Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK VPS with /24
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK VPS with /24

samatarhsamatarh Member
edited December 2016 in Requests

hello,

Im looking for a low end vps with 256 mb ram, 1gbps uplink, ipv4 /24 and it needs to be located in the uk. The server will be used to make my own private proxies to access websites like http://www.supremenewyork.com/. The vps will not be used for spam or emailing so i do not mind if emailing ports are blocked . My budget for this is around £50-60 a month.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

is that your budget excluding IP's? I ask as you will pay at least that for the IP's alone.

• samatarhsamatarh Member
    edited December 2016

@AnthonySmith said:
    is that your budget excluding IP's? I ask as you will pay at least that for the IP's alone.

My budget is flexible and im sure a vps with 256mb of ram wont be too expensive

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

samatarh said: vps with 256mb

Sorry I read it as you wanting a dedicated server, justifying a monthly lease of a /24 for a 256mb VPS is just insane, not going to happen sorry.

Thanked by 1Zen
  • As others have said - theres no justification in giving a /24 with such a low end vps.

• @northhosts said:
    As others have said - theres no justification in giving a /24 with such a low end vps.

so i would have to get a dedicated server to get a /24?

• @Zen said:
    In my experience the price per IP will go up when you're simply renting it alongside a VPS month-month, versus renting a /24 directly from a LIR with a multi-year contract.

could you recommend any LIR?

• The provider is still going to be asking what you are doing with that amount of ip addresses. If you can manage with a smaller allocation and build trust your going to have more success. Those kind of requests usually come from customers wanting full rack space not a micro vps.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • check with @Infinity

maybe he can do something for you

• Instead of bot for concert tickets they are botting clothes sales from places like the Ops or nike etc

• @OhMyMy said:
    Instead of bot for concert tickets they are botting clothes sales from places like the Ops or nike etc

Expect Ticketmaster bans entire ip blocks

• @samatarh the clothing stores will soon do the same.

• @ohMyMy i doubt it. it would be against their interests

• @samatarh if their objective is to get their goods in the hands of their true fans and not middle men so the markup goes to intermediaries - then its in their best interested to get the middleman out of the market and deal with customer directly. If there are so many bots consuming demand - customers will feel system is rigged and that manufacturer/store is making money of intermediaries when they are not. Hence, the bots will be blocked in the future once it reaches critical mass.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@OhMyMy said:
    @samatarh the clothing stores will soon do the same.

They already do.

• @ohMyMy Do you really think adidas and nike cant mass produce their goods? they make limited quantities to build hype and hype sells their products. If they wanted to cut out the middle man they would mass produce but they rarely do.

• @samatarh they want they hype in the users hands not middlemen with obscene mark ups. They dont want you to be the supply choke point. They want to be the choke point to artificially manipulate release dates, sales price, target philanthropy (like nike did), etc and not line the pockets of middlemen with bots.

• @OhMyMy in my opinion these companies don't care because their products are going to sell out. if they wanted to do something about it they would have because bots have been out for several years.

• thats like saying netflix doesnt care about proxies (until they did) or the ticket providers dont care (until they did). They do care if they cant manage the hype- so undoubtedly more bots for clothing will be shut down too, its just logical. They dont want your money- they want money from a passionate consumer and give them something special and limited in return so that customer can be a free hype tool going forward.

• Seems to be complex setups. We have a customer announcing 3x/23 IP blocks in one location for VPN's for this purpose.

Seems the setup goes : Windows VPS with bot software, configured to a VPN you buy elsewhere.

Not sure where this has all of a sudden come from, I'd never heard of it and now we see near daily requests from people looking to do the same thing...

• Netflix was pressured by content creators and Ticketmaster own www.getmein.com and they make commission off each ticket sale lol. with or without bots people are still going to resale. anyway im not here to debate/argue

• @samatarh said:
    Netflix was pressured by content creators and Ticketmaster own www.getmein.com and they make commission off each ticket sale lol. with or without bots people are still going to resale. anyway im not here to debate/argue

Further to that, surely you don't need just any UK location, but one actually in the right location? That's what these sneaker people seem to be looking for. Location location location.

• samatarhsamatarh Member
    edited December 2016

@VortexMagnus ideally i would have several proxy servers in several different areas to get the best ping but thats not viable at the moment. so i would have to get a one server that has a decent ping to several sites.