Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[X4B] BGP Launch: 35% Off • From $6.50/month • 6 Locations • Remote DDoS Protection • Up to 1.5Tbps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[X4B] BGP Launch: 35% Off • From $6.50/month • 6 Locations • Remote DDoS Protection • Up to 1.5Tbps

SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
edited December 2016 in Offers

X4B is an Australian Registered Company (ABN: 56829648376).

Our aim is to provide high quality services with unique features without a high price tag.

A 5-day trial is available for many locations (Terms and Conditions do apply).

We offer our services in Chicago, New Jersey, Las Vegas, Los Angeles (China Optimised), Netherlands and Luxembourg.

To celebrate the release of BGP backend support, use the coupon code BGPISNEATISNTIT20 for 35% off any public plan on our website. Promo expires 23rd of December 2016. Coupon one per customer, but feel free to contact me via PM if you wish to use it again.

Internal BGP sessions are free sessions for anyone who wants them and can be configured through the dashboard! Use this to integrate into your network or provide failover/redundancy into your network.

Features

• Always On Multi-Layer Mitigation solution, filtering down to the last byte.
  • GRE/IP-in-IP/IPSec and Reverse Proxy support (full support provided for Linux and Windows)
  • HTTP(s) Load Balancing & Backup Servers
  • Optimised HTTPS & HTTP/2.0 support
  • Extensive Network Monitoring and 24/7 Incident Response.
  • Optimised TCP stack for minimum latency
  • Mature Platform backed by 5 Years of Industry Experience
  • In-house developed comprehensive Layer 7 Mitigation
  • Customisable HTTP(s) Resource Caching
  • Live Attack Reporting & Weekly Reports
  • Free Internal BGP Sessions (over GRE)
  • IP Announcement Available in certain locations - Contact Us.

Purchasing

Purchase URL: https://www.x4b.net/protection/new

Coupon Code: BGPISNEATISNTIT20

Coupon Discount: 35% off any public plan

Coupon Expires: 23rd of December 2016

Questions?

Please feel free to ask any sales related questions through this thread, by emailing [email protected] or by opening a sales ticket. If you require any account or service specific support please open a support ticket.

Support: https://www.x4b.net/support

Not sure how to use BGP? Check out our Knowledgebase, we have a tutorial for setup with Bird.

P.S For those with multihomed services there is some more extra cool BGP features and a new product line coming soon. Keep an ear out :)

Comments

• i don't get it, can i use that now with my AS and prefixes as protected upstream?

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@William, specifically at the moment we are offering BGP over our backend GRE sessions. That is our 10.17.x.x/30 networks we allocate you. The BGP session controls who we would route the filtered traffic too, it does not allow for public prefix announcement at this time. This is what we are referring to a Internal [Network] BGP, not to be confused with iBGP (although we could use that, eBGP is just more practical for the purpose).

We can also do announcement, or even a filtered BGP session for your announcement. The IPs will be put into a pool for usage in services ordered by you. Deals like that however are separate to this offering and are largely negotiated privately. We hope to have a more generic offer in that area (network protection) in 2017, however not at this time.

If this is something you need, feel free to PM me. Always happy to work things out and solve people problems.

• Offer not in offers category: check

Offer not containing any prices: check (except in title)

Offer not containing any specs: check

By the way, did you get permission for such a non-vps offer from one of the admins before posting?

From what I can see according to the rules (https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/91406/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk/p1) this post is not violating any rules. If you feel it is, report it.

@teamacc said:
    Offer not in offers category: check

I did post it incorrectly, but fixed it approximately a minute after it was posted, that was an honest mistake that I doubt anyone noticed. It's been set correctly for hours, and seems to be fine on my computer. Just to be sure (perhaps its cached somewhere?) I quickly toggled it between categories again.

Offer not containing any prices: check (except in title)

>

Not a rule as far as I can see.

Offer not containing any specs: check

The rules state to be informative, not specifically to include any piece of information. I've tried to make this pretty informative, the only thing I feel its missing is some pictures.... next time.

The best specifications I can think to provide are the features. Its the best description of the service and a large part of what sets us apart from the competition. I believe in this the basic specifications have been provided and hence the purpose of the rules, to prevent vauge and low quality posts has been met.

