Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's happening.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

It's happening.

BK_BK_ Member
edited January 2013 in General

The move to Vegas has begun. D:

Take a good look guys... You don't see this everyday.

Comments

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

Boom, good luck to the entire BuyVM team.

• lbftlbft Member
    edited January 2013

Some complete arse is taking the opportunity to DDoS the crap out of their New York location.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Have a safe trip @Francisco! Hope everything goes as planned!

• and then they never came back online

• BK_BK_ Member
    edited January 2013

@lbft said: Some complete arse is taking the opportunity to DDoS the crap out of their New York location. Woo.

While I was waiting to take the screen cap of all the servers offline I was wondering why NY kept disappearing.

• NY is still getting a lot of packet loss right now. Been down for over an hour. :S

• @gubbyte said: and then they never came back online

Don't jinx it!

• They should probably film the whole move. It is something that you can't see often.

• @Jack said: [18/01/2013 13:40:18] Francisco: because how the nodes are setup is part of the secrets of how we operate.

Makes sense. Trainers never expose how they breed ponies.

• Buffalo still getting pounded by attack.

Had to pull DNS entries and direct traffic elsewhere. Going to be a long night.

• Going to be a long night; trying to fire up another nameserver instance, as both nameservers that I have are on BuyVM's networks. :(

• @pubcrawler - Yeah, pingdom has been emailing me every minute telling me my site is going down / up. I think it's time for me to look for a new provider unfortunately. I've just had too many issues with them.

• @OttoYiu rage4.com

• @xur17 said: Yeah, pingdom has been emailing me every minute telling me my site is going down / up. I think it's time for me to look for a new provider unfortunately. I've just had too many issues with them.

I wouldn't vouch for Pingdom's monitoring too much. It randomly reports downtime when there isn't sometimes. As a side-note, I haven't had any issues with BuyVM other than slower speeds in San Jose. But that is why they are switching datacenters in the first place.

• @Night said: I wouldn't vouch for Pingdom's monitoring too much. It randomly reports downtime when there isn't sometimes. As a side-note, I haven't had any issues with BuyVM other than slower speeds in San Jose. But that is why they are switching datacenters in the first place.

Have you seen http://buyvmstatus.com/live ?

• @rds100 said: @OttoYiu rage4.com

Using them for main websites, but domains through our cPanel servers are currently down.

• Have you seen http://buyvmstatus.com/live ?

Yeah, that is new to me.

Looking at the OpenVZ NY node graphs alone shows big problems.

ovz-ny-01 for instance has this for today:
    20/01/2013 07:50 - 5m ago offline
    20/01/2013 06:58 - 57m ago online (14m downtime)
    20/01/2013 06:44 - 1h 11m ago offline
    20/01/2013 06:05 - 1h 50m ago online (29m downtime)
    20/01/2013 05:36 - 2h 19m ago offline
    20/01/2013 05:33 - 2h 22m ago online (5m downtime)
    20/01/2013 05:28 - 2h 27m ago offline
    20/01/2013 05:27 - 2h 28m ago online (3m downtime)
    20/01/2013 05:24 - 2h 31m ago offline
    20/01/2013 05:22 - 2h 33m ago online (2m downtime)
    20/01/2013 05:20 - 2h 36m ago offline
    20/01/2013 05:17 - 2h 38m ago online (5m downtime)
    20/01/2013 05:12 - 2h 43m ago offline
    20/01/2013 05:07 - 2h 48m ago online
    20/01/2013 05:06 - 2h 49m ago slow
    20/01/2013 05:05 - 2h 50m ago online (51s downtime)
    20/01/2013 05:04 - 2h 51m ago offline
    15/01/2013 08:12 online (1m downtime)

Looks like the "downtime" according to this tool is getting longer.

I thought RamNode was down too, then I remembered I was using buyvm DNS :P

• Yea, someone thinks it is cool to DDOS them when they are busy with their large datacenter move.

• You've been getting pummeled lately @jarland. Me too :) Same providers.

I pay to outsource DNS to a DNS specific-only provider. Highly recommend business owners do the same.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

LoL, why is that on E Solution's website?

@Night said: Yea, someone thinks it is cool to DDOS them when they are busy with their large datacenter move.

It's not nice to wish people would die in a fire.

Oh sorry, must have been thinking it.

@pubcrawler Meh I was using it for one site for a friend ;)

• Getting lots of loss/packet loss. Terminal is randomly responsive.

Getting 33-65% packet loss. Yippies.

• @Night said: Yea, someone thinks it is cool to DDOS them when they are busy with their large datacenter move.

Colocrossing must be busy with this too.

• I'm with @jarland. We need an address and some gasoline for a molotov cocktail.

• Looks like Fran has ironed out the attack. Last 6 minutes have been without packet loss.

Live monitoring graphs show upwards corresponding good direction.

I am amazed he is able to deal with the attacks normally. That's why I like BuyVM and all the magic behind the scenes.

• And... I should note that ping, which is commonly employed as a monitoring means will be showing "DOWN" for Buffalo.

Looks like BuyVM is ICMP limiting, ignoring, etc. in wake of this attack.

Services are up though.

Ping from within BuyVM servers out to remote locations are functioning just fine.