Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Idiots in OVH (SYS) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Idiots in OVH (SYS)

Comments

• OP seems to have numerous issues with OVH - They also had an issue on Oct 26. Perhaps OVH/Sys is not a good vendor for the OP

Thanked by 1default
  • Is it just me that notices that the SYS login requires you E-MAIL address for login, NOT your handle - as the screenshot in the first posting clearly shows, you don't seem to be using it.

Perhaps it's not OVH that has an issue here...

• @southy said:
    Is it just me that notices that the SYS login requires you E-MAIL address for login, NOT your handle

login with handle works though

(at least for me)

• @boernd said:

@southy said:
    Is it just me that notices that the SYS login requires you E-MAIL address for login, NOT your handle

login with handle works though

(at least for me)

Email login was not always supported btw

• You could theoretically, if you're a reseller, write your own control panel and have it hook into OVH's API and stuff, but that would be a lot of work and time.

Would be cool if someone started something like that as an open source project anyone could use though

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Vova1234 said:
    I placed the order. I took the money. And blocked the account.

https://eu.soyoustart.com/ie/cgi-bin/order/displayOrder.cgi?orderId=61728219&orderPassword=4R6X

What the heck is that? You have this happen? Why are they doing this?
    Owner specially idiots take to work?

dont put -sys on the end?

Thanked by 1GamerTech24
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

From what I got of reading through the first half of this page:
    1.) OP isn't logging in using the correct information and blames host.
    2.) OP is opening multiple accounts which is against their terms, and will eventually get his account permanently blocked, then he will complain more.
    3.) OP can't handle abuse properly or is worried about it and gets his account blacklisted from using their service. You wouldn't worry about abuse if you properly screen new clients for fraud first.

And since you're worried about abuse, claiming that's why you're opening multiple accounts, that's simply false. I have dozens of servers with them and get abuse issues coming weekly and I handle them all within 24 hours and I've never had a problem. Not to mention almost all of their abuse is automated unless it's something highly illegal. So if you're sending outbound DoS/spam, you won't even get an abuse notice, just an IP block that you can remove yourself. The only reason it would be escalated into an account problem is if you unblock an IP for spam/DoS and it does it again, you unblock it again, and it happens again. Then it looks to them like you're doing it purposely. Thread title should be "Idiot OP", not "Idiots at OVH".

• @MikeA said:
    From what I got of reading through the first half of this page:
    1.) OP isn't logging in using the correct information and blames host.
    2.) OP is opening multiple accounts which is against their terms, and will eventually get his account permanently blocked, then he will complain more.
    3.) OP can't handle abuse properly or is worried about it and gets his account blacklisted from using their service. You wouldn't worry about abuse if you properly screen new clients for fraud first.

And since you're worried about abuse, claiming that's why you're opening multiple accounts, that's simply false. I have dozens of servers with them and get abuse issues coming weekly and I handle them all within 24 hours and I've never had a problem. Not to mention almost all of their abuse is automated unless it's something highly illegal. So if you're sending outbound DoS/spam, you won't even get an abuse notice, just an IP block that you can remove yourself. The only reason it would be escalated into an account problem is if you unblock an IP for spam/DoS and it does it again, you unblock it again, and it happens again. Then it looks to them like you're doing it purposely. Thread title should be "Idiot OP", not "Idiots at OVH".

That's cool, so if OVH detects a DoS coming from one of the many IPs on a server you own with them presumably running something like SolusVM used for reselling they just block that one IP instead of the whole server? That's pretty nice, I know with their VPS range they just shutdown and reboot the VPS into rescue mode when an attack happens.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

@ethancedrik said:

That's cool, so if OVH detects a DoS coming from one of the many IPs on a server you own with them presumably running something like SolusVM used for reselling they just block that one IP instead of the whole server? That's pretty nice, I know with their VPS range they just shutdown and reboot the VPS into rescue mode when an attack happens.

