Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WebTropia 24% off recurring on ALL Servers until December 26th!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WebTropia 24% off recurring on ALL Servers until December 26th!

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited December 2016 in Providers

WebTropia currently is running their Christmas special until December 26th.
I'm not a fan of the MyLoc family but if you are or wanted to try them out, nows the chance!

Coupon: webtropia-Advent16-24

https://www.webtropia.com/en/landingpages/advent-calendar2016/door-24.html

Prices with Coupon applied

Comments

• One thing i can say. Stay out of them. They have locked down contracts on all ranges. Meaning you need to pay 3 months atleast and to cancel services you need to request cancellation one month before.
    Plus there payment processor's charge is horrible.

https://www.webtropia.com/en/info/payment-methods.html

which goes upto 40% . LEL.

There hardware and network is very good but support not that. Neither friendly nor pleasing.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

It's also no KVM so they are oversold as one can oversell these hostsystems. They only guarantee 99% uptime, while in reality it's even less.

I don't want to bad mouth any other provider but since some of my clients were with webtropia before and've told me several horror stories I just want to warn anyone going with them.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2016

@DXD said:
    One thing i can say. Stay out of them. They have locked down contracts on all ranges. Meaning you need to pay 3 months atleast and to cancel services you need to request cancellation one month before.
    Plus there payment processor's charge is horrible.

https://www.webtropia.com/en/info/payment-methods.html

which goes upto 40% . LEL.

There hardware and network is very good but support not that. Neither friendly nor pleasing.

As for me I've heard bad things about their network but regarding the cancellation you can handle that by ticking automaticly renewing off right away at the checkout:

That 40% fee is for a mobile payment provider and tbh Ive never seen any "cheap" mobile payment providers (zaypayp, daopay...)

@nik said:
    It's also no KVM so they are oversold as one can oversell these hostsystems. They only guarantee 99% uptime, while in reality it's even less.

I don't want to bad mouth any other provider but since some of my clients were with webtropia before and've told me several horror stories I just want to warn anyone going with them.

Yeah, I've hear baaad stories about them aswell which is why I always resist going with them.
    If I were to pick a deal I would go with a dedi. They have quite the good single core performance and no noisy neighbours when using a Dedi :P

• Well try them you will get to know their real face.

On side note : there ddos protection is literally a joke.

• @DXD said:
    Well try them you will get to know their real face.

On side note : there ddos protection is literally a joke.

Regarding the DDoS Protection I've heard similar things. As I said I am not keen to go with them just thought I'd share the deal^^

• the prices in the offers are prices for the Federal Republic of Germany and include VAT). If your place of residence is not in Germany, the prices are net.

yea i must pay VAT :D

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • mov3mov3 Member
    edited December 2016

one time discount or recurring?

Is the price include VAT?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Its shit, man get a Hetzner.

• Their contract is tricky, and cancel the contract is pain in ass! you need to send them fax and wait wait wait and confirm long before the contract ends. I realize this since they send welcome postcard overseas to third world lol (thats my 4 years ago personal experience with them ;p)

• @mov3 said:
    one time discount or recurring?

Is the price include VAT?

Recurring. And I think so. Did not acctually sign up with them :P

• if servdiscount is anything like webtropia (same business), steer clear of them. I've had a dedi at servdiscount and the upload was almost non-existent (~3 Mbps). When I contacted support they showed me an internal speedtest :P These guys are a joke.

• @dodedodo said:
    if servdiscount is anything like webtropia (same business), steer clear of them. I've had a dedi at servdiscount and the upload was almost non-existent (~3 Mbps). When I contacted support they showed me an internal speedtest :P These guys are a joke.

Servdiscount belongs to MyLoc just as Webtropia does. And yea servdiscount network seems to always have issues when I check on them haha

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

the one thing I do not like about the myloc.de brand is that they charges for the payment processors (FEES)

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@RIYAD said:
    the one thing I do not like about the myloc.de brand is that they charges for the payment processors (FEES)

This. 5% to pay by Visa, plus another 2.75% fee from my bank for GBP > EUR

• @RIYAD said:

Yeah that sux xD
    But I also have my issues with online not accepting PayPal where almost everyone does and it is indeed a recent payment processor.

• i had nightmare using them. frequent ddos

• When I had server there the network kept going down, getting slow etc. And whenever I made a ticket they always said that it was due to a DDoS attack on the range my IP was in. Not sure if that's the truth, but I'm not getting any servers anymore with them.

Thanked by 2BBTN Ympker