This offer applies on all publicly listed plans, this is not specific offer with any special specifications / features that need enumerating in my opinion. Of course, any admin/mod who disagrees is welcome to suggest such, and I will adjust.

By the way, did you get permission for such a non-vps offer from one of the admins before posting?

Not that its any of your business, but yes.

[17-06-2016 4:04:13 AM] ***: well, i'm LET admin, and the $7/month rule does apply
    [17-06-2016 4:04:19 AM] ***: so unless you're willing to sell at $7/month
    [17-06-2016 4:04:22 AM] ***: it can be done
    [17-06-2016 4:04:28 AM] ***: with low clean bandwidth
    [17-06-2016 4:04:30 AM] ***: say 25GB
    [17-06-2016 4:05:24 AM] ***: non VPS products can be listed on a case by case basis
    [17-06-2016 4:05:27 AM] ***: no more than 1 per month
    [17-06-2016 4:05:37 AM] ***: as long as the $7/month rule is not exceeded

As far as I know this post is within the rules. If you still believe this is a violation of the rules, report the thread.

• As far as I'm aware, the prices+specs thing is an (maybe unofficial) rule to prevent providers from providing a 10% off coupon + link to their FULL list of offers, instead of listing the ones that pass the LET pricing check.

From the rules:

Please be informative in your offers. Please list out basic specifications (amount of memory, storage space, monthly data/bandwidth and port speed), virtualization method (Xen, OpenVZ, KVM, etc), data center location and a test IP would be ideal.

and

List the final price after any discounts/coupons. Just the discount percentage is not enough.

Should cover those 2 points well enough. Other 2 points (category + permission) are indeed fixed :)

edited December 2016

@teamacc Again, please report this post if you feel it is violating any rules. Then rather than your speculation, there then can be an authoritative opinion and any required adjustments made.

• Some cool deals, which would you recommend for someone who doesn't really get an attack often?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

We generally do ask that plans which fall within the price limit be listed with direct order links. The reason for this is that if you only link to a page that lists all packages, this is equivalent to listing packages that do not meet the price limit here. It has been abused in the past as a way to work around the rules to force LET members to view prices that didn't meet the requirements.

@sin said:
    Some cool deals, which would you recommend for someone who doesn't really get an attack often?

I would always recommend that you DDoS protect any potential target. The time (and possibly money if applicable) lost when an attack comes in on an unprotected target can have quite a negative effect.

Also all those neat features, particularly those in the HA area that we offer are useful at all times :)

@jarland said:
    We generally do ask that plans which fall within the price limit be listed with direct order links. The reason for this is that if you only link to a page that lists all packages, this is equivalent to listing packages that do not meet the price limit here. It has been abused in the past as a way to work around the rules to force LET members to view prices that didn't meet the requirements.

If you have suggestions let me know, we only have our pricing page, and order page. Both of which list all available plans. The purchase plan does however default to the lowest priced plan, which does fall under the $7 limit.... although thats more of a fluke of Database ordering than anything.

Thanked by 1sin
  • @SplitIce said:

The purchase plan does however default to the lowest priced plan

It doesn't, and the discount code doesn't appear to work

edited December 2016

@alaningus could you please explain your problem in more detail?

Ensure:

a) That the coupon code is entered correctly, I recommend copy + paste.

b) That you are using the coupon for the first time.

I just did a test and could not replicate any issue:

• Does traffic during non-attack times count against quota?

Clean Bandwidth is the Clean transfer (not attack traffic) incurred at any time.

• alaningusalaningus Member
    edited December 2016

@SplitIce said:

Maybe it's just me, but...

Defaulting to Large Plan

Not actioning the discount code:

EDIT It's now defaulting to the 4TB Plan but the discount code seems to have been fixed

Sorry, I've made some changes to the purchase template. The default plan may have been changed. I'll see what I can do, I'm working on a category like plan restriction for future offers to hide other plans on LET offers to comply better with the rules.

The coupon works here, it will however not apply if you have already ordered a service with that coupon. Shoot me a PM with your username if you are still having issues.

@alaningus Also include your browser please, looking at the stock situation in your screenshot it looks like your page is cached since we added more stock for Vegas yesterday & NJ today. Perhaps there is some technical issue.

• @SplitIce said:

Nah, it's because I screengrabbed yesterday