Yes, just the single IP is blocked until you unblock it through the manager. Great for people like me, even though I have a very small amount of problems like that. I don't know anything about what happens for their VPS range though, probably completely different.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • edited December 2016

Clear cookies and Caches / Temp Files and Stop Anti Virus or firewall and login. I am pretty sure i had exactly same issue and i solve it by using the step i just said.

Good Luck.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Should the thread's title be updated ?

Thanked by 1southy
  • @Clouvider said:

No, there is definitely an idiot in OVH (sys). Not saying it's on OVH's side though.

Thanked by 1msg7086
  • @Clouvider said:

+1!

• It was me

They just shut down the servers paid until March and April 2017
    Not returned funds

And 20 thousand euros for them do not mean anything - it was a significant failure that I suffered in hetzner
    I still stayed there servers for 10 thousand euro
    For example, in hetzner my servers to 52 thousand and I was even offered free installation

And in 2014 I advertised their company in Russia, so that the entire country knows that OVH is now the cheapest and cool.
    Create special websites and wrote FAQ https://ruovh.ru
    https://hostsuki.pro/tag/ovh/
    http://obzor.ly/2016/01/obzor-xostinga-ovh-2/

But the client for them - crap.
    Even the customer who has thousands of servers.

OVH - the best data center infrastructure quality.
    But to keep more than 10 orders in one account - this is really dangerous.
    Because the account may be blocked just because of one complaint that was resolved the same day.

• @alice2k I can't help but think there is more to your story and @vova1234 story that isnt being explained here. If you advertised for OVH in russia on your own - that with all due respect is your problem. And yes, there are companies that 20000 euros doesnt matter if you are abusing their network, abusing their sign up process, and I'm wondering why both of you refer to 10 servers on the accounts. Perhaps that is the SYS limit without approvals for more and you create numerous accounts to circumvent that?

• OhMyMy said: @alice2k I can't help but think there is more to your story and @vova1234 story that isnt being explained here. If you advertised for OVH in russia on your own - that with all due respect is your problem. And yes, there are companies that 20000 euros doesnt matter if you are abusing their network, abusing their sign up process, and I'm wondering why both of you refer to 10 servers on the accounts. Perhaps that is the SYS limit without approvals for more and you create numerous accounts to circumvent that?

Would you like to lose all of its customers at once due to 1 complaint?
    I do not want
    Therefore, I do 10 servers per account. Sometimes 50.

OVH company that does not respect their customers
    And bans account really just one complaint, which was cleared on the same day
    Example http://vova1234.com/blog/hosting/300.html

How can we trust such a company and to collect 1000 servers in one account? To then it blocked. And to make a return at his own expense to their customers?

Since 2014 I have received no more than 20 complaints, despite the fact that I have thousands of servers
    But even I have blocked 2 account.
    Good thing I took care in advance and did a lot. Therefore, nothing of value is not lost. About 10 customers only.

• OhMyMy said: @alice2k I can't help but think there is more to your story and @vova1234 story that isnt being explained here. If you advertised for OVH in russia on your own - that with all due respect is your problem. And yes, there are companies that 20000 euros doesnt matter if you are abusing their network, abusing their sign up process, and I'm wondering why both of you refer to 10 servers on the accounts. Perhaps that is the SYS limit without approvals for more and you create numerous accounts to circumvent that?

And OVH often simply rejects payment
    OVH does not even want to take money from the client
    For example, when I ordered servers to one million rubles. About 500 pieces at once.
    I had 2 weeks to correspond with the real idiots. And prove to be humiliated, that I am not a crook of some kind.

• @OhMyMy said:
    @alice2k I can't help but think there is more to your story and @vova1234 story that isnt being explained here. If you advertised for OVH in russia on your own - that with all due respect is your problem. And yes, there are companies that 20000 euros doesnt matter if you are abusing their network, abusing their sign up process, and I'm wondering why both of you refer to 10 servers on the accounts. Perhaps that is the SYS limit without approvals for more and you create numerous accounts to circumvent that?

