Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vpsRus is looking for beta testers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

vpsRus is looking for beta testers

justvmjustvm Member, Patron Provider

We are looking for 5 beta testers for our new seedbox deployment.

Main features will include:

• ruTorrent
  • Deluge
  • OpenVPN
  • FTPS

Test package will be:

• 90GB HDD for each user
  • Speed 100Mbps Shared (max 5 users)
  • Unlimited traffic

How long will this be in beta for?

• The testing period will be 30 days

What feedback we expect from you?

• use all the features on the seedbox
  • report bugs
  • verify and report loads
  • speed test
  • if more plugins are necessary

What do you receive to be beta tester?

• You will receive 30 days on seedbox test and after tests 4 months of use for free

Restrictions

• no Copywrited material

Requirements

• Need knowledge in torrent

How to apply?

Please send a pm with your name and email, we will select 5 from the applications

Thanked by 1ewrek

Comments

• How you sort out copywrited material or not? :)

• justvmjustvm Member, Patron Provider

Here is our seedbox policy

VPSRUS Seedbox Policy

VPSRUS.COM provides shared seedbox services to people all around the world.
    We have the responsibility to protect each client and provide the best service possible.
    Please read very carefully all the information before ordering and/or using VPSRUS.COM services.

Customers may not share or give away control of any portion of their Seedbox resources ( accounts, space, etc.) to a third party.

All services provided by VPSRUS.COM may be used for lawful purposes only.
    Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data or material in violation of any law is prohibited.
    This includes, but is not limited to copyrighted material, the material we judge to be threatening or obscene, or material protected by trade secret and other statues.
    The subscriber agrees to indemnify and hold harmless VPSRUS.COM from any claims resulting from the use of the service which damages the subscriber or any other party.

Examples of non-acceptable content or links:

Pirated software,
    Hacking/cracking related content,
    Warez and/or copyrighted content,
    Illegal material or material that is against public policy,
    Content or linking to material that may be considered detrimental to the public health, safety, or welfare.

VPSRUS.COM reserves the right to deactivate and remove any seedbox at any time for any reason without refund.

VPSRUS.COM will respond to all reports of infringement that are formatted in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and any other applicable copyright laws. Notices of infringement that do not comply with this act will not be processed. We will act in accordance with the DMCA or other relevant institutions when handling infringement reports.

VPSRUS.COM is not responsible for data loss. Clients are responsible for backing up their own data.

Public Trackers:
    While we do not ban clients using public trackers on our seed slots we request that you limit your Upload speed to them to 1Mpbs.
    The reason for this is public trackers can take a lot of resources from the server and this is not fair to other clients you share with.
    Not following this can lead to your service being suspended with no refund given.

• I dont really see the point of such a seedbox, based on that policy.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited December 2016

It's useless from start, lol, Torrents extended exactly for all these types of content.
    No one seed family photos or vacation videos to everyone.. seedbox on US based VPS just nonsense :)

• @jenkki said:
    No one seed family photos or vacation videos to everyone..

Idk, I'm pretty sure there are photos and videos of many people's mothers in torrents.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited December 2016

Yeah, and some fart elephants behind..

• If I can offer a suggestion, I would suggest 1gbps instead of 100mbps and maybe limited transfer say 5tb so it doesn't get too expensive.

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • How much is it after beta?

• Why is this sick filth on LET?

Thanked by 1doughmanes

@Nekki said:
    Why is this sick filth on LET?

To what do you refer, the company or the post?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@MagicalTrain said:
    I dont really see the point of such a seedbox, based on that policy.

Actual Linux ISO seeding :P

Francisco

Thanked by 1HyperSpeed
  • Why you not just make another company and then provide seedbox, so you can freely write better TOS for this use.

Thanked by 1jm1
  • 100Mbps for a seedbox is kinda outdated and to share it with 5 users. Atleast 1Gbps required.

• @redalertrox said:
    100Mbps for a seedbox is kinda outdated and to share it with 5 users. Atleast 1Gbps required.

I agree. Your offer is suitable for the "box" part, but won't really kill the "seed" part with 100Mbps.

• @vpsrus said:

@Nekki said:

The post. Seedboxes have no place on LET.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@vpsrus where are your servers hosted, which DC?

edited December 2016

@AnthonySmith said:
    @vpsrus where are your servers hosted, which DC?

Chicago, NC, Kansas, France

@Nekki said:

@vpsrus said:

@Nekki said:

Well we asked for beta testers we did not post any offer

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

vpsrus said: Chicago, NC, Kansas, France

Well I hope you own and operate your own equipment and network in all those locations or this is one of the most ridiculous things I have seen.

your 'policy' means nothing to those that would and will abuse it.

Thanked by 1justvm
  • @vpsrus said:

@Nekki said:

@vpsrus said:

@Nekki said:

Well we asked for beta testers we did not post any offer

Your distinction does not make sense to me.

Thanked by 1justvm
  • @Nekki said:

@vpsrus said:

I respectfully disagree fart mother.

After weighting and listen to the good comments on this thread and also taking notes that the TOS will not enforce, we have decided to cancel this project, we apologize and would like to thanks all the fellows that applied for a beta tester.
    For those who applied to be a beta tester in a week or so, we will launch another project "NAT VPS" and you will be considered in the first place to participate.

If any moderator is reading this please close this thread.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited December 2016

Of course they can't just say "Sure, use our services to download and share the latest TV shows and movies as much as you want". they would be shut down in a month.

It's one thing what they say in ToS and another what they enforce in private.

I doubt that even francisco cares if you use his storage VPS's as seedboxes, but of course he would need to condemn it in public.

• i thought we all seed linux iso's on seedboxes?

• only linux isos?

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited December 2016

vpsrus said: we have decided to cancel this project

Yeah, seedbox on US based VPS behind DMCA office is bad idea.. May be somewhere in Curacao?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

vpsrus said: new seedbox deployment.

What?

vpsrus said: no Copywrited material

... what?

vpsrus said: While we do not ban clients using public trackers on our seed slots we request that you limit your Upload speed to them to 1Mpbs. The reason for this is public trackers can take a lot of resources from the server and this is not fair to other clients you share with.

... what?

Seriously, this is extremely poorly thought out, and reflects poorly on you as a provider. You're trying to hand out (and eventually sell) a service that is going to be completely useless for almost everybody. Virtually every legal torrent - and that's assuming that people are interested in purchasing a seedbox for those - is on a public tracker.

So... effectively, "you can only use this seedbox for data you are not interested in, and only at 1mbps". What?

EDIT: And what, exactly, makes a torrent from a public tracker more problematic? The larger amount of clients? Should I deduce from this that your hardware is incapable of dealing with intensive disk I/O?

EDIT2: And yes, I am aware that this beta is cancelled. The problem here is bigger than this beta. You are either fucking up your market research, or being intentionally deceptive. Neither is very promising for the longevity and trustworthiness of your company.

• ewrekewrek Member
    edited December 2016

Never mind

• @MagicalTrain said:
    I dont really see the point of such a seedbox, based on that policy.

We can still torrent "Linux ISOs"