Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your thoughts about my new domain/brand?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What are your thoughts about my new domain/brand?

CUTACUTA Member

I recently bought a domain - Nucuta.com. I am currently considering to change my brand's name from CUTA to Nucuta. I am wondering What are your thoughts about my new domain/brand?

Thanks.

Comments

• What is the purpose of said brand ?

• CUTACUTA Member
    edited December 2016

@VortexMagnus said:
    What is the purpose of said brand ?

I am doing an information technology blog.

• CUTA said: I am doing an information technology blog.

imo, the name isn't memorable enough, so yeah, eh

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @CUTA said:

@VortexMagnus said:
    What is the purpose of said brand ?

I am doing an information technology blog.

TechSucksKanyesArse.com is free. Now that's what I call branding.

Thanked by 1Gravely
  • What does the word actually mean or is it a manufactured word?

• who are you?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

CUTA said: Nucuta.com. I am currently considering to change my brand's name from CUTA to Nucuta

Here we go again...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Coke

Thanked by 1GCat
  • calcutta

• I like new things. Nucuta sounds generic, but positive to me. If you don't own cuta.com, but nucuta.com, then go for it.

Amitz said: I like new things. Nucuta sounds generic, but positive to me. If you don't own cuta.com, but nucuta.com, then go for it.

OTOH if you own cuta.com, then sell it, because you'll make more from the domain sale than you will running a technology blog.

• CUTA said: Nucuta

Sounds like some kind of fingernail care product.

• willie said: Sounds like some kind of fingernail care product.

Yep, probably better to change the subject of the blog than try rebranding.

• CUTACUTA Member
    edited December 2016

@raindog308 said:

Amitz said: I like new things. Nucuta sounds generic, but positive to me. If you don't own cuta.com, but nucuta.com, then go for it.

OTOH if you own cuta.com, then sell it, because you'll make more from the domain sale than you will running a technology blog.

Unfortunately, I don't own cuta.com, but cuta.info. Even if I owned it, I wouldn't sell it, because I like the name, and there is a meaning around it too, but I can't say it in here. Anyway as I found it's (Cuta.com) owned by some random korean guy who doesn't even use the domain for anything. Fortunately, I own the Nucuta.com. so that's why I thought to move to that one. anyway thanks for everyone who actually took time to answer my thread.

• So if I got this right, what you are really wanting to do is change the TLD. What country are you in? Using your ccTLD might be another option.

• first thing came to my mind: Puta!

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @Ole_Juul said:
    So if I got this right, what you are really wanting to do is change the TLD. What country are you in? Using your ccTLD might be another option.

I am from srilanka/asia. so I can go for .lk domain, but I prefer not to use .lk because I want to cover the entire world, not just my own country.

• You should choose CUNT-A

Thanked by 1windytime90
  • CUTA said: I am from srilanka/asia. so I can go for .lk domain, but I prefer not to use .lk because I want to cover the entire world, not just my own country.

I've never heard of a ccTLD that didn't cover the entire world. They all do.

• @Ole_Juul said:

CUTA said: I am from srilanka/asia. so I can go for .lk domain, but I prefer not to use .lk because I want to cover the entire world, not just my own country.

I've never heard of a ccTLD that didn't cover the entire world. They all do.

Google ranks ccTLD domains a bit lower than gTLD for foreign countries. so not a good move to start using a .lk domain, if plans to cover the whole world.

• 'Cuta' translates as 'disease'.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

$10 on tom glass.

• Nu-Cul-Tas. Approximate translation from French: "naked butt fatty". Good choice of words.

• Would you mind telling us what's the meaning of this word?

• OhMyMyOhMyMy Member
    edited December 2016

@datanoise
    www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=CUTA

Thanked by 3pbgben datanoise cassa

"Paging @nekki . @nekki, there are new words for you to learn in this thread. Please join immediately."

Thanked by 1willie
  • @datanoise said:
    Would you mind telling us what's the meaning of this word?

@OhMyMy said:
    @datanoise

"Gay people like CUTA. ?"

At least someone likes CUTA.

• @OhMyMy said:
    @datanoise

There is also the second definition in your link https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=coota

Not sure what @CUTA's project is about though.

• @datanoise said:

@OhMyMy said:
    @datanoise

There is also the second definition in your link https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=coota

Not sure what @CUTA's project is about though.

Actually I have no idea about these other definitions. I made this word my own. The CUTA itself didn't have any meaning, it is just a derived word of a japanese word - KAWAII (cute) to portray my site as something attractive (pretty, cute) in the technology world. because in computer field, the developers hardly concern about the look of anything, they just mostly care about the functionality only, but my site gives a high priority to look just as the functionality. So I took the KAWAII word, kept the almost same pronunciation, then it turned out be CUTAII, then removed the last double II, then I got CUTA. Since CUTA didn't have any meaning, I gave it my own definition. It means, something very attractive, and pleasant but still sophisticated and knowledgeable. So basically my blog is a combination of programming + designing + human computer interaction + psychology and philosophy. It's something beyond the mainstream technology blogs. I want to make something unique, which doesn't exist or hardly exist.

• cool name