Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

INCREDIBLE OFFERS AREN'T OVER YET • 6GB $21/yr - 2GB KVM $39.99/yr • LIMITED STOCK - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

INCREDIBLE OFFERS AREN'T OVER YET • 6GB $21/yr - 2GB KVM $39.99/yr • LIMITED STOCK

Comments

• Can i buy extra SSD space?

• @Starayo said:
    I'm tempted by the 6GB offer but I can't find any sort of acceptable use policy on your site. Do you restrict any particular services or content (besides illegal content) on your servers? What about adult content?

You can check out our ToS at http://tragicservers.com/tos.php. Generally speaking, nothing abusive or illegal and it's usually okay.

• @sonic said:
    Can i buy extra SSD space?

The plan is as-is.

• Starayo said: What about adult content?

Their TOS doesn't have anything against legal adult content so I would assume it's okay :)

• What is the "CPU Policy Limit" for OVZ-SSD-6144-SPECIAL? Thanks.

• Anyone have any benchmarks available of the 1GB KVM offering?

• @risturiz said:
    What is the "CPU Policy Limit" for OVZ-SSD-6144-SPECIAL? Thanks.

Around a 1.0-2.0 load. If you get shutdown by our monitor, just ticket in and we'll whitelist you (assuming it's non abusive usage).

Roilan

• tragictragic Member
    edited December 2016

@sin said:
    Anyone have any benchmarks available of the 1GB KVM offering?

Do you have a specific benchmark you want ran? I can spin up a VM and run it for you.

Roilan

• tragic said: Do you have a specific benchmark you want ran? I can spin up a VM and run it for you.

I was mostly curious to see if the disk performance was decent on the kvm offerings :-).

• @sin said:

tragic said: Do you have a specific benchmark you want ran? I can spin up a VM and run it for you.

I was mostly curious to see if the disk performance was decent on the kvm offerings :-).

Quick dd test if this helps you.

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 3.26746 s, 329 MB/s

Roilan

Thanked by 1sin
  • @redjersey said:
    signed up the $21/yr deal a few days ago, here is the benchmark result:
    https://serverscope.io/trials/AnB1#system

(signed up the chicago location but ip shows it's in LA)

price is good, vps so far so good the only issue is the ssh reboot issue (vps won't reboot via ssh) which Roilan is looking into this.

All fixed now :)

Roilan

• @tragic said:

@thekreek said:
    @tragic is it possible for the OVZ-SSD-6144-SPECIAL to increase the HD space, I'm looking for VPS for moodle. If so, how much would it cost?

The plan is as-is. It's so we have enough for everyone since it's limited stock.

Roilan

Hmm.... What about 12GB RAM 50GB SSD for 42/yr? Don't need the 2nd ipv4... Would that be possible?

• @wwabbit said:

@tragic said:

@thekreek said:
    @tragic is it possible for the OVZ-SSD-6144-SPECIAL to increase the HD space, I'm looking for VPS for moodle. If so, how much would it cost?

The plan is as-is. It's so we have enough for everyone since it's limited stock.

Roilan

Hmm.... What about 12GB RAM 50GB SSD for 42/yr? Don't need the 2nd ipv4... Would that be possible?

No, we can't. The plan is limited stock and combining them would cause someone else to miss out. We would also need to do it for everyone that requests if we did it for you.

Roilan

• bought the 6GB ovz on Cybermonday, really liking it so far.

• @JoeMerit said:
    bought the 6GB ovz on Cybermonday, really liking it so far.

Glad to hear :)

Roilan

• Bobby_TBobby_T Member
    edited December 2016

@tragic is traffic from vps to vps in the same data center metered?

• @JoeMerit said:

Was that the same offer? Totally missed it, where was it posted?

• Will i be restricted with maximum 0.8 core as what people complainted here? if no, what are the important hidden restriction that your client should take note of? Thanks

• sorry, not seeing an edit button, and forgot to put the link http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/web-hosting-reviews/39962-tragicservers-strange.html

• @Bobby_T said:
    @tragic is traffic from vps to vps in the same data center metered?

Yes, we'll be looking into internal network since it's not ideal at the moment.

Roilan

• @TheOnlyDK said:

@JoeMerit said:

It's pretty hidden in one of the threads.

Roilan

• @MultiStars said:
    Will i be restricted with maximum 0.8 core as what people complainted here? if no, what are the important hidden restriction that your client should take note of? Thanks

It's mainly in place for abusers that sneak into the node. If you have a non-abusive use case we're always happy to whitelist customers and our monitor should ignore your VPS.

Roilan

• So for example i order the 4CPU, i can practically use all of them right? My VPS will most of the time about 0.2-0.5, but maybe some peak hours can goes up to 1-3 cores for 1-2 hours, is it acceptable?

• @tragic said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@JoeMerit said:

It's pretty hidden in one of the threads.

Roilan

Found it :)

Thanked by 1tragic
  • @MultiStars said:
    So for example i order the 4CPU, i can practically use all of them right? My VPS will most of the time about 0.2-0.5, but maybe some peak hours can goes up to 1-3 cores for 1-2 hours, is it acceptable?

That should be fine just keep in mind CPU is fair share. If you run into any issues with our monitoring, just open a ticket.

Roilan

• @tragic Take a look at this request thread and make a 'Bitcoin wallet special KVM' yearly package maybe?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/99213/vps-with-at-least-200gb-disk-space#latest

None of the resources allocated will go to waste, for such a plan.

I'm surprised more hosts aren't creating custom packages for this vps spec.

(or maybe bitcoin wallets are preferred to be held on a dedi for the paranoid. )

• @vimalware

We don't accept Bitcoin.

Roilan

• 6GB plan out stock

• Added a few more 6GB plans. Grab em while they're out :)

Roilan

• you guys allow irc on VPS?