Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM Special: 2 Cores @ 3.5 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 15 GB SSD, Voxility Anti DDoS – only 12 EUR / yr
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM Special: 2 Cores @ 3.5 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 15 GB SSD, Voxility Anti DDoS – only 12 EUR / yr

niknik Member, Host Rep

Hi all,

we have limited stock available for this new special deal! All our offerings are based in Frankfurt, Germany and all inbound traffic is going through Voxilitys Anti DDoS protection.

The host systems for this deal will be based on E5-1650v2 CPUs, 128 GB ECC RAM and Pure SSD Storage (Samsung 850 Pros in RAID). Servers are available instantly after payment and only need around 15 seconds to be deployed.

Special Plan
- 2 vCPU Cores @ 3.5 GHz
- 512 MB ECC RAM
- 15 GB Pure SSD Storage
- 500 GB Traffic / month @ 1 Gbps port
- 12 EUR per year
ORDER NOW >

Pricing in EUR. Excludes any applicable tax. Additional traffic is charged at 0,02 EUR / GB.

Ignore the "page not found" message on the checkout page and please make sure to select the yearly plan.

Chat with us:
https://www.nodion.com/en/ (bottom right corner)

Email us:
[email protected]

Looking Glass:
http://lg.fra1.nodion.com
Test IP: 95.156.229.36
Test File: http://lg.fra1.nodion.com/100MB.test

Cheers,
Nik

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

No IPv6?

• bought one but the control panel keeps saying "Machine is unreachable for the moment."

• niknik Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2016

@rm_ said:
    No IPv6?

No, sadly not yet. We are currently developing our custom panel where this will be possible.

@yorkchou said:
    bought one but the control panel keeps saying "Machine is unreachable for the moment."

There is an error currently caused by VirtKick. We are on it an will let you know when this is resolved. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

• is possible to make it, 15 euro/m for 2 ram?

edited December 2016

@dontrix123 said:
    is possible to make it, 15 euro/m for 2 ram?

We can make custom deals, no problem. Maybe join our live chat to discuss the details. :)

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Panel lost connection a few times, so had a bit of extra work checking out, but nice offer overall.

Network is great, VM seems super responsive, Disk I/O seems a bit slower than I'd expect to see on a pure SSD offering (80-100MB/s dd, 550-750 IOPs) on some simple (non-real world) tests - nothing wrong with those speeds I just hope they don't dip further when more people hop on the node I'm on.

For a dirt cheap annual KVM in DE, +1 from me :)

• Do you own the hardware or are you renting it from your supplier?

edited December 2016

@Harambe said:
    Panel lost connection a few times, so had a bit of extra work checking out, but nice offer overall.

Network is great, VM seems super responsive, Disk I/O seems a bit slower than I'd expect to see on a pure SSD offering (80-100MB/s dd, 550-750 IOPs) on some simple (non-real world) tests - nothing wrong with those speeds I just hope they don't dip further when more people hop on the node I'm on.

For a dirt cheap annual KVM in DE, +1 from me :)

Glad you like it :-)
    We are currently working on our own panel, developed inhouse, just give us some more weeks to finish it.
    We are aware that the Disk I/O might not be top notch on some nodes and have taken steps to improve it on all new hypervisors we deploy.

@trvz said:
    Do you own the hardware or are you renting it from your supplier?

We own the hardware but the network is from our supplier. We are currently working and planning out our own network, but that's some more months away.

• cannot buy and sign up.

• Want to try, but should we worry about VirtKick thing in the future?

edited December 2016

@edwardfr said:
    cannot buy and sign up.

What's the error?

@rokok said:
    Want to try, but should we worry about VirtKick thing in the future?

To be honest with you and completely transparent: We do not know as well what happens to them, but even if they go completely dark... in the end the VMs are still hosted on our servers, so nothing is lost. We are currently working on our own control panel because of that reason, but it will take some more weeks to finish. I would guess that we are switching to our own solution in early January.

• yorkchouyorkchou Member
    edited December 2016

I do like your VM.
    super fast deployment speed.
    super fast ticket responding.
    great offer!

• I signed up for the 12/yr host, it didn't close/forward me after payment; I hit reload and ended up with the 5/mo host. Sent message; will update on support speed.

• ...and resolved in under 5 minutes.. for a cheap host. Wowsers!

• @nik I send a message, PLZ check inbox

• @nik said:

@edwardfr said:
    cannot buy and sign up.

What's the error?

@rokok said:
    Want to try, but should we worry about VirtKick thing in the future?

To be honest with you and completely transparent: We do not know as well what happens to them, but even if they go completely dark... in the end the VMs are still hosted on our servers, so nothing is lost. We are currently working on our own control panel because of that reason, but it will take some more weeks to finish. I would guess that we are switching to our own solution in early January..

It's OK now.

Bench result

[root@Nodion-GER ~]# wget -qO- bench.sh | bash
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CPU model            : Intel Xeon E312xx (Sandy Bridge)
    Number of cores      : 2
    CPU frequency        : 3499.998 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 15.0 GB (0.8 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 490 MB (167 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 0 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 0 days, 0 hour 4 min
    Load average         : 0.30, 0.07, 0.02
    OS                   : CentOS 6.7
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 2.6.32-573.22.1.el6.x86_64
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 162 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 75.7 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 73.6 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 103.8 MB/s
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         74.8MB/s      
    Linode, Tokyo, JP               106.187.96.148          4.46MB/s      
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            3.30MB/s      
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           60.5MB/s      
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           17.0MB/s      
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             7.81MB/s      
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           6.90MB/s      
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          6.72MB/s      
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            1.42MB/s      
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           6.29MB/s      
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          4.28MB/s      

• I have ordered your vps at the same price at Nov,but the vps only 1CPU Cores,256 MB RAM.The support answered me they can't upgrade my vps to new Special Plan :(

• b6688b6688 Member
    edited December 2016

@tomoto

Exactly the same answer from me too. I bought the 256MB VPS with 10 EUR / year but not entitle to upgrade to this plan which have 512MB RAM with 2 vCore. The usage of the VPS are less than 30 days. They should allow us to upgrade by paying some extra $$$.

Hi, sorry it's not possible to upgrade from one special to another. You can only upgrade to our regular plans, but they don't have the special price. 

• thats the risk you take when you buy specials.

Apart from the fact that our panel doesn't support upgrading special deals from a technical standpoint we also wouldn't allow it since it's a "special" deal. We only allow upgrades to regular plans. Hope you understand that :-)

• nice vps , i have order one

• tomletomle Member, LIR
    edited January 2017

Got one with Debian but can't load openvpn

root@fra1:/etc/openvpn# modprobe tun

modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'tun': Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

root@fra1:/etc/openvpn# dmesg | grep tun

[254513.840343] tun: Unknown symbol __sk_attach_filter (err 0)

[254513.840497] tun: Unknown symbol __sk_detach_filter (err 0)

Broken kernel maybe?

• there control panel will be upgrade this month