Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH + Windows OS - Seeking Urgent Help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH + Windows OS - Seeking Urgent Help

Hello experts,

I got a MS-256-S from OVH and wanted to install Windows 8.1 but i tried both professional and Enterprise version. In both of them i am getting 100% disk usage though it's a fresh system, i searched google and turned of few services but that didn't help.

My intention is to get a Windows OS which will allow multiple (3/4 or more) RDP sessions at the same time, now as i did it in windows 8.1 multiple times so i was trying to install windows 8.1. But any Windows OS is fine for me as far as i have multiple RDP sessions at the same time.

The Supermicro Board model is X10DRH may be. Please suggest me what can i in this situation, which version of windows is fine for me ?

if anyone can do this or can teach me maybe i able to offer him/her one/few cup of coffee ;)

Thanks.

Comments

• Welcome to LowEndSupport,

We are pleased you decided to ask us the question instead of asking OVH, your service provider, the reasonable thing to do. Please let me search our Google Knowledgebase, to assist you to the best of our non-employed beliefs.

OK, I found one reasonable question.

sigh Did you partition it properly?

Thanks,

Have a nice day.

LowEndSupport

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • GCat said: sigh Did you partition it properly?

During Windows 8.1 installation using IPMI it didn't allowed me to create partion but just select a whole disk within 2 disk. :(

• @StevenGeorge said:

GCat said: sigh Did you partition it properly?

During Windows 8.1 installation using IPMI it didn't allowed me to create partion but just select a whole disk within 2 disk. :(

Console -> gparted -> profit

• @GCat said:

@StevenGeorge said:

Where is the console in windows installation ? :O

• @StevenGeorge said:

@GCat said:

@StevenGeorge said:

Where is the console in windows installation ? :O

IPMI console --

• yghostyghost Member, Host Rep

If you use your OVH panel (instead of your IPMI) you can reload and install Windows OS without any issue

3 years ago I was using OVH and install their WINDOWS OS and I run free 180 days multiple login RDP accounts without issue

• yghostyghost Member, Host Rep

I forgot, you need any Good WINDOWS SERIAL (which you can got it from Google) and add it as a serial in the box so the Windows Profile ShowedUP

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

You also need Terminal license for multiple RDP session.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@DewlanceVPS said:
    You also need Terminal license for multiple RDP session.

Sal

• maybe use diskpart from command line or run then use help :)