Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server HK
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server HK

vpsfastvpsfast Member
edited December 2016 in Requests

I need a dedicated server in Hong Kong for 1Gbps uplink, the other specs may be the minimum.

Comments

• @randvegeta

The ultimate question is: Chinese direct bandwidth?

• vpsfastvpsfast Member
    edited December 2016

@busbr said:
    @randvegeta

The ultimate question is: Chinese direct bandwidth?

yes.

• What's your budget and bandwidth needed? That can be very expensive for just 1 Gbps uplink with CN2

• $5000+ probably for 1Gbps china direct. Maybe this even will be lowest.

• HK-CN direct G port would be something around $150,000 per month, are you ready for this shit?

Thanked by 1vpsfast
  • @tamicrealo said:
    HK-CN direct G port would be something around $150,000 per month, are you ready for this shit?

Yes, it looks good.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Are you looking for proper China Telecom or just access to routes with China Telecom?

Indeed 1Gbit at CT would be more than US$100k /month. Large ISPs may be able to offer much lower prices (maybe $20k?).

Presumably you don't actually need 1G of dedicated bandwidth and you just want 1G burst traffic with a good amount of data transfer? So the real question is, how much data transfer do you need?

• @randvegeta said:
    Are you looking for proper China Telecom or just access to routes with China Telecom?

Indeed 1Gbit at CT would be more than US$100k /month. Large ISPs may be able to offer much lower prices (maybe $20k?).

Presumably you don't actually need 1G of dedicated bandwidth and you just want 1G burst traffic with a good amount of data transfer? So the real question is, how much data transfer do you need?

Is 1gbps port speed and Direct connection China Telecom.

Yes but are you looking for dedicated bandwidth? I not, what is your expected data transfer?

• jenokjenok Member, Host Rep

vpsfast said: yes.

What about 10mbps or 20mbps guaranteed Taiwan Dedicated Server ?

• vpsfastvpsfast Member
    edited December 2016

jenok said: What about 10mbps or 20mbps guaranteed Taiwan Dedicated Server ?

Hong Kong.

• You want 1Gbps port speed and Direct connection with China Telecom. Now the question remains: How much bandwidth do you need, or are you looking for unmetered plan?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited December 2016

vpsfast said: 1Gbps uplink

vpsfast said: Hong Kong

Do you have a budget between 50000 and 250000 $? And that's USD; not HKD. Because this will cost you 50k-250k$ per month.

For a Gbit CNT will not even look at you and send you to a reseller, you can talk with the big guys on a few 10G ports and few G commit for half a million/month or similar, like PCCW.

• @William said:

vpsfast said: 1Gbps uplink

vpsfast said: Hong Kong

Do you have a budget between 50000 and 250000 $? And that's USD; not HKD. Because this will cost you 50k-250k$ per month.

For a Gbit CNT will not even look at you and send you to a reseller, you can talk with the big guys on a few 10G ports and few G commit for half a million/month or similar, like PCCW.

As I mentioned in my question, the main requirement is the 1gbps port speed, the rest of the settings is the minimum. Of course nobody will charge me 50000 and 250000 only for 1gbps port, and the other specs are basic, the least possible on a dedicated server.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited December 2016

vpsfast said: Of course nobody will charge me 50000 and 250000 only for 1gbps port

Yes they will, if you mean full unmetered 1 Gbps.

Or if not, you still did not answer how much bandwidth do you need.

• @rm_ said:

Yes they will, if you mean full unmetered 1 Gbps.

Or if not, you still did not answer how much bandwidth do you need.

I did not say I want unmetered, I said minimal. What is meant by least? The least possible, 3TB, 5TB, 10TB. Each provider has not only unmetered has some minimum.

• So, lets say a somewhat low 100k for a 1gbit port. This would give you 333TB transfer (outbound only). Dividing this by 100 would give your 3TB transfer for 1k, or 300 usd per TB.

Chinese data is expensive.

• 你应该这样说,CN2直连,G口(最低10M保证),预期流量2TB,机器E3,预算300美刀,请大家介绍有没有。

我的回答是,没有。

You should post like this, 1 Gbps uplink with CN2 in HK (10mbps guaranteed), 2TB bandwidth, E3 level server, budget USD 300 per month. Any advise?
    My answer is NONE.

Thanked by 3DXD busbr chrisp
  • your answer is very subjective. in order to give you proper advise, why dont you just let us know the budget. 3TB outgoing and 3TB incoming traffic is around 10mbps, the cost price to CT bandiwdth is already USD1200. if you burst more than 100mbps for 36 hours, provider need to pay for 100mbps.

• vpsfast said: As I mentioned in my question, the main requirement is the 1gbps port speed, the rest of the settings is the minimum. Of course nobody will charge me 50000 and 250000 only for 1gbps port

haha, you think the Chinese give you burst? Sweet dreams i guess :')

This is not Europe, CN2 burst ratio is near ZERO - you do NOT get a Gbit port with 100Mbit commit at all usually and no 10G port under 5G+, and no guarantees at all unless you do major sales.

Thanked by 1randvegeta

It always amazes me how people think they can get such ridiculous deals in HK/Asia.

Like asking for a brand new Aston or Ferrari but expecting it for $10k because you can get a bus ticket for $1.

Thanked by 1chrisp
  • Yea, not even calculating in that he could - with a 1Gbit port on 95% billing - cost the ISP up to 250k USD in a single month if hacked or abusing it with no intention to pay...

• qibinghuaqibinghua Member
    edited December 2016

@vpsfast said:
    I need a dedicated server in Hong Kong for 1Gbps uplink, the other specs may be the minimum.

I know a CT Hong Kong sales. The direct route include special return route and internet return route. they have different price

• @qibinghua said:

@vpsfast said:

I know a CT Hong Kong sales. The direct route include special return route and internet return route. they have different price

They have only china route and non china route. Basically if you sign up none china route, your traffic wont reach to China. But you can get mix, depend on the percentage of China route.

CT's Non-China route is pretty reasonable price I guess, and they claim to include some DDoS protection (3Gbit or 10Gbit? Can't remember). But completely pointless for China traffic since it doesnt include China route!

• randvegeta said: CT's Non-China route is pretty reasonable price I guess

Yes, for SOME Asian destinations it is also rather ok (AU weirdly as example) but i would never rely on it; can't even rely on the DC BW so why would i trust normal...

• Los Angeles KVM How to buy? Please provide a URL

• @fancams said:
    Los Angeles KVM How to buy? Please provide a URL

Hello, starting from 2.50/mo with 50% Off Lifetime www.vpsfast.us/los-angeles-vps

• Hello, please provide 50% discount code.