Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How's ServerHub?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How's ServerHub?

They have their holiday sales going on for this entire month. They're not as good as their BF sale, but still decent.

I'm mostly interested in a 512/1024mb Irongrid SSD VPS their Chicago/NY locations.

I've been looking them up for the past half hour. A few horror stories, mostly about rather sub par support of them not replying to tickets for days and closing them for no reason. A few terrible reviews on their shared hosting and a few digs at the ability of their support staffs. Not sure if the % of the bad press is above or below the industry standard.

Benchmarks posted here look pretty good. They don't have a trial or refund policy so I can't check them out. Their TOS don't really outline an acceptable usage policy, on how much I can really rev their cores and such.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

I've only had a small server with them for a VPN once or twice and their network is great (though their datacenter is less than 30 miles from me, so like 1-2 external hops), never had any downtime or packet loss but their SLA guarantees that. I cancelled said server many months ago, only needed it for a short time.

No clue about support.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • @PepeSilvia

I have the smaller package with them and the VPS are fast and so far so good. I sign up with their 128MB IronGrid Big Data VPS with 125GB SSD Cached at only $9 / year (Cyber Monday)

For your reference only.
    You can compare the Benchmark with Serverhub.com Vs Ramnode.com (discontinued) Vs Liteserver.nl at

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1950354/#Comment_1950354

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • Thanks for sharing. Can anyone recommend one of their DC's? Some info on support would also be nice.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

I got one of the SSD-cached plans in Seattle on BF/CM and it's quite good for the price (I did the $5 first year on the 128MB/125GB box). If you grab one of the pure SSD plans let us know how they are.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • I have never used their support, I have a their "IronGrid Big Data VPS" 512mb / 500gb hd / 1 tb bw / 2 cores in NY so far so good.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

We use their vps for a lot of things and we colo in their Dallas facility. We have VPS in Phoenix, Dallas, and Chicago. Serverhub is solid, never have had a issue.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • primoprimo Member
    edited December 2016

iron grid 512MB :

05:23:24 up 321 days, 11:55, on DAL1-525 node

00:23:07 up 384 days, 22:45, on DAL1-542 node

00:24:51 up 78 days, 16:27, on DAL1-834 node

and this is their Xen Xpression X1 256MB ram (before they selling iron grid)

lot expensive compared to their iron grid but i'm happy with the uptime

05:21:27 up 761 days, 10:28, on PHX1-1539 node

Thanked by 2PepeSilvia mht7011
  • AZ is pretty good. We had too many network interruptions in IL. I only interacted with support for a host clock issue and it was difficult to communicate (ESL) but we did get things sorted.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • Tagging @virmach in case they miss the thread.

• i have one of those storage blackfriday specials and its good. Note: if you never use support and your vps is fine then its a super sign.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2016

I'm really disappointed with Serverhub. Their servers might be stable, but their network isn't.

I have VMs in many of their locations. Since October, their IPv6 connectivity in Seattle is disrupted. They have not yet managed to solve this.
    Some weeks ago routing issues in Frankfurt came up. Again, still no fix and no ETA so far.

I don't know if they would be that deedless if IPv4 was affected, but imho this shouldn't make a difference.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

We have a Node with ServerHub , the server is stable , also their support is really nice .

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • I have to say their support is one of the fastest based on the providers Ive purchased from.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • @Harambe will do. Thanks everyone!

• I have been using using their Shared hosting for 4 years, their network is indeed good and I never had problem with their hosting.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • i cannot find any vps vendor worse than serverhub. they deleted my vps and my account without any notification. when i registed one other account and opened ticket, they first replied i never ordered their service. after i post some envidence, they said i ordered the service with vpn. it's radiculars.

• b6688b6688 Member
    edited December 2016

@piero66 said:
    i cannot find any vps vendor worse than serverhub. they deleted my vps and my account without any notification. when i registed one other account and opened ticket, they first replied i never ordered their service. after i post some envidence, they said i ordered the service with vpn. it's radiculars.

