Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low-End-Network streaming.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low-End-Network streaming.

eastoncheastonch Member
edited January 2013 in General

Herro.

So I've got this conundrum to solve for myself.

Currently, I've got spotify blasting on this one machine, but I'd love to be able to share this to my XBOX while I'm spending pointless hours racking up kills on COD or killing some island natives on FC3.

One peice of software I was using, JamCast, allowed me to trial their product for 14 days before demanding $30 to continue; this is not low-end enough for me!

Does anybody perhaps know of a way I can stream my 'audio' to an XBOX? Countless hours of Googling' results in nothing, and it seems the feasability of using Spotify as a music player for XBOX much slimmer.

Before i give up hope and just dive the$30, does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Why did you kill the island natives :'<

• Doesn't the XBOX have like a internet browser, just load up a playlist on grooveshark/youtube/etc... let the music play from the browser.

• Sorry, I'm not too far into the game, I should say Pirates ;)

• @Cirium interesting idea, but I'm not sure if you can have it playing in the background, for this reason.

• Could be done with a Raspberry Pi!
    However, all of the PC's audio out will be shared, and there's some delay.

• @Andre why play it via the xbox? Get something like a Sonos to stream spotify (not LEB, but one time)

• @unused
    He already owns an Xbox.
    Raspberry Pi is $35.
    Sonos systems are $400+.

• Er, i meant to tag him not you. But then the question becomes, why not just stream it from where he is now. Then there's no net cost increase. (Or buy a long audio cable and audio out)

If he's got some awesome hifi plugged into his tv and does't care about the game / just wants spotify a roku or something else may be an alternative.

• @unused Oh you had me quite confused there (:

You're right about the cable and is probably the most obvious solution, could buy a decently long 3.5mm cable & a 3.5mm to RCA adapter for only a couple of dollars from Amazon/eBay.