Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I committed fraud by charging back a payment - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I committed fraud by charging back a payment

Comments

• @Stevie said:
    @kkhost

Yes they can stop your service, you committed fraud when you reversed the $30 payment, the host has to pay a $15-$30 fee when a charge back is done.

What is fraud? The first time I have to pay $15 and when the normal service has been used for a week, then occurred without the automatic debit authorization of 30 dollars, I follow the normal way to freeze $30 in the bank, you tell what is fraud? Automatically occurs a week after the first transaction! I didn't authorize him for $30.

• kkhostkkhost Member
    edited December 2016

Would you please tell me, no authorization was automatically deducted $30

who is a fraud?

• @kkhost
    Yes you did, now you are just lying to justify your actions.

• €30 will not hurt anybody -_-

• ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep

What is fraud? The first time I have to pay $15 and when the normal service has been used for a week, then occurred without the automatic debit authorization of 30 dollars, I follow the normal way to freeze $30 in the bank, you tell what is fraud? Automatically occurs a week after the first transaction! I didn't authorize him for $30.

Normal way would have been to reach out to to them and ask for a refund, not contact the bank and process a charge back!!!

• @Stevie said:
    @kkhost
    Yes you did, now you are just lying to justify your actions.

Black and white, when the first payment after a few day was automatically charge $30, I was in the fraud?

• kkhostkkhost Member
    edited December 2016

@ndelaespada said:

Normal way would have been to reach out to to them and ask for a refund, not contact the bank and process a charge back!!!

No authorized $30 Credit card deduction, it is automatically detained. My first choice is to go to the bank freezing who knows what will happen next terrible thing

This is why they rush to cancel my service and delete account, real details

• I dont really understand what he is trying to say, but charge back really is a bad thing for the host. he should have just asked for refund, not charge back

• emgemg Veteran

@kkhost said:

This was 100% your fault??
    Prior to that payment of $15 belongs to the normal range now prohibits the service with the subsequent $30 dispute is two different things please figure out what is a responsible seller OK?

Kazila may have made a mistake in the initial charge, but it was not a serious problem. It could have been corrected quickly and easily.

Your current bad situation is 100% your fault because you failed to handle it properly. Instead of raising the issue with the Kazila through their normal ticketing process, you jumped immediately to a chargeback, which should always be the last resort.

As others have already pointed out, when you initiated the chargeback, you caused serious problems for the provider. It results in much more harm than you realize. Kazila must pay a fee to their credit card processor, and Kazila's reputation with their processor is also affected, which may result in increased credit card processing costs for future transactions that they do.

Furthermore, you made the situation even worse for yourself and Kazila by creating a stink here on LowEndTalk.

You are not a good customer. If I owned Kazila, I would have canceled your account and stopped responding as soon as you initiated the chargeback. End of story.

• @didtav said:
    I dont really understand what he is trying to say, but charge back really is a bad thing for the host. he should have just asked for refund, not charge back

I think you understand where the whole problem happened, because 30 dollars is not authorized, it is automatically deducted
    So I fear there will be more terrible things, then I went to the bank to freeze!

• kkhostkkhost Member
    edited December 2016

@emg said:

@kkhost said:

This was 100% your fault??
    Prior to that payment of $15 belongs to the normal range now prohibits the service with the subsequent $30 dispute is two different things please figure out what is a responsible seller OK?

Kazila may have made a mistake in the initial charge, but it was not a serious problem. It could have been corrected quickly and easily.

Your current bad situation is 100% your fault because you failed to handle it properly. Instead of raising the issue with the Kazila through their normal ticketing process, you jumped immediately to a chargeback, which should always be the last resort.

As others have already pointed out, when you initiated the chargeback, you caused serious problems for the provider. It results in much more harm than you realize. Kazila must pay a fee to their credit card processor, and Kazila's reputation with their processor is also affected, which may result in increased credit card processing costs for future transactions that they do.

Furthermore, you made the situation even worse for yourself and Kazila by creating a stink here on LowEndTalk.

You are not a good customer. If I owned Kazila, I would have canceled your account and stopped responding as soon as you initiated the chargeback. End of story.

According to your logic, no one can use credit cards to pay their fees, otherwise the seller will automatically deduct ...customer error?

• If I'm reading this right.

OP paid 15 usd for service.

A week later host billed a 30 usd charge to the OP credit card.

OP claims 30 dollar charge was not authorized

• deankdeank Member, Troll

OP is not capable of understanding what he has done and even what is going on.

Thanked by 1matthewkilpatrick
  • @lazyt said:
    If I'm reading this right.

YES

• @IThinkUFailed said:

@dotted said:
    Ban-hammer ETA : 2 hours.

Generous estimate to be honest.

