Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for an unmetered 1Gbps VPS with some sort of DDoS mitigation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for an unmetered 1Gbps VPS with some sort of DDoS mitigation

The VPS would be doing nothing but using nginx to forward uploads of up to 5GB in size to another server.

This is for a fairly popular file hosting service. I can get a decent box for holding the uploads - which is safely hidden behind a CDN, but I need a VPS that can be exposed to the public and can stay alive when a kid tries to hit it offline with a $3 booter.

Requirements:

• good uptime
  • IPs that aren't blacklisted
  • a 1Gbps connection
  • basic DDoS mitigation - yes, i know cloudflare exists, but their max upload size is limited to 100MB.
  • at least 10GB of space
  • Preferably KVM

RAM and CPU specs don't really matter.

Comments

• Will be a ideal specs :P All 1Gbps unmetered really not more than 100Mbps

• ovh

• Any way to know your budget?

• niknik Member, Host Rep

What's your budget? We offer Voxility Anti DDoS protection by default.

• BlazingFast.io

• online.net

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

Hey,

just have a look at our KVM offers: https://www.kms-hosting.com/rootserver - DDoS Protection and 10Gbit Shared Uplink is included for free.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Happy to help!

What's your budget?

• Kabeldamagement said: DDoS Protection and 10Gbit Shared Uplink is included for free.

Really 10Gbit? Can you provide a test? Fair Use traffic - How many Tb till capped?

• @jenkki said:

Kabeldamagement said: DDoS Protection and 10Gbit Shared Uplink is included for free.

Really 10Gbit? Can you provide a test? Fair Use traffic - How many Tb till capped?

From his product page:

Sollte ihr Trafficbedarf 2 TB pro Monat überschreiten, wird die Anbindung Ihres Rootservers auf 10 Mbit/s gedrosselt. Weiteren Traffic können Sie für 6€ je TB hinzubuchen.

Aka "2TB then 10mbit/s, additional traffic at 6 euro per TB"

• What's your budget ?

• teamacc said: 2TB then 10mbit/s, additional traffic at 6 euro per TB

Not match request..

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited December 2016

@jenkki said:

teamacc said: 2TB then 10mbit/s, additional traffic at 6 euro per TB

Not match request..

Request said nothing about unmetered traffic, just that it's a CDN node that needs anti-ddos.

Up until 2TB traffic you'll have the full (shared) 10gbit speed, after that it drops off to 10mbit (probably until the end of the month when the traffic resets)

I (have no boxes with this)/(do not work for any) provider, so dont take my word as true though.

• teamacc said: Request said nothing about unmetered traffic

Look at subject. Clearly says unmetered.

Thanked by 2jenkki Fusl
  • @William said:

teamacc said: Request said nothing about unmetered traffic

Look at subject. Clearly says unmetered.

My bad, read only the post itself

• @rivermigue said:
    Any way to know your budget?

@nik said:
    What's your budget? We offer Voxility Anti DDoS protection by default.

@Clouvider said:
    Happy to help!

What's your budget?

@rectified said:
    What's your budget ?

I'm looking for something up to $15 a month.

@Arttu_Rantanen said:
    BlazingFast.io

blazingfast is seen as a crime host by a few anti-malware companies last i checked. won't do.

@ewrek said:
    online.net

afaik online.net doesn't offer anything like i asked; but i'll likely be using one of their dedis for something else.

@Kabeldamagement said:
    Hey,

just have a look at our KVM offers: https://www.kms-hosting.com/rootserver - DDoS Protection and 10Gbit Shared Uplink is included for free.

Looks pretty good; how saturated is that 10Gbit uplink? Also, the 2TB cap is a little concerning. I doubt I'd reach it though.

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited December 2016

Why not load up on 5x the cheapest OVH vps? 500mbit unmetered, and given that it will be a CDN, load balancing should not be a problem most likely.

Also free ddos protection, and if one of your boxes goes down due to a ddos anyway, you got 4 more.

Or wait for @francisco to finally deploy those delicious slices in LUX.

@Kabeldamagement said:
    Hey,

Looks pretty good; how saturated is that 10Gbit uplink? Also, the 2TB cap is a little concerning. I doubt I'd reach it though.

Most nodes are not doing more than 100Mbit/s of their 10Gbit Uplink - so mostly the whole bandwith is available ;-)

• Kabeldamagement said: Most nodes are not doing more than 100Mbit/s of their 10Gbit Uplink

This ^^

Russian providers offers 1Gbps uplink, but user never get more than 100Mbps.

• I can offer you the following KVM located in Canada with OVH and 250mbps shared port:

1 Core @ 3.4 Ghz
    256 MB RAM
    10 GB HDD
    2TB BW/m
    1IPv4
    $5.95/m

1 Core @ 3.4 Ghz
    1024 MB RAM
    30 GB HDD
    3TB BW/m
    1IPv4
    $7.00/m

2 Cores @ 3.4 Ghz
    2 GB RAM
    50 GB HDD
    4TB BW/m
    1IPv4
    $14.95/m

Let me know if any of them work for you.

• rivermigue said: I can offer you the following KVM located in Canada with OVH and 250mbps shared port:

256Mb for $6? lol Why not order directly from OVH for much less? OVH cannot handle 250Mbps as well.

• jenkki said: OVH cannot handle 250Mbps as well.

You get this idea from where? I do far more than that on one of the cheap 4x2TB boxes.... and not peering either....

Clickbait said: I'm looking for something up to $15 a month.

Why did i expect that you come with something absolutely unrealistic like this...

• I've decided to stick with my current setup of a trabia dedi; will use it for both the frontend and backend of this project.

Thanks for the help everyone, I'll keep a couple of the suggestions in mind for future projects.

@jenkki said:

Kabeldamagement said: Most nodes are not doing more than 100Mbit/s of their 10Gbit Uplink

This ^^

Russian providers offers 1Gbps uplink, but user never get more than 100Mbps.

The difference is, that we have enough capacities in order to provide 10G bandwith with every kvm node. Also we are a German based company - thats a little difference to shady warez hosts, somewhere in Russia... ;-)

• It's 10 G max and thats only if the connection is devoid of any other traffic and its fair use so 10G divided by the number of users at any point in time.

• @OhMyMy said:
    It's 10 G max and thats only if the connection is devoid of any other traffic and its fair use so 10G divided by the number of users at any point in time.

He already pointed out that his connection is being used around 100mbit on average, leaving 9.9gbit/s average for someone to burst through. That's not enough for you?

At 9.9gbit/s you'd burn through that 2TB limit in just under 30 minutes.

• Kabeldamagement said: shady warez hosts, somewhere in Russia...

Shady? :) lol, shady and non shady warez.. how about GEMA?

• Just letting everyone know that I found what I was looking for.

Trentahost's cheapest VPS is perfect: https://trentahost.com/ddos-protected-vps/

$20, but down to $15 (permanently) with the coupon 25OFF.

• @Clickbait said:
    Just letting everyone know that I found what I was looking for.

Trentahost's cheapest VPS is perfect: https://trentahost.com/ddos-protected-vps/

$20, but down to $15 (permanently) with the coupon 25OFF.

How did that 15/month thing get preferred over buyvm's slices and other cheaper choices?

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @Clickbait
    Can it be OpenVZ? or KVM still preferred?