Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The IPXcore KVM Beta Test Debut Introduction Commencement Arrival ($2 for 512mb for 30 days) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The IPXcore KVM Beta Test Debut Introduction Commencement Arrival ($2 for 512mb for 30 days)

2»

Comments

• gubbytegubbyte Member
    edited January 2013

@Damian said: I have added these and syncd them to the node; they should be available for your use now.

Thanks, Lubuntu installed flawlessly. Running it with under 100MB RAM :)

• DamianDamian Member
    edited January 2013

Still looking for 44 more people to test! Server is running great so far!

• Just signed up. Ubuntu Server 12.04 installed without a hitch, now working on Debian. Would be nice to have pre-built images for speedier deployment, but so far, so good.

• Btw, speaking of deployments, would be really cool to add Sernet Samba4 Appliance to your ISO list. Customers would have a ready-made MS compatible Active Directory server with Zarafa groupware readiness. All an SMB needs without the cost. ISO at
    http://ftp.sernet.de/pub/samba4AD/sernet-samba4-appliance/sernet-samba4-appliance-installer-0.6.i386.iso

• Is there going to be any discount for purchasing a year instead of month to month or quarterly?

• @keltorsori said: Btw, speaking of deployments, would be really cool to add Sernet Samba4 Appliance to your ISO list.

I've never heard of this before. But I have added it, and it should be ready for use now.

@SprkFade said: Is there going to be any discount for purchasing a year instead of month to month or quarterly?

There will not, it will be the same price.

• so just curious is the 300gb bandwidth will be the same for final product or are you going to increase it

• @cosmicgate said: or are you going to increase it

We are, it'll be at least 750gb.

• Anyone have any feedback?

• Looking for ~20 more containers. Here's the current server status as of a few minutes ago:

• keltorsorikeltorsori Member
    edited February 2013

EDIT: I'll rewrite this post when all is sorted. So far great support.

• So when will the KVM plans be going live?

• @keltorsori said: EDIT: I'll rewrite this post when all is sorted.

!?!?!?!?!

@shunny said: So when will the KVM plans be going live?

We had a discussion about it yesterday, but didn't come to a head on anything. I'm going to push the issue more today, now that all of the team is back together.

• Review so far: Tech support is great. I stupidly misconfigured an account setting on my node and left a hole wide open allowing some unknown parties to come in and setup camp (my earlier edited message). Thankfully the tech team was right on it and were able to identify the issue and I'm happily back up and running without bringing down half the internet :)

The communication from the staff is excellent. The couple of maintenance events have been preceded by detailed emails to customers (plus, it's a beta-test, so I'm not expecting 9-9s uptime).

Host is speedy enough for my needs, I'll leave the benchmarking for those who obsess over that, but the network speeds are great and I/O so far has been great. I look forward to seeing what the final pricing will be, but I think I've found a new KVM test-bed.

• any updates? I want to test this out and will if we know full on pricing plus beta discounts.

• The beta is now closed, and KVM pricing has been finalized: http://ipxcore.com/premium-kvm/

People who participated in the beta test will receive a coupon for 45% off.

I will be sending an email out to the beta test participants later today (or maybe tomorrow...)

Thank you to everyone who participated!