Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URPad 72 Hour Sale! Starting at $8/YR for 128MB RAM and $19/YR for 768MB! Chicago, LA, Dallas! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

URPad 72 Hour Sale! Starting at $8/YR for 128MB RAM and $19/YR for 768MB! Chicago, LA, Dallas!

Comments

• Los Angeles, CA – QuadraNet Datacenter – Test IP: 98.143.159.202

or

Los Angeles, CA – OC3 Networks & Web Solutions – Test IP: 173.254.233.2

• edited January 2013

@ynzheng said: Los Angeles, CA – QuadraNet Datacenter – Test IP: 98.143.159.202

or

Los Angeles, CA – OC3 Networks & Web Solutions – Test IP: 173.254.233.2

See above:

@MannDude said: Los Angeles, CA – QuadraNet Datacenter – Test IP: 98.143.159.202

• grabbed bigger one in LA.
    already fully working include RDNS and all required kernel modules. Thanks for support team!

@MannDude
    I think what @ynzheng said is about your order configuration page.
    "Los Angeles, CA Test IP: 173.254.233.2" appears in dropdown list to select location.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2013

@ynzheng - QuadraNet Datacenter , OC3, Pacificrack... it's all the same anyway.

@MannDude said: @MannDude said: Los Angeles, CA – QuadraNet Datacenter – Test IP: 98.143.159.202

Is this test IP yours (your nodes) or you use QuadraNet Datacenter test IP?

• MaxMind didn't like me :(

• can i use it for znc and eggdrop ?

• @kluncrit said: can i use it for znc and eggdrop ?

I think that their TOS don't allow IRC anymore.

• @Spirit said: Is this test IP yours (your nodes) or you use QuadraNet Datacenter test IP?

Quadranet

@nikc said: MaxMind didn't like me :(

If you say you are from X, yet your IP says you're from Y, MaxMind is going to flag you. Raise a ticket if you believe this was a mistake.

@kluncrit said: can i use it for znc and eggdrop ?

Apologies, but no.

• is Urpad has Refund policy for VPS? I don't see it in TOS

• @babydragon said: Refund policy

Afaik No refund. But they are solid provider and Chris runs a tight shop while Curtis is a honest hard worker. You can't go wrong with them.

• @NHRoel Thank you. I will try 1 years with them :)

• I bought one, so far so good. Had an issue with the TUN/TAP not working after I enabled it but ticket was responded to within a couple of hours and problem solved. The only question I had was if I re-image the machine will that problem come up again. Speed, service and price are all good so far

• @NHRoel said: Afaik No refund. But they are solid provider and Chris runs a tight shop while Curtis is a honest hard worker. You can't go wrong with them.

Thanks.

@babydragon said: @NHRoel Thank you. I will try 1 years with them :)

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you or to make your 1 year service better for you.

@funkymcbain said: I bought one, so far so good. Had an issue with the TUN/TAP not working after I enabled it but ticket was responded to within a couple of hours and problem solved. The only question I had was if I re-image the machine will that problem come up again. Speed, service and price are all good so far

If you re-image the machine, you shouldn't have any issues however if you do, just log a ticket. Responses have been a little slower these past couple days due to the sale but typically requests like that are performed in 30 minutes or less.

• bought one today and i'm happy with it so far as my Pandora/US Netflix proxy.

• @chasewalsh said: bought one today and i'm happy with it so far as my Pandora/US Netflix proxy.

Glad to see you're another happy customer! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Anyone have any benchmarks they want to share?

• Hm, can't decide. Chicago or LA. :>

• @BBTN said: Hm, can't decide. Chicago or LA. :>

Both great locations. If you're unhappy with the one you choose, and think you would prefer the other, just drop us a line and we'll get you setup in the alternate location.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

i was tempted because the Price is cheap but tos extremely restricted imho wrt storage use and cpu but ten again i never go near a 4. 00 load.. Still indecisive

• PhantiumPhantium Member
    edited January 2013

@MannDude I ran a ServerBear benchmark on my newly purchased vps on ChicagoDog, I apologize for the high load I have caused momentarily. Over 25~ for a few minutes due to this. I know the TOS says no higher than 5.