Not enough it seems

• It doesn't excuse the chargeback. Nate clearly stated in the ticket that he would have been happy to refund if there was a mistake on their end.

• OhMyMyOhMyMy Member
    edited December 2016

@kkhost you say your bank won't assist you with rescinding the request until the vps provider objects to the chargeback? I suggest calling your bank again. People make mistakes all the time. Speak to a supervisor, tell him/her that you want the chargeback recalled (which is what you claimed you asked them to do). Once you do that, contact vps provider and tell him you fixed the mess and could he reenable your vps. Arguing on this thread does no good, warning people on let about bad providers extremely rarely works (Not saying this is bad provider- no basis for my judgement of that). At this point all you are doing is venting frustration and not taking positive steps to resolve - ie working with bank and vendor to clean up a mess that occassionally happens.

• they may have made a mistake on that €30 payment.
    if you did not charge back and asked for a refund but they refused, it will be their fault and you can charge back. in that case I believe everyone here would be on your side.

• Just ban the mdf

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2016

@lazyt said:

That's not how I read it. I think that's how they're trying to change the story now. Read this:

https://www.upload.ee/image/6469558/F3.png

The customer admits to making a mistake of their own when they "top up" their account. That, where I'm from, means they added credit to their account by mistake through their own doing.

The slight language barrier does not account for the use of that specific wording as compared to what he's saying in the thread now, for me at least.

Thanked by 3BeardyUnixGuy alown emg
  • kkhostkkhost Member
    edited December 2016

@jarland said:

@lazyt said:

That's not how I read it. I think that's how they're trying to change the story now. Read this:

The customer admits to making a mistake of their own when they "top up" their account. That, where I'm from, means they added credit to their account by mistake through their own doing.

The slight language barrier does not account for the use of that specific wording as compared to what he's saying in the thread now, for me at least.

But was not immediately recharge success But in a few days to be charged

@kkhost said:

@jarland said:

@lazyt said:

But was not immediately recharge success but was charged after a few days

So you attempted to add credit and it failed, then completed automatically a few days later? That doesn't seem unreasonable if you initiated a credit add, which generated an unpaid invoice on your account. Did you contact support to let them know you didn't mean to initiate that?

• kkhostkkhost Member
    edited December 2016

@jarland said:

@kkhost said:

@jarland said:

@lazyt said:

So you attempted to add credit and it failed, then completed automatically a few days later? That doesn't seem unreasonable if you initiated a credit add, which generated an unpaid invoice on your account. Did you contact support to let them know you didn't mean to initiate that?

I can say that it really happened! So I'm bank freeze

• Too bad op said it was a bitch provider - doesnt lead to dispute resolution. He should message provider and say he will get the chargeback cleared up with the assurance that he gets his $15 account reactivated and the 30 returned as he made a mistake charging it. if provider agrees- op can call his bank and actually ask to get it fixed. if not, the whole thing is moot and Op arguing here doesnt fix it.

@kkhost said:

@jarland said:

@kkhost said:

@jarland said:

@lazyt said:

I can say that it really happened! So I was afraid to let the bank freeze

That makes sense. So you made a mistake and forgot to notify support, it happens. The only problem is that now they actually have to pay money out of their own pockets for your mistake. Chargeback doesn't just take back $30. They have to pay another fee (I think $25) on top of that. So in the end you took money from them, for a mistake that you made.

You can see how this might upset them. They've been accused of fraud and forced to pay money because you made a mistake. They would be reasonable to not want to keep you as a customer if you do things like that to them.

• @jarland said:

@kkhost said:

@jarland said:

@lazyt said:

This is the reason I can not calm, when I recharge did not happen, and then a few days later, SMS told to be deducted $30

• I love the thread title, well done!

@kkhost said:

@jarland said:

@kkhost said:

@jarland said:

@lazyt said:

This is the reason I can not calm, when I recharge did not happen, and then a few days later, SMS told to be deducted $30

Because it left an unpaid invoice on your account. Your job then was to contact support and say "I do not want this, please cancel this invoice." They did not generate the invoice for you by hand, they had absolutely no way of knowing what you wanted to happen because you didn't tell them. Now you think they should pay for your mistake. Do you really think that makes you look good?

• kkhostkkhost Member
    edited December 2016

@jarland said:

@kkhost said:

@jarland said:

@kkhost said:

@jarland said:

@lazyt said:

Because it left an unpaid invoice on your account. Your job then was to contact support and say "I do not want this, please cancel this invoice." They did not generate the invoice for you by hand, they had absolutely no way of knowing what you wanted to happen because you didn't tell them. Now you think they should pay for your mistake. Do you really think that makes you look good?

If at that time produced invoice, The incident wasn't going to happen,At that time No invoice

This discussion has been closed.