Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Easy Mail Server Installation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Easy Mail Server Installation

For who needs a mail server easy to configure with webadmin/webmail (roundcube), Poste.io is just awesome! SMTP/IMAP/POP3/Antispam/Antivirus/LetsEncrypt Cert, all in a docker image. :D
Admin Demo: https://poste.io/admin/login#[email protected];admin
Official: https://poste.io/

Comments

• Looks fantastic! Makes installation really easy, and it seems to configure it well enough as well.

Now what sort of day to day maintenance am I looking at? Can I just set this up and forget about it?

• sergsergiusergsergiu Member
    edited December 2016

I founded this only 2mo ago, still no issue yet! Poste have some premium features which are missing from free version but is still good enough.

One single thing: If you run this on a low memory box will have issues beause starts a lot of processes, so i solved this by adding 512MB swap to a 768MB RAM box.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • Really well done man! I'm going to give it a try soon. Any plans on adding rainloop alongside Roundcube?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Nice work!

• sergsergiusergsergiu Member
    edited December 2016

Is first time when i see rainloop, is awesome, Thanks!
    You can modify docker image, https://poste.io/doc/extending-mailserver .

I used in my 'config' as desktop client "https://www.getmailbird.com/" which is really awesome too, but missing filters to redirect e-mails to "Directory", but this can be fixed easy using "Custom e-mail filter" from Poste Admin (Sieve).

And as mobile client i used "Blue Mail" on android, it looks similar to MailBird.

• is this a lot better than mailcow?

• Looks good! Will give it a try later.
    And +1 for adding rainloop.

• can it support email archiving?

• @spammy said:
    is this a lot better than mailcow?

Both have their Own pros and cons but I run an MAILCOW instance I must say its absolute smooth for more than an year

@sergsergiu It would be much useful if you have an way to add external EMAIL gateways from the admin menu itself it would allow novice users to run email servers without worrying about IP reputation, deliverablity

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

simonindia said: @sergsergiu It would be much useful if you have an way to add external EMAIL gateways from the admin menu itself it would allow novice users to run email servers without worrying about IP reputation, deliverablity

Yes, like Mailchannels!

@sergsergiu does it support Letsencrypt for SSL certs?

• @simonindia, i think if you use this for personal usage and if you use it carefully you will not have issues with deliverability..but if you have single server/ip and you try to manage email campaigns or you have noisy clients can be a problem.

@gleert, yes!

sergsergiu said: but if you have single server/ip and you try to manage email campaigns or you have noisy clients can be a problem

Any way to use Mailchannels as SMTP relay with Poste.io?

• @sergsergiu said:
    @simonindia, i think if you use this for personal usage and if you use it carefully you will not have issues with deliverability..but if you have single server/ip and you try to manage email campaigns or you have noisy clients can be a problem.

@gleert, yes!

I understand what your are saying but just asking if the feature is list for the future

If you can bring this any one can run mail server on any VPS without worrying about IP's in the blacklist

• @sergsergiu said:
    @simonindia, i think if you use this for personal usage and if you use it carefully you will not have issues with deliverability..but if you have single server/ip and you try to manage email campaigns or you have noisy clients can be a problem.

@gleert, yes!

I understand what your are saying but just asking if the feature is list for the future

If you can bring this any one can run mail server on any VPS without worrying about IP's in the blacklist

But Poste.io is great in its present form thankyou for the efforts you put in

• Looks great! I need to setup a new email server and i'm trying to choose between Poste.ie vs iredmail.org

Does anyone has experience with both of this systems? Or at least one? If yes, can you share your opinion?

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited December 2016

Look's quite good, might test within the next few day, how is it security wise i don't think Qmail has had any update's for years.

• @simonindia , is not my 'software'. :D

If someone can review how secure is this Poste.io and how hard is to customize, maybe to add new features like external gateways.. can be awesome!

• @sergsergiu said:
    @simonindia , is not my 'software'. :D

If someone can review how secure is this Poste.io and how hard is to customize, maybe to add new features like external gateways.. can be awesome!

Sorry just an mis understanding

• Is docker not working in openvz?

• @mov3 said:
    Is docker not working in openvz?

Kind of.
    You have to get your host to do this though:
    https://openvz.org/Docker_inside_CT