Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kansas VPS at Wholesale Internet
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kansas VPS at Wholesale Internet

MunMun Member
edited January 2013 in General

I am looking for a VPS provider at Kansas City,MO WholeSale internet. I have currently a provider that I am using, but am not getting the service that I need or want.

I will not go into further details about the current host.

Requirements:
1 Low tier 256RAM Email Server, 20 gig storage.
1 Medium Tier 1 Gig - 512 Percona Mysql 20 Gig storage will be fine as well.

I know of:
https://www.datashack.net/, but I don't think have a very good CP, so will pass on them.
https://www.bluevm.com/, I also know of them, but will pass just as well.

The reason for that specific DC is that my main webserver is located there and I want as small of an interconnect time as possible.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Please also give reviews of the service.

Comments

• MunMun Member

@Jack said: @Jacob does them.

The low tier looks good for the database server, but way too much for the email server. Literally it is idle most of the day.

• MunMun Member

@Jack said: @Mun said: I am looking for a VPS provider at Kansas City,MO WholeSale internet. I have currently a provider that I am using, but am not getting the service that I need or want.

Name and Shame!

I will not go into further details about the current host.

Requirements:

1 Low tier 256RAM Email Server, 20 gig storage. - $3.99 from Jacob he is the only one I know of really in Kansas.

1 Medium Tier 1 Gig - 512 Percona Mysql 20 Gig storage will be fine as well. - $7 for 2GB Burst - 1GB dedicated.

Lol that is what I just said here:

@Mun said: @Jack said: @Jacob does them.

The low tier looks good for the database server, but way too much for the email server. Literally it is idle most of the day.

but also here I said not going to mention:

@Mun said: I will not go into further details about the current host.

• I know that http://rackflux.com has servers located in Joe's Datacenter in Kansas City. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's the same tower that Wholesale Internet is in

• MunMun Member

I see $7.99

• BK_BK_ Member
    edited January 2013

@fizzyjoe908 said: Joe's Datacenter in Kansas City. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's the same tower that Wholesale Internet is in

Correct. Virpus is in there aswell I believe.

• @BK_ said: Joe's Datacenter in Kansas City.

These guys are horrible. They also do not allow email servers of any kind.

• Joe's Datacenter has a $6 monthly/512MB RAM - 1GB burst/30GB space VPS

sshVM is also in Kansas City and in the lowend price range but based on the antiquated desktop hardware they list in their WHT ads I wouldn't recommend using them for a database server.

sshvm ad "AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 CPU"
    sshvm ad "Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU"

and...

sshvm ad "Raid1 Protected Storage"

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited January 2013

PrismaVPS are in WSI or Datashack or something -- they're in Kansas City. They're great. And they, conveniently, finally have stock it seems!

• @ihatetonyy said: PrismaVPS are in WSI or Datashack or something -- they're in Kansas City. They're great. And they, conveniently, finally have stock it seems!

From the traceroute, it looks like they are in Wholesale. Also, Virpus is also in Wholesale as well. I don't have experience with prisma, but I've heard good things about Virpus.

• BK_BK_ Member
    edited January 2013

Last time I used Virpus, they seemed overcrowded and oversold. As a company (support, people, etc.) they were awesome, however.

• @Mun use promo february on starter plan to get the price to $3.99/pcm.

• WarplineWarpline Member
    edited January 2013

Hi all, apologies if I'm a bit late to this thread. To clarify, we lease space with WSI at the Oak Tower DC. Our bandwidth is directly from HE. On a side note, we also just recently received our own ASN and IP block from ARIN.

@Mun, if there's anything I can assist you with just let me know. I'm kind of active here, but you can always shoot a ticket to our management department as well if you wish.

• Also @ihatetonyy, thanks for the recommendation. It's always appreciated! :)

• @Mun were you the one looking for a west coast windows vps that allowed irc also?

• MunMun Member

Don't think so, I hate windows.

The only username I have on LET is Mun.

• errr darn it. ohhh well thread must have been removed.

• if you're thinking about virpus think once again: http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/virpus-30year-512mb-xen-vps-in-kansas-city/

I had colo in Joe's some time ago, they can be strict when it comes to email, otherwise good experience