Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And we're back
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

And we're back

RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep
edited January 2013 in General

First BuyVM node just went online

Comments

• Great, sitting their refreshing that page are we?

• use the HTML Image tags.

Also...

AWESOME

• 10/10 post

• Quick everyone! Gather information on their super secret racking technique by monitoring in what order the servers come up!

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited January 2013

Server's back on node04, though DNS not so much:

[root@actually ~]# ping google.com
    ping: unknown host google.com

[root@actually ~]# wget -O /dev/null http://205.234.175.175/100mb.test  --header="Host: cachefly.cachefly.net"
    --2013-01-20 14:31:35--  http://205.234.175.175/100mb.test
    Connecting to 205.234.175.175:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: “/dev/null”

100%[=====================================================================================>] 104,857,600 28.1M/s   in 3.6s

2013-01-20 14:31:38 (27.9 MB/s) - “/dev/null” saved [104857600/104857600]

• @gubbyte said: 10/10 post

If you're being sarcastic I don't see why you come to all of these threads and post waisting your time, because your post is 10/10 useless too.

• @Ishaq said: If you're being sarcastic I don't see why you come to all of these threads and post waisting your time, because your post is 10/10 useless too.

not sarcastic at all, sir!

• @gubbyte said: not sarcastic at all, sir!

0/10 troll

• @curtisg said: 0/10 troll

that'd be because I'm not trolling =)
    pls quit derailing

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2013

@Ishaq said: I don't see why you come to all of these threads

If I may guess... because useless non-descriptive title most likely.

Anyway, that's 3rd thread about same topic today if I am correct. It's realistic to expect some (useless) trolling in not-so-useful thread.

• curtisgcurtisg Banned
    edited January 2013

@gubbyte said: pls quit derailing

0/10 troll.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@gubbyte said: 10/10 post

Seriously, it's getting tiring looking at you complaining about stupid posts when you're making them yourself.

• vldvld Member
    edited January 2013
    root@buyvmstatus:~# cat /proc/net/ip_conntrack | grep sport=8080 | wc -l

You guys are really hammering the /live thingy (8080 = WS server)

• @Infinity said: Seriously, it's getting tiring looking at you complaining about stupid posts when you're making them yourself.

When did I complain? I can only see you complaining.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I am complaining about complaining too, now we are a crowd complaining at each other's complaining, let the complaining flow !

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@gubbyte said: When did I complain? I can only see you complaining.

Complaining was the wrong word, I was talking about your pretentious sarcasm in pretty much every thread..

@Maounique said: I am complaining about complaining too, now we are a crowd complaining at each other's complaining, let the complaining flow !

Lol, but you have to complain about the complaining or the complaining will never stop. ;p

• Also DNS for the IRC is working again >_>

• Oh great. Someone's hitting NY again.

• can you guys access stallion?

• @jcaleb said: can you guys access stallion?

I think they're keeping it down until all of the openvz nodes are up.

• thanks

• (2:24:37 PM) Aldryic[m]: All nodes should be functioning at this time.
    (2:24:39 PM) Aldryic[m]: If not, please let us know

Posting an update. Stallion is also back up.

• @SonicVPS said: Stallion is also back up.

So it is! Interestingly, it says my VPS on ny-node09 is down even though it's up.

• BK_BK_ Member
    edited January 2013

bz forgot to power up 15-20 nodes after they were connected. Aldryic said in IRC that they'd be powered up in the next 15 mins.

20:11 <Aldryic[m]> bz didn't start them after we connected them <_<
    20:11 <Aldryic[m]> Alright, give me like 15 minutes to his the IPMIs and get the VPSes up

• @ihatetonyy said: So it is! Interestingly, it says my VPS on ny-node09 is down even though it's up.

same here

• I'm on node14 and it still looks like its down. I can log into the management panel and tried to boot it from there, but it doesn't come up.

• BK_BK_ Member

@david said: I'm on node14 and it still looks like its down. I can log into the management panel and tried to boot it from there, but it doesn't come up.

http://buyvmstatus.com/

Probably one of the nodes that wasn't started.

• @BK_ said: Probably one of the nodes that wasn't started.

Yeah, that's probably it. I was responding to this, since it seemed they thought everything was back up and running.

(2:24:37 PM) Aldryic[m]: All nodes should be functioning at this time.
    (2:24:39 PM) Aldryic[m]: If not, please let us know

I thought they might be referring to the need to manually start the VPS from the control panel (which I tried), but I guess the actual servers are still down.

20:11 <Aldryic[m]> bz didn't start them after we connected them <_<
    20:11 <Aldryic[m]> Alright, give me like 15 minutes to his the IPMIs and get the VPSes up

• BK_BK_ Member
    edited January 2013

@david said: I thought they might be referring to the need to manually start the VPS from the control panel (which I tried), but I guess the actual servers are still down.

At the beginning they were, but nope. Aldryic said he'd work on bringing them online however decided it was time for rest as they were starting to make little mistakes that could snowball. I don't blame them.