That will not happen during my normal usage. I intend to use it as my secondary DNS, VPN, Monitoring. :)

However I am more than pleased with the performance, it is excellent!
    Much better than my current provider CheapVPS who I've been with for 6 years already.

For everyone to see:
    768MB Deal VPS (Chicago): http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/01/24/TJ8NUpnyDJ34uhJS

@risharde I think the TOS is more than fair, I wouldn't want a laggy server myself.

Not to forget the super fast delivery of the VPS, within seconds of paying for my bill!!!
    Awesome job URPAD.

• @risharde said: i was tempted because the Price is cheap but tos extremely restricted imho wrt storage use and cpu but ten again i never go near a 4. 00 load.. Still indecisive

I understand your concerns, but keep in mind that we have these limitations in place to maintain a consistently stable service for all of our customers.

@Phantium said: @MannDude I ran a ServerBear benchmark on my newly purchased vps on ChicagoDog, I apologize for the high load I have caused momentarily. Over 25~ for a few minutes due to this. I know the TOS says no higher than 5.

That will not happen during my normal usage. I intend to use it as my secondary DNS, VPN, Monitoring. :)

However I am more than pleased with the performance, it is excellent!

Much better than my current provider CheapVPS who I've been with for 6 years already.

For everyone to see:

768MB Deal VPS (Chicago): http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/01/24/TJ8NUpnyDJ34uhJS

@risharde I think the TOS is more than fair, I wouldn't want a laggy server myself.

Not to forget the super fast delivery of the VPS, within seconds of paying for my bill!!!

Awesome job URPAD.

Thanks for the kind words! If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to contact us through our support desk.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@Phantium and @MannDude yes I read over what I said and yes I realized I might have come off as a cheap skate here so I do apologize for the slightly negative comment considering that the price of the cheapest plan costs much less than what one would pay for just a retail ipv4 these days in the hosting business so definitely the price is good for what you get.

In essence: Its pretty darn good for the price for sure!

• Would order but SSL cert is messed up. ;)

• @sdotsen said: Would order but SSL cert is messed up. ;)

Which SSL?

• PhantiumPhantium Member
    edited January 2013

@MannDude sdotsen is right, I just ignored it when ordering personally and forgot about it. It's the ssl certificate for WHMCS. https://billing.urpad.net/ the ssl itself is not expired but is wrongly installed on the server (have experienced it myself in the past, might work on some browsers but not chrome for example). You probably need to add the chain certificate or CA, either is missing I think.

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited January 2013

@Phantium said: @MannDude sdotsen is right, I just ignored it when ordering personally and forgot about it. It's the ssl certificate for WHMCS. https://billing.urpad.net/ the ssl itself is not expired but is wrongly installed on the server (have experienced it myself in the past, might work on some browsers but not chrome for example). You probably need to add the chain certificate or CA, either is missing I think.

It comes up fine for me using Chrome with OSX 10.8.2 I also checked it on a couple windows machines using Chrome and Firefox and it also came up correctly.

Something i've noticed since the new year when people ticketed us about the ssl not being setup right or issues with the ssl after investigating the issue. We have come to find out in just about every case that the dates are wrong on their own computers they have 2012 set when it's 2013 so it shows up as invalid.

• I'm on Windows, there will sometimes be a difference between operating systems as well.
    I am not some "stupid" end user, actually working fulltime as Linux Engineer ;-) In fact you guys removed the ssl on billing it seems (https redirects to http), so you must now have found something wrong with it?

• @Phantium said: I'm on Windows, there will sometimes be a difference between operating systems as well.

I am not some "stupid" end user, actually working fulltime as Linux Engineer ;-) In fact you guys removed the ssl on billing it seems (https redirects to http), so you must now have found something wrong with it?

It's still there and was not removed, and we have found nothing wrong with it. We are unable to replicate any results of it coming up invalid other then having an incorrect date on the computer used to access the site.

• Sorry for delayed update.

Thank You for the deal , Got this Deal Two.

Just dont know what to do with it yet :)

Amazingly Quick Provisioning. In-fact my "Your VPS Is Active" mail came even before Paypals Payment Confirmation Mail.

• aww im to late to order the server

• @casper253 said: aww im to late to order the server

$19 deal should still be active... =]