Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a Newb based tutorial on Clustering Servers/FailOver Sever/ Master-Master/ Master -Slave?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there a Newb based tutorial on Clustering Servers/FailOver Sever/ Master-Master/ Master -Slave?

Greetings,
I am a newb! However, with the help of the Lord I was able to successfully install Centmin mod. However, I am wondering is there a newb based tutorial on how to setup clusters of servers, not only for geo-location but mainly for backup. As an online eCommerce store, I believe that it will be critical to have this setup or similar setup.

Specifically, the ability to have a master slave and a separate server to mitigate problems down the line. I ask because I believe that this would be a cost effective solution but do not quite yet understand how this would work in practice.

As a startup, I want to start off my business the right way but as of right now money is sparse, anyone know of some good tutorials for newbs?

Simply I am looking to have two servers with the same data, one for backend (load inventory - backup - Fail Over) and the other one for the main server. Load balancing would be a plus but really not needed at this time.

Comments