Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MNX.io Black Friday Specials
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MNX.io Black Friday Specials

NickMNXioNickMNXio Member, Host Rep
edited November 2016 in Offers

MNX.io offers 100% SSD cloud servers.

We've updated our pricing for Black Friday.. 50% off our four most popular plans! for the life of the server!

Visit https://mnx.io/pricing for complete details

• 100% SSD & Multi-homed Tier 1 network providers (looking glass)
  • KVM based
  • Internal private network
  • Hourly billing
  • SmartOS, FreeBSD, and Linux

$5 $2.5/mo
1 CPU / 768 MB RAM,
25 GB SSD Disk,
1 TB Transfer

$10 $5/mo
1 CPU / 1 GB RAM,
40 GB SSD Disk,
1 TB Transfer

This is a fully custom developed frontend, powered by SmartOS (http://smartos.org). We own and operate our equipment, and the datacenter is located in the Mt. Prospect IL USA area.

Visit https://mnx.io/pricing for additional details.

Thanked by 3Crogic mehargags bersy

Comments

• PRICES IN THREAD OR EAT SHIT AND DIE

• fanfan Veteran

Is the pricing recurring? Also does it apply to future uprgades?

• NickMNXioNickMNXio Member, Host Rep

@fan said:
    Is the pricing recurring? Also does it apply to future uprgades?

The pricing is recurring for as long as you keep the server -- It will not apply toward future upgrades.

• Reviews - are these guys worth a position on the league table?

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited November 2016

@NickMNXio said:

$20 $10/mo
    2 CPU / 2 GB RAM,
    50 GB SSD Disk,
    2 TB Transfer

$40 $20/mo
    2 CPU / 4 GB RAM,
    100 GB SSD Disk,
    3 TB Transfer

Please read:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/91406/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk#latest

Thanked by 1NickMNXio
  • mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited November 2016

@NickMNXio - Care to explain when you say 50% off for the life of the server!

Also some location / DC details would be nice... CHI I guess ?

edited November 2016

@mehargags said:
    @NickMNXio - Care to explain when you say 50% off for the life of the server!

These prices will be going away after BF.. but if you spin up a server under these pricing terms, it will remain at these prices every month.

Also some location / DC details would be nice... CHI I guess ?

Yes, Mt Prospect IL USA (Chi region).

• CrogicCrogic Member
    edited November 2016

System Info ----------- Processor : QEMU Virtual CPU version 0.14.1 CPU Cores : 1 Frequency : 2100.130 MHz Memory : 742 MB Swap : 1023 MB Uptime : 19 min, OS : Instance (CentOS Linux release 7.0.1406 2015010700 1420654857) Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit) Kernel : 3.10.0-123.13.2.el7.x86_64 Hostname : ******* Speedtest (IPv4 only) --------------------- Your public IPv4 is *********** Location Provider Speed CDN Cachefly 68.2MB/s Atlanta, GA, US Coloat 18.2MB/s Dallas, TX, US Softlayer 46.4MB/s Seattle, WA, US Softlayer 25.5MB/s San Jose, CA, US Softlayer 21.9MB/s Washington, DC, US Softlayer 11.3MB/s Tokyo, Japan Linode 7.98MB/s Singapore Softlayer 4.98MB/s Rotterdam, Netherlands id3.net 10.0MB/s Haarlem, Netherlands Leaseweb 21.7MB/s Disk Speed ---------- I/O (1st run) : 145 MB/s I/O (2nd run) : 402 MB/s I/O (3rd run) : 133 MB/s Average I/O : 226.667 MB/s

Thanked by 2mehargags NickMNXio
  • Signed up to take a spin.

My notes so far:

Cons

• Only Stripe, no PP. I understand why but still.
    • No snapshots? I was surprised, considering they use SmartOS which (to my knowledge) is supposed to make it really easy to get snapshots with that zfs.

Pros

• The 768MB VM came with 1GB of swap. From my experience with other hosts, that's generous for such a small VM and means that they're confident about their disks performance.
    • time yum update for 424 actions (including that awfully slow microcode update)-> real 4m10.110s, user 2m51.786s, sys 0m44.845s - pretty decent for the specs/price
    • Network + disk (not /dev/null): ~13MB/s from WSI, ~13.5MB/s from Hetzner & OVH, ~30MB/s from Linode Dallas, ~18MB/s from DO NYC1

Conclusion

If it had snapshots and with the BF pricing, it would definitely make sense for me to replace my usage of Wable (snapshots) and Scaleway (vfm).

• Argh, I stopped when I found that they do not have PayPal. Too bad.

Thanked by 1vimalware

Thanks for the feedback all. FYI Snapshots and PP are planned..

• Signed up because I figured I could play with Solaris again for $2.50/mo, and with full control of my reverse ptr, well- I'm hooked already.

Thanked by 1NickMNXio
  • I was sitting on the fence about getting a lower-to-second lower FreeBSD 10 box because I absolutely love the responsiveness of this, and the incredibly simple management, but it looks like they're back to normal prices. It's not even 9 pacific yet! Darn it!

Thanked by 1NickMNXio

@WSS said:
    I was sitting on the fence about getting a lower-to-second lower FreeBSD 10 box because I absolutely love the responsiveness of this, and the incredibly simple management, but it looks like they're back to normal prices. It's not even 9 pacific yet! Darn it!

Dollar cost average, and it's still a steal :)

Thanked by 1WSS
  • Thanks, Nick-

Well, I was thinking of FBSD mostly as a toy now that I've decided that I can live in the SmartOS container restrictions. Other than SMF sucking my soul dry- I.. I like this. It (mostly) does what I want it to! Of course, now I wish had grabbed a Beastie toy before making dinner!

Thanked by 1NickMNXio
  • Do you offer any whitelabeling? I've been touting your services to folks who have been around since ASN were 4 numbers, and wouldn't mind getting a cheaper fix for my own needs. :D

• NickMNXio said: Dollar cost average, and it's still a steal :)

Is IPv6 available?

• @sin said:
    NickMNXio said: Dollar cost average, and it's still a steal :)

Is IPv6 available?

I asked this same question on the support community a couple days ago. It was the first and only post.

Thanked by 1sin

IPv6 is not currently available.. it is an active development item, and will be available soon.

WSS said: Do you offer any whitelabeling? I've been touting your services to folks who have been around since ASN were 4 numbers, and wouldn't mind getting a cheaper fix for my own needs. :D

>

We don't offer any white labeling :( But we do appreciate the kinds words!