Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Linode Datacenter: Tokyo 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Linode Datacenter: Tokyo 2

kaflokaflo Member
edited November 2016 in Providers

We are proud to announce the opening of our ninth datacenter: Tokyo 2. There has been high demand for additional Linode capacity in this region and we’re excited to open up availability.

>

Tokyo 2 offers all of the features and services as our other datacenters, at standard Linode pricing. Connectivity into Tokyo 2 features a fine blend of peering and transit providers (with more to come) to ensure the highest possible bandwidth and lowest latencies.
Customers with Linodes in other datacenters (including Tokyo 1) wishing to move Linodes into Tokyo 2 can clone them to the new facility. The cloning method is recommended since you’ll be able to stage your services on their new IP addresses before changing your DNS records. Alternatively, you can open a support ticket and we can configure a migration for you.

For new Linodes, simply choose “Tokyo 2” as the location when creating a Linode.

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

And only like 10 days ago, what took you so long, we were all waiting for you to break the news.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • How's your trip to the Mars?

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @rm_ said:
    And only like 10 days ago, what took you so long, we were all waiting for you to break the news.

@dedipromo said:
    How's your trip to the Mars?

Sorry you guys I just got the email

Didn't know it was already old news.

• @dedipromo said:
    How's your trip to the Mars?

• I really want to know why I am getting this exact email today, "11:52 AM (1 minute ago) We are proud to announce the opening of our ninth datacenter: Tokyo 2. "

What the hell?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@hzr said:
    I really want to know why I am getting this exact email today, "11:52 AM (1 minute ago) We are proud to announce the opening of our ninth datacenter: Tokyo 2. "

What the hell?

It's possible that they stagger their announcements so that they don't overload the new location on day 1.

• People complain when they get email when they dont get email if they get it too soon if they get it too late. Perhaps they segmented their customers from most probable to least probable of using Japan or incorporated other things into the equation- annual spend, number of sites etc. Or maybe just old fashioned a/b testing

• @OhMyMy said:
    People complain when they get email when they dont get email if they get it too soon if they get it too late. Perhaps they segmented their customers from most probable to least probable of using Japan or incorporated other things into the equation- annual spend, number of sites etc. Or maybe just old fashioned a/b testing

My understanding is that they do segment their customers depending on amount of Linodes in their account or something very similar. I know someone who got the notification on the 10th of November.