Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HP Proliant SE 1102 16GB @dacentec.com - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HP Proliant SE 1102 16GB @dacentec.com

2»

Comments

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited January 2013

When using old hardware it could go wrong, Also why not buy out right from someone ?
    I know i sell and I could get Duel L5420 16GB 4x1TB drives for way less then they offer, As you might be better off wither buying new hardware or buying out right from WHT or somewhere are it will be cheaper for you in the long run.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@ReviewLinux said: So I guess max is 4 cores.....

Right, I am so used with Intel=HT that i am not even looking... Sorry.
    Still, at least 2 cores should go to ovz as it offers better compatibility with some apps especially java, not to mention to absorb some spikes on some sites.

• Dammit! Now they get the SSE102s....

Really want that IPMI, but have been in this server for 6 months and can't quit now..

• I often hear people claim to be able to meet the Dacentec offer.

But, I have yet to see anyone offer something officially that is at or near the offer, especially on the "bare" $65 offer.

Checked some of the companies mentioned and see lesser boxes being offered at far more.

• I could do:
    2 x Quad L5420
    16GB RAM
    2 x 500GB
    15TB Bandwidth
    5 IP's
    $75/month in Baltimore.

Not sure if that's enough space for you though. Feel free to PM me.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2013

We have some HP ProLiant DL160 G5 (Dual L5420, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB HD) with iLO/IPMI in Atlanta. If you're interested, let me know. We'll match Dacentec.

• @pubcrawler said: Checked some of the companies mentioned and see lesser boxes being offered at far more.

Find the trend is: it's easier to charge a higher amount and offer a lot more than to offer less and also charge less. Adding value is not a problem. Reducing price is.

• I fully understand @concerto49.

The posts about Dacentec and Datashack are reoccurring. That is where people find the prices great and want diversity elsewhere with similar hardware and similar pricing.

I find Dacentec and Datashack to be above board companies as these specials tend to linger and they often replenish supply or bring a slightly different but similar machine into the next offer.

That is in stark contrast to folks with websites that never show specials on their own website and sell someone not in the know the same offer for 2x-4x the price.

I've always looked at this common web practice as price fixing and discriminatory in some ways. It is dishonest.

I like what Prometeus does on their website in the cart / shop area by showing the various offers they have outstanding along with the full rate packages. The make a very good attempt to differentiate the offers and thereby justify the price difference.