Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi / Windows
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi / Windows

fLoofLoo Member
edited December 2016 in Tutorials

Hey,

Kimsufi + Windows via DD-Image out of a VM is fine but anyone got Windows working on a i5-2400 Kimsufi Machine?

I think my problem is

00:19.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82579V Gigabit Network Connection [8086:1503] (rev 05)

Regards <3

Comments

• Windows 10 works fine but Server Editions (including server 2016) doesn't work on my i5-2400

• @roshan91 said:
    Windows 10 works fine but Server Editions (including server 2016) doesn't work on my i5-2400

Out of the Box? May you please post your unattended.xml? (Remember to remove the password).

Thanks!

• @fLoo said:

@roshan91 said:
    Windows 10 works fine but Server Editions (including server 2016) doesn't work on my i5-2400

Out of the Box? May you please post your unattended.xml? (Remember to remove the password).

Thanks!

I built the windows template by myself, used the untouched ISO from Microsoft.

• fLoofLoo Member
    edited December 2016

@roshan91 said:

Just to clarify that. You build the machine and without sysprep you copied it ?

• @fLoo said:

@roshan91 said:

Correct, following the tutorial by Joodle on his blog

• @roshan91 said:

Correct, following the tutorial by Joodle on his blog

Appreciated. Gonna test this.

• @roshan91 said:

Regarding this there is a patch working (atleast i got it working). You have to edit the .inf file for the driver :

e1c65x64.inf

https://www.dropbox.com/s/447hl908ndxre2v/e1c65x64.inf.new?dl=0

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • 82579V on my i3.

Have to inject that driver using their rescue system and booting the /dev/sda from kvm qemu.

No, I tried Windows 2016 and it did NOT work. Only desktop version (Windows 10) works with that (unsigned) driver.

• I have my own templates, and they are working on Kimsufi i5-2400 and all other versions. I have Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 working and running as we speak.

• Windows Server 2016 is currently running on my Kimsufi with an i3 something CPU. So it's deffo working.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Using rescue, boot windows with qemu and inject the driver. You need to allow non-signed driver at startup to inject it.