Damn it, you sign up the VPS using VPN then blame them deleted your VPS. Don't get me wrong as I guess 10 out of 10 provider will do the same. You're damn ridiculous.

• @piero66 said:
    i cannot find any vps vendor worse than serverhub. they deleted my vps and my account without any notification. when i registed one other account and opened ticket, they first replied i never ordered their service. after i post some envidence, they said i ordered the service with vpn. it's radiculars.

Did they delete it within the first few hours or after a few weeks/months?

• solid and still up, doesnt have any issue. i have vps on them, iron big data plan.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • I've got some problems around 3 months ago with ipv6 in Frankfurt and fixing it last around 2 weeks. Except this, everything works great.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • Have been using them and vps + network + support are good.

The only problem I found is that on their Shared/Reseller packages the main server host main IP are most of the times blacklisted on several spam blacklists.

I'm talking just about the main server node IP and not the Dedicated IP that they give to the client account. Anyway, this causes email delivery problems many times.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@nqservices said:
    Have been using them and vps + network + support are good.

The only problem I found is that on their Shared/Reseller packages the main server host main IP are most of the times blacklisted on several spam blacklists.

I'm talking just about the main server node IP and not the Dedicated IP that they give to the client account. Anyway, this causes email delivery problems many times.

With cPanel/WHM you (the administrator) can set exim to send mail from accounts dedicated IP, maybe ask them to change it so it does that?

• @MikeA said:
    With cPanel/WHM you (the administrator) can set exim to send mail from accounts dedicated IP, maybe ask them to change it so it does that?

I have just moved on and hosted my email elsewhere.

• @b6688 said:

@piero66 said:

Damn it, you sign up the VPS using VPN then blame them deleted your VPS. Don't get me wrong as I guess 10 out of 10 provider will do the same. You're damn ridiculous.

hey man, it's not my first time buying vps. usually, the vendor will mark your order as fraud and you cannot even proceed for payment. however, i realized my account got deleted after using the vps for two weeks. please understand the situation clearly before any judgement.

• @PepeSilvia said:

@piero66 said:

Did they delete it within the first few hours or after a few weeks/months?

i realized my account got deleted after using the vps for two weeks.. i thought the vps is in good status and put lots of data on it. terrible vendor.

• @piero66

Ok, do you mind to share with us what software or application you have installed in the VPS and causing it to be deleted? Maybe you can share with us?

• It doesn't matter what software was installed on the VPS. ServerHub will retroactively delete the VPS if there is suspicion of fraud in the order...after you pay for the VPS.

That happened to me. I subscribed and paid for a BF storage VPS from them while on holiday. Because my GEOIP was not in the same country as the address I submitted, it was flagged as FRAUD and deleted..TWO DAYS AFTER setting up the VPS.

I creating a ticket and they asked for ID and transaction details. I submitted the info and got a new VPS (they said the old one was deleted instead of just being suspended). Luckily, I was using the VPS for backup storage and lost only a day's worth of incremental backups.

I didn't find any wording in their TOS regarding the order GEOIP has to match the registered postal address. The TOS (actually a User Agreement) is at
    http://serverhub.com/policies/useragreement

It would have been nice if they blocked the order instead of deleting the VPS several days after it was paid for and setup.

I don't fault them for being diligent in their FRAUD protection. However, the scorched-earth approach even after paying for the VPS is a bit irritating.

Thanked by 1willie
  • I have a 512MB Big Data VPS from them at the Frankfurt location. So far so good, the server itself is pretty responsive. I did, however, experience terrible lag with IPv6 connections (yum takes too long to resolve, and anything else that uses IPv6). Disabled it temporarily as I didn't really need it for now, everything else works smoothly.

• virvivirvirvivir Member
    edited December 2016

dose the serverhub allow torrenting, i mean i wanna download some lynda tutorial from rutracker or thepiratebay, not copy right movies or music, is this ok?

• @definitelyliam Serverhub has IPV6 available at Frankfurt location?