Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened here?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What happened here?

NevilNevil Member
edited January 2013 in Help

http://i.imgur.com/2PsGmOB.jpg

Just noticed that my game server went down and tried to connect to the VPS but it wasn't working. Connected via VNC to it and saw this (on the image). What happened here?

Comments

• Are you being throttled/limited?
    Try a reboot.

• Not sure.

I rebooted and now the VPS won't boot, completely down.

• who is the vps through?

• kjournald and flush-XXX are disk processes. These processes hang when there's issues with writing data to disk. What virtualization tech is this?

• DeanDean Member
    edited January 2013

Give it a few mins. If it's still down in a couple of mins it could be the host node is being abused; or you've abused it and they've killed you ;)
    I'd put in a ticket to get it checked if it won't come back up.

• @24khost: CPS

@Damien: KVM

@DeanClinton: I doubt I abused it with a empty Urban Terror server.

@Jack: How when the empty server was only using 114MB of 512MB?

• Open a ticket with the host. Your KVM container is unable to write to disk.

• Your journal may have become corrupted, ext3 or ext4? This may help http://firelinux.wordpress.com/2010/08/15/rebuild-journal-on-a-ext3-file-system/

• That is also a common warning if the host went read-only

@Damian said: Open a ticket with the host.

This^

• @Damian: I will do this but I don't want to load uo Mon5t3r with more work.

@miTgiB: Thanks mate. The problem I have is that I can't do this as it does not boot up at all. Nothing happens and VNC connection also failed since the reboot. I've waited more than 10 minutes as Dean suggested but everything is still offline and not booting.

I've asked a friend of mine from Finland who is a Linux Guru and he said it could be a broken disk. When I VNC'd into the machine I couldn't even issue a command. I did reboot, uptime and so on but the machine did nothing. Only reboot via SolusVM could be performed but then it never came back.

• @Nevil said: The problem I have is that I can't do this as it does not boot up at all.

Sounds like ticket may be your only option, and I will double down on the node going read-only

• NevilNevil Member
    edited January 2013

I will open a ticket soon then.

I hope their disks are not broken, this would probably mean also that all other VPSs would be down like mine.

Update: Ticket sent!

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Closed at OP's request.

This discussion has been closed.