and virtual servers
(with the goals to reduce my costs and increase the performance)
I'm looking for the following plans:

a) RAM: 1024MB (Guaranteed)
HDD: 15GB (SSD preferred)
MBW: 250GB
IP4: 4-8
IO ops: 200/s
IO speed: 100MB/s
inodes: 400K
Price: $10/mo or less

b) RAM: 512MB (Guaranteed)
HDD: 10GB (SSD preferred)
IO ops: 100/s
IO speed: 80MB/s
MBW: 150GB
IPv4: 2-6
inodes: 200K
Price: $5/mo or less

Fast I/O is important (as the filesystem is used to cache data).
Add $1 for each IPv4 over the minimum number.
The VPS will be used as a web server and a dns server.
It won't send emails (except to myself for monitoring).
Please post here or PM, and specify the location and the class C.
I will prefer the plans in the locations where I'm not yet.

Comments

• We've got locations worldwide, feel free to shoot us a sales ticket to see if we can't accommodate your needs.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

That is probably doable in US, they have low prices on IPv4.
    In EU too, some ppl might have a big stash of them, but I wont be optimistic.
    If you get 8 IPs, only 2 dollars wont buy you 15 gb ssd, I think.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

What locations are you in?

We can provide more than what you're looking for at less than what you want to pay. Just depends on your location needs.

• @Maounique he's paying extra for the IPs, the $10 he wants is for the VPS plan itself.

@hostingwizard_net said: Add $1 for each IPv4 over the minimum number.

I dont think so, from that I understand will pay 1 $ for IPs over 8 in the first plan.

edited February 2013

@Jack said: I see it as I will pay $x/mo for the disk/ram/bandwidth and 1 IP then $1 per IP

@Maounique said: Add $1 for each IPv4 over the minimum number.

OK, then my english is faulty, sorry.
    If that is the case, then we can offer much more for that price than the minimum specs.

• @hostingwizard_net said: over the minimum number.

I assume he wants $10 for at least 4 IPv4, i.e. minimum/lower limit. Extra $1 after.

@DalComp said: I assume he wants $10 for at least 4 IPv4, i.e. minimum/lower limit. Extra $1 after.

Bingo, that makes the most sense.

• Nobody sells VPS plans with many IPs included by default now :) Usually it is 1 IP included, then you can buy more.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2013

That's do-able in the UK. We don't use SSDs but you can expect 200MB/s plus sequential I/O.

Drop me a PM.

@hostingwizard_net said: a) RAM: 1024MB (Guaranteed)

HDD: 15GB (SSD preferred)
    MBW: 250GB
    IP4: 4-8
    IO: 200/s
    inodes: 400K
    Price: $10/mo or less

• @Nick_A I'm already an happy RamNode customer. Locations are in my signature.

@Maounique $14 for 8 IPv4. DalComp is right. I'm already a Promotheus customer so I will contact the support directly. This VPS is one of the best for the performance but because it has only one IP, it's one of the worst economically (totally underused).

€1/IP seems to become the norm in Europe.

@rds100 About half of the providers don't offer extra IP's when ordering a VPS. So it's difficult to know the availability and price without contacting them, which takes too much time. This request is particulary directed to them.

@Jacob My I/O requirements weren't clearly stated. I rewrote them. RAID-10 8xSAS, SSD-cached are all good. Even other setups can be good. My point is I don't need a lot of disk space but I do need fast I/O (reads/writes, both for a lot of small files and the database).

@MannDude I used to be a UrPad customer last year. My VPS in Kansas was not satisfying (memory was oversold). I also see that Luxembourg has disappeared, which was the most interesting location (for me).

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@hostingwizard_net said: I'm already an happy RamNode customer. Locations are in my signature.

Aight :)

• Have you tried us?

edited February 2013

@hostingwizard_net said: @Maounique $14 for 8 IPv4. DalComp is right. I'm already a Promotheus customer so I will contact the support directly. This VPS is one of the best for the performance but because it has only one IP, it's one of the worst economically (totally underused).

Well, I see you have a good justification for the IPs, the problem with us is that we have vlans fragmented to prevent arp storms and the like, so it is not easy to find free IPs on the nodes.
    And, indeed, 1 Eur an IP is mostly what EU hosts charge with a few exceptions that have great deals from some time ago.
    P.S. It is Prometeus :)

• We can do this with SSD-Cache in Dallas,Texas and Buffalo, New York.

https://www.cloudshards.com/contact.php - contact us and we'll work something out with the plans and IPs. Cheers!

• We can do the IP's for you easily. Drop us an email at http://raxweb.com/contact.php

Phoenix and LA will both be no problems.

• @hostingwizard_net said: I used to be a UrPad customer last year. My VPS in Kansas was not satisfying (memory was oversold). I also see that Luxembourg has disappeared, which was the most interesting location (for me).

Luxembourg should have a couple slots available here in the next couple days. It sells out quick once it's available.

• Hi, @hostingwizard_net serverbear shows us at 18K IOPS and 200MB/s sequential, so it's probably more than enough for your needs.

• Shopping continues. I got Maidenhead and Miami. Moscow and Zlin are on the way.
    I'm looking for Singapore @Xima , Hong Kong and Paris @William , Torronto @Brandon but that will be probably end as too expensive. I'm also looking for one in Seattle @Alex_LiquidHost . If someone else can match my requirements, let me know.

BTW, 200 IOPS is not so high. SSD or SSD-cached is preferred, not required.

@RobertJFClarke @concerto49 Unfortunately I'm looking for less popular locations. Maybe in the future.
    @NickO PM sent for Phoenix.
    @FTNChris OK
    @Jacob I would take one in Jacksonville and one in Coventry. Send me an offer (for example: plan B with 3 extra IPs for 8$)

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Unfortunately we do not have any ssd cached nodes and probably wont meet your requirements.

• @hostingwizard_net sure, want to take this to PM? I'm on the mobile version of LET so if you could drop me a PM that would be great.

• Thank you everyone. Shopping is over for this month. Sorry for those I didn't pick up.
    I ended up with: coventry, jacksonville, los angeles, maidenhead, miami, moscow and zlin.
    I couldn't find any good offer for Seattle, Paris, Canada and Asia. Those will have to wait.
    I will also probably replace Sweden and San Jose (very good but now too expensive) and Poland (too much downtime). If you have a good offer for any of these, let me know.

@hostingwizard_net said: too much downtime

Ouch: 86.76 %, that is terrible.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2013

Hi, @hostingwizard_net we're looking to grow in all the major UK cities, so I'm sure we will have some more locations available soon.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2013

It's far from pointless, people in the south will have better latency, people in the north will have better latency, and I have more planned than just VPS.

• I don't see the need to start a new thread so bumping this one.
    San Diego, Seattle, Lenoir, Paris, Canada and any country where I'm not.
    Looking mainly for plan B or better, with 4 IPv4 or more, for $9/mo or less.

Hint: take 4 of your 128MB plans and merge them. That's probably what I need.

• Paris: maybe try gandi.net but not very cheap.

• LAKidLAKid Member

@hostingwizard_net how about Estonia, more than 99% uptime..

• @rds100 I had a gandi.net vps for more than one year. Too expensive and not really good. I also used many LEB VPS providers at OVH: some were good, all went deadpool.

@LAKid If you're thinking about Torqhost, I posted into their last thread and they don't offer custom vps (or any plan that would be close to my requirements).