Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sécurity+Plesk+unmanaged vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sécurity+Plesk+unmanaged vps

deboradebora Member
edited November 2016 in Tutorials

Iptable, Fail2ban, SSH strong with plesk it's enough for manage my unmanaged vps?
Can i have a conflict with plesk configuration?
Or what is the way with PLESK, i must to do?
If you have a response... Thank you all

Comments

• mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

CSF - lock down the ports you don't need. Don't forget to allow TCP out 5224 for authentication with the Plesk licensing server. I also use some custom bash scripts to monitor stats such as mail queue, disk space, memory usage, load, etc.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Be carefull do not to override plesk, i mean if you want to setup something check prior if it possible via plesk or you will create conflicts.

+

Check in plesk packages.

+

You can also have a look on plesk support forums.

• @mmuyskens said:
    CSF - lock down the ports you don't need. Don't forget to allow TCP out 5224 for authentication with the Plesk licensing server. I also use some custom bash scripts to monitor stats such as mail queue, disk space, memory usage, load, etc.

Thank i have forget csf. I'm going to learn yet.
    Thank

• @Ikoula said:
    Be carefull do not to override plesk, i mean if you want to setup something check prior if it possible via plesk or you will create conflicts.

+

Check in plesk packages.

+

You can also have a look on plesk support forums.

Ok, do not to overide plesk. Eeeehhh what that mean for me.
    I'm going update first the OS...
    And after snapshot... Right?

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

It means do not touch config files of a service already managed by plesk.

• Hi,

Disable the plesk firewall:
    https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/17.0/administrator-guide/plesk-administration/the-plesk-firewall-linux.72046/

And install de iptables or CSF in your vps.

Regards,