Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for basic vps with 20ish ip addresses (located in the usa)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for basic vps with 20ish ip addresses (located in the usa)

cloudehcloudeh Member
edited January 2013 in General

Looking for a not-so-beefy VPS/cloud type instance running Ubuntu 12.04 with approximately 20 ipv4 addresses (yes, port 25 could be blocked, this is not for spamming). Hope you can help me!

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• JacobJacob Member
    edited January 2013

It's possible, just curious on what you're going to be running in this VPS.

• jhjh Member

Might be able to help you if you have a genuinely good use for them.

• A DNS service similar to unblock-us / tunlr

• jhjh Member

@cloudeh said: A DNS service similar to unblock-us / tunlr

Why does that need 20 IPs?

• @jhadley said: Might be able to help you if you have a genuinely good use for them.

I thought you were only in the UK.

• jhjh Member

@gubbyte said: I thought you were only in the UK.

Yeah, just saw the USA bit. Still curious as to why a proxy/DNS service needs 20 IPs though.

• jhadley: you have pm regarding this..

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

I can help with this, in Dallas.

• I'm confused, but if you can explain it to me like I am five as to why you really need 20 IP addresses, we could likely help you. If you're willing to pay $1.50/mo per IP address then we've got six USA locations for you to choose from.

• IPXcore has 20 IPs for $25/month on top of any plan. Just select it during checkout.

Glad to be working with @cloudeh on this project, sorted him out a box, IPs just $1/IP.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

While I do get my IPs on extremely competitive pricing and going lower on the IP price itself is doable for me, I just do not feel right asigning such large amounts these days to a single client without a proper justification. I did respond to the PM I got about this, though.

• As IPv4 Ip's are less worldwide. You will get less providers providing so many IP's on VPS, so let us know why do you need so much IP's ?

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

let me know if you are interested, no questions asked, $2(USD) per ip, let me know the other specs!

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@RobertJFClarke said: Glad to be working with @cloudeh on this project, sorted him out a box, IPs just $1/IP.

Looks like he got sorted

• You're going to need tons of bandwidth to set up a service like unblock-us and good luck to you and your VPS provider if you're really going set up an open DNS resolver.

• "good luck to you and your VPS provider if you're really going set up an open DNS resolver"

...and good luck to any website owner or service provider who gets hit with a DNS Amplification denial of service attack if an attacker decides to take advantage of that open resolver.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited January 2013

@DomainBop said: ..and good luck to any website owner or service provider who gets hit with a DNS Amplification denial of service attack if an attacker decides to take advantage of that open resolver.

would be like facebook on a shared hosting server :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I don't know why this was such an extraordinary request.

Heck, I can recommend numerous hosts that will give you thousands of IP addresses with every VPS, and they're the the state-of-the-art 128-bit addresses, not outdated 32-bit.

• @Raindog308 welcome back, haven't seen you in a while!

State-of-the-art confusing IPv6 :(

http://www.ipv6area.com/2011/12/what-is-ipv8.html

Looks intriguing :)

• @raindog308 said: Heck, I can recommend numerous hosts that will give you thousands of IP addresses with every VPS, and they're the the state-of-the-art 128-bit addresses, not outdated 32-bit.

Until IPv4 runs out completely, IPv6 is purely for special snowflakes.

Guys, as stated, I already sold this guy a VPS :)