Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who to contact if we want our account deleted along with all the posts and discussions? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who to contact if we want our account deleted along with all the posts and discussions?

2»

Comments

• @newconsultant Welcome to the purgatory.

• Setting aside whatever newconsultant said/did in the past, I do think that it would be desirable to have a way of deleting one's account, if one so chooses, along the lines of "the right to be forgotten". I hadn't thought about it until now in connection with LET, but if one cannot delete one's account (or ask for it to be deleted within a reasonable delay), I find this undesirable (and if this is the case, this "feature" of LET accounts should be signaled to anyone when signing up).

The posts are a different matter. Any posts presumably become the property of LET (-> LEB -> VSNX) (though I wonder whether this is stated anywhere) -- it is a privately owned forum after all.

So I would distinguish the question of being able to deleting one's account (I would say yes to this) from the question of being able to delete one's posts (I would say no to this, assuming that any post becomes the property of LET).

• I want to delete my account please. :(

Thanked by 1Pijanista
  • @newconsultant said:
    I want to delete my account please. :(

$20 or GTFO

• Just leave. Your posts will disappear into the abyss

• @lukehebb said:
    Just leave. Your posts will disappear into the abyss

I have a duty to bump OP's threads daily for the next 15 years. This is an ungrateful but very satisfying job.

• @newconsultant said:
    I would like to know about the person who is authorized to delete an account here along with all the data pertaining to the account including but not limited to posts dicussions.

Thanks!

how mundane is this thread, there are people dying in aleppo, ambassadors being killed, lorries being slammed in people and then there is this thread....

• @Nekki said:

@newconsultant said:

$20 or GTFO

7$ !

• @datanoise said:

@Nekki said:

@newconsultant said:

$20 or GTFO

7$ !

$7.01

• @dotted said:

@datanoise said:

@Nekki said:

@newconsultant said:

$20 or GTFO

7$ !

$7.01

I feel elcheapo coming up in me... 2$!!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Please close my account right now.

• @newconsultant said:
    Please close my account right now.

Sorry but @Nekki informed you that there is a fee to do that.

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

wanna get rid of all posts? then stop making new posts like this one

• @newconsultant said:

If it's not clear for you by now then let me explain. They won't delete your account, just leave and dont look back or request a ban like @trewq explained. And stop posting that helps a lot.

• @newconsultant said:

I will do it for a free month of your bp vpn service

• You opened a ticket and you got your answer.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

newconsultant said: Please close my account right now.

BTW, it's not arbitrary moderator dick move or that we're lazy. I mean, we are but that's unrelated.

Closing accounts and deleting posts messes up the forum. If someone quoted you, suddenly there's no post to go back to, and what if someone posted valuable info in a thread you started?

I'm afraid you'll just have to...

If it makes you feel better, no one has any idea who you are and your forum name is generic, so starting immediately you can deny you ever heard of LowEndTalk.

I mean, I usually do when I'm in polite society...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2016

@angstrom said:
    Setting aside whatever newconsultant said/did in the past, I do think that it would be desirable to have a way of deleting one's account, if one so chooses, along the lines of "the right to be forgotten". I hadn't thought about it until now in connection with LET, but if one cannot delete one's account (or ask for it to be deleted within a reasonable delay), I find this undesirable (and if this is the case, this "feature" of LET accounts should be signaled to anyone when signing up).

The posts are a different matter. Any posts presumably become the property of LET (-> LEB -> VSNX) (though I wonder whether this is stated anywhere) -- it is a privately owned forum after all.

So I would distinguish the question of being able to deleting one's account (I would say yes to this) from the question of being able to delete one's posts (I would say no to this, assuming that any post becomes the property of LET).

I get the idea but there's consistently only one reason people ask us to delete their account: they intend to sell something here and made an ass of themselves, and they want to hit the reset button. I absolutely refuse them the opportunity. I want that account data to reference when they try to come back under a new name.

You also cannot delete an account without deleting posts. You can't have a null value for OP. There's no strong demand to justify any attempt at a development request on that note.

This discussion has been closed.