Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN/VPS in China
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN/VPS in China

Looking for a way to stream videos from China looking for a solid vpn or vps with good connectivity to North America. Would it be better to singup with a vpn service or buy a vps and setup my own? Rarely see offers for China vps.

Comments

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

Aliyun or Qcloud should do, you might find someone here to pay CNY for you.

Since you mentioned good connectivity to North America, you would need the VPS to be on a premium CN2 route, not easy but worth researching.

• Chinese VPS generally have very limited bandwidth in the LE range (so you are talking about 5mbit or 1mbit port) + GFW in China so I don't think VPN sounds like a viable solution if you want to watch videos

Smart DNS forwarder might be what you are looking for, unblock youku, when it works, does exactly that

If you insists on a China VPS I think starryDNS might have made an offer before, there is also Aliyun if you can read Chinese

• Get China Mobile
    or
    China Telecom CN2, which costs $15/Mbit (should be shared)

• tamicrealo said: $15/Mbit (should be shared)

You bet it is :)

Mobile possibly not as they extensive peer by now - if your target sites have good route to them (like Alibaba sites or Weibo) a VPS should work fine to NA.

Not sure if one of the Aliyun locations has CM though, check if you want:

https://mtr.sh (All labeled "Alibaba")

• We will have some 100 Mbps CM VPS next month.

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

catding said: We will have some 100 Mbps CM VPS next month.

Sounds cool, good luck with the business.

• Why is the connection speed so low in China?

• Get yourself a good VPS in South Korea. Problem solved

• @catding said:
    We will have some 100 Mbps CM VPS next month.

what is your price point at let me know.

@wwwho said:
    Get yourself a good VPS in South Korea. Problem solved

south korea can stream china video sites?

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

South korea can stream china video sites?

Speed should be decent but I think the video sites will be locked to IPs originating from China only.

• would msg you when our equipments arrived.

@akz said:

@catding said:
    We will have some 100 Mbps CM VPS next month.

what is your price point at let me know.

@wwwho said:
    Get yourself a good VPS in South Korea. Problem solved

south korea can stream china video sites?

• SkyDwellerSkyDweller Member
    edited January 2017

Chinese Internet have got very limited bandwidth to outside recent years after improving the family cable bandwidth. 2 solutions:

1. Choose another ISP, like China Mobile. Their user base is much smaller than China Telecom, thus its export bandwidth is relatively reasonable.
    2. Buy a CN2 relay service, route your traffic through it to foreign VPS. Not expensive, most of them cost $2 per 20GB.
  • godtorgodtor Member, Host Rep

Hello, you can get a free vpn from us (we also have a singapore location), check my signature, register to the site and check the Account -> VPN Server List, you can test the speed for each server with your ISP from the page. If you encounter any problems just PM me :)

• Chineses vps is easy for me to get.And server ranges from Shanghai, Hangzhou,and other places,the price is within $10

• We have several VPS with China Mobile on 1Gbps port, which has good connection to south east asia and America. contact me if you still interest.