Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crazy Deal Romania !! 1 EURO vps - located in Romania 2gb ram-2core-30gb-hdd-1gbps - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crazy Deal Romania !! 1 EURO vps - located in Romania 2gb ram-2core-30gb-hdd-1gbps

2»

Comments

• Code expired. sad

• kanchuanqi said: Code expired. sad

yes , we have installed only 3 nodes for this offer ... and all is gone.

• could you provide a special Code? i want to place an order

• kanchuanqi said: could you provide a special Code? i want to place an order

unfortunatly you are late, maybe in cyber monday ...

• Anybody get theirs yet? I don't want to bother with a ticket at this point, I'm sure they are busy... Just curious...

• Im also waiting.. :)

• kendid said: Anybody get theirs yet? I don't want to bother with a ticket at this point, I'm sure they are busy... Just curious...

Many thanks for understand we are bussy , we will deliver all orders in maximum 5-7 hours. If anyone will not recive the server details in this time please open a tiket.

Regards,
    Marius

• I already sent a ticket, I hope I will get noticed.. :)... kudos

• Hello,

Can i have a option to reinstall to ubuntu-14.04-x86_64?

Not minimal , i wan't the normal version it came with.

Thanks.

Please give me an normal option.

• zeriansaid said: Hello,

Thanks.

for today nope , we will work in this after we will provide to all clients this orders.

• hello all, we just provide all vps , please verif enyone and if have some mistake please let us know.

Regards,
    Marius

Thanked by 1kendid
  • is it KVM or OpenVZ VPS?

• I am confused. I ignored this deal because I thought it was openvz.

I already have one on a stable node (don't want to end up on a black Friday node)

Is there a kvm ssd link posted in another thread?

• Ok am still waiting because all i see is 4 linux OS and all minimal, with no way to return to the normal ubuntu it came with. Please install it asap for us.

Thanks in advance.

(I read somewhere a nice review of this company and that support helped them with a nice linux distro that was no even in the list, yet i can't even install what they provided me with)

Please fix it. This is not hard to supply.

@zeriansaid said:
    Hello,

Thanks.

• vimalware said: I am confused. I ignored this deal because I thought it was openvz.

I already have one on a stable node (don't want to end up on a black Friday node)

Is there a kvm ssd link posted in another thread?

this was a openvz , about "don't want to end up on a black Friday node" i think you have calculate wrong ... because is nt oversell if you mean of this and all users can confirm this. About kvm please give me a pm with the config you need and i will make a special price for you because you are one of our customers who have believe in us from the beginning in LET. Wait the config in private.

• It's a shame, i missed it?

• WOW! I was having troubles with iptables and nat so had to enter a ticket... Response was 4 minutes later with the correct fix to the problem! That is impressive!

• volt123volt123 Member
    edited December 2016

I got this server for Black Friday. At the beginning it was very good - fast deployment of the server, fast reinstall, stable VPS and network. So far so good.

I wanted to use this VPS for private OpenVPN and for monitoring my other services. The first problem were iptables - I was not able to edit them in any way. Fast ticket and I got basic iptables functionality but still not enough to reroute traffic for OpenVPN. I had to use SoftEther VPN server because it doesn't need a lot of permissions. It is still OK.

Then I started to get disconnects on ssh and some websites were not working through VPN. Fast look up and it looks like my VPS IP is added to few blacklists, bunch of open SSH sessions and 3 days with no login resulted in "There were 5235 failed login attempts since the last successful login"

Russian bruteforce bots are on their way so it is time for clean os install, some basic apf configuration, disabling root login, adding logging to ssh with only with pkey, other tweaks for sshd_config like changing the default ssh port and a ticket for help. It is OK, I understand that some people use VPS' with not good intentions adn IP gets blacklisted and then other user inherits it.

In the meanwhile I stated to implement above solutions and I've noticed that I am not able to edit important iptables rules, editing sshd_config bricks the server and only reinstall works, some basic functionalities are disabled in old kernel and my root password is visible in plain text in VPS control panel on the website. :D

First Marius responded that he needs some more information from his supervisor, then I got a respond that basically said: you know nothing, go and ask someone else for help. Ticked closed. New ticket with more details - closed without an answer.
    I may not be a sysadmin but I think the things I wanted to do are basic knowledge for someone who uses VPS' and dedicated servers. I did not have any high hopes for this VPS nor wanted to run there any professional applications. Just a cheap service for some of my basic needs.

I was only helping for some basic help from the support and to secure my server, that's all.

I am disappointed and waiting for a refund.

• cociucociu Member
    edited December 2016

volt123 said: volt123

Nice review , i hope you understand this is not a managed service . Also if you want a refound please mention this in the tikets .

• w

kendid said: WOW! I was having troubles with iptables and nat so had to enter a ticket... Response was 4 minutes later with the correct fix to the problem! That is impressive!

Can you explain to @volt123 how this is work ?

• cociu said: Nice review , i hope you understand this is not a managed service . Also if you want a refound please mention this in the tikets .

I fully understand that this is not a managed server. Still, it would be nice to receive at least some feedback that the problem has something to do with my administration and not the configuration of the server. I am not looking for a solution or tutorial from you.
    No one even asked me if I want to change the blacklisted IP when I mentioned it.

I did ask for a refund. I've opened the ticket that you have closed without an answer - #870584

cociu said: kendid said: WOW! I was having troubles with iptables and nat so had to enter a ticket... Response was 4 minutes later with the correct fix to the problem! That is impressive!

Can you explain to @volt123 how this is work ?

As you can see, I did get access to iptables functionality.

volt123 said: Fast ticket and I got basic iptables functionality

I can add some rules to it, but still it was not enough for OpenVPN server and my custom firewall rules. That is fine, I understand that you have some of your own routing and firewall rules and I cannot change them. The main issue is not the iptables here - it is that the server is getting flooded with bots due to blacklisted IP and I am not able to even turn off root login. That is not my fault.

I do not intend to criticize your service, because for this price it is pretty damn good. The thing you lack is a good customer support. As a client who bought a server for a whole year I really do not feel appreciated in any way. When I read a reply from you, I get a feeling it says: "Shoo! Go away bad user. You don't need this, go play with other kids!".

• volt123 said: Shoo! Go away bad user

you had my word i threat every user the same so no worries about this. Any way i want a copy of the tiket when you mention to change your ip . Also please pm your email account and i will make today a full refound because i dont see any way to resolve this. Like anothers users was confirm opnevpn is work after we enable the iptables ...

Also i will apologise for what we faill here (if we faill). What need more ?