I've said nothing about how many times I have just taken the money.
    To olachivat every month for 120,000 euros - you need to have a lot of cards and different payment accounts.

And a lot of payments stupidly stuck and goes to check. And they were not treated. And they were not returned. Just because the money went down the drain.
    And I had to make new orders, at his own expense covering these losses.

But it's tolerable. After OVH best quality. Other data centers are losing in quality.
    Each data center has its own pros and cons.

I'm not complaining. I'm just saying that there were such facts. OVH blocked accounts just so. And it takes the same time and money.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited December 2016

Spammer / botnet operator crying about provider... euking pathetic. Move your ass to another provider and cut out this bs. Sorry for being rude, but maaaaan - those abusers are cry babies.

Thanked by 2dimon222 WebProject

If you are spending that money with OVH you get an account manager dedicated to 'keeping you happy'

If any providers here are spending 10k or more with OVH then request an account manager as this will allow you to draw up custom 'contracts' that allow abuse to be handled personally and providing you are cooperating with them and not lieing like a cheap chinese watch then all is good.

Creating multiple accounts and doing shady stuff is like a legal request to have your account and all other accounts related to be terminated effective immediately, AND the funds held while investigation is carried out.

Im tired, good night.

• You do realise that ovh have a partner program for you to resell servers ? if your making multiple order over multiple accounts that's why they well have blocked you, if you want to resell then simply sign up to their reseller program ....

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2016

piohost said: You do realise that ovh have a partner program for you to resell servers ? if your making multiple order over multiple accounts that's why they well have blocked you, if you want to resell then simply sign up to their reseller program ....

not only, we had account for last 5 years and never experience such BS as OP described, the title of the thread should be updated to: "I have tried to scam OVH and they prevented me from scam them".

The OP can have one account with 500+ servers without any additional accounts and for such amount of servers you do get assigned manager to your account.

The OVH (SYS) done correct decision to block your account!

Thanked by 3pbgben FalconsCloud akb

@WebProject said:

piohost said: You do realise that ovh have a partner program for you to resell servers ? if your making multiple order over multiple accounts that's why they well have blocked you, if you want to resell then simply sign up to their reseller program ....

not only, we had account for last 5 years and never experience such BS as OP described, the title of the thread should be updated to: "I have tried to scam OVH and they prevented me from scam them".

The OP can have one account with 500+ servers without any additional accounts and for such amount of servers you do get assigned manager to your account.

Amen, OP is a remtard.

Thanked by 1GamerTech24
  • trnjtrnj Member
    edited December 2016

Вован, ёп твоё всё, харэ пургу гнать на OVH. Тебе сервак дали за пять копеек, а ты ещё имеешь совесть наёбывать крутого провайдера.

• @trnj said:
    Вован, ёп твоё всё, харэ пургу гнать на OVH. Тебе сервак дали за пять копеек, а ты ещё имеешь совесть наёбывать крутого провайдера.

No escribas mierda no legible. Gracias

Thanked by 1yomero
  • i think its universal that ovh and sys has the worst customer support there is. No refunds, no help.

@jacno said:
    i think its universal that ovh and sys has the worst customer support there is. No refunds, no help.

That's why OP should have gone with a VAR like us! :P

• jacno said: i think its universal that ovh and sys has the worst customer support there is. No refunds, no help.

I'm at 5 days now without a single reply to a support ticket at SoYouStart =/ even Kimsufi was faster then this. I really wish instead of OVH expanding to a million places at once that they would focus on getting a decent support system in place.

Thanked by 1UrDN
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2016

have you tried to call them? as 9 out of 10 the issue is fixed via phone.

Thanked by 1tmwc
  • GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited January 2017

But yeah I would NOT have multiple SYS accounts open under the same name, it is against their TOS and you risk the servers you're buying under the multiple accounts you're opening being all terminated.

Amen, OP is a remtard.

Yep, that pretty much sums up this thread, if you have a real issue call them a 1-800-OVH-LINE.