Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage VPS

andreasandreas Member
edited January 2013 in General

This will probably not be LEB but ....
I do not really want to change my VPS holdings, I just need to add storage to them. Any suggestions on how to do that in the 500G-1T range of usable space? Any price suggestions? What if my application needs a bit of fault tolerance, like parallel storage space? Is it possible without me getting into the hardware business? thanx.

Comments

• @andreas said: I do not really want to change my VPS holdings, I just need to add storage to them. Any suggestions on how to do that in the 500G-1T range of usable space?

What do you mean? You current have VPS and want to get more storage on them? Shouldn't you ask your existing provider?

Or are you looking for new VPS with lots of storage?

• jhjh Member

Get some decent NAS storage and mount it over NFS

• @concerto49: Sorry, I did not include a bit of important info. What I really want is that storage be independent of my VPS's. That way I can "mount" from several VPS. I have never done NFS over WAN's. Is it possible, is it feasible speedwise? Any other options?

• @andreas said: @concerto49: Sorry, I did not include a bit of important info. What I really want is that storage be independent of my VPS's.

As in you are looking for Storage VPS?

RAID60 Storage:
    400GB - $11.79USD/month
    800GB - $22.43USD/month
    http://www.cloudshards.com/backupvpshosting.php
    Use the current running LEB25 to get these prices.

• Again, I'd vouch for @concerto49's offer. Perfect for a storage VPS.

• What are you doing that needs that much storage with such a low budget..?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2013

I can do
    500gb
    100mbps
    $13

and

1Tb
    100mbps
    $25

in choopa NJ.

• @andreas said: That way I can "mount" from several VPS. I have never done NFS over WAN's. Is it possible, is it feasible speedwise?

To be honest I won't recommend doing that, used to have two VPS with a 90ms ping and tried to use ISCSI to connect the two, everything is running slow as hell. I think in order to mount the NFS, you need to:

1. Make sure the VPS is in the same DC (or a few ms ping between them)
    2. Use the remote "mount" like a storage (i.e., backup partition), rather than something you need to read and write frequently.
  • 24khost24khost Member
    edited January 2013

1vCpu
    256 MB Ram Gauranteed
    500 GB Space
    2500 GB bandwidth
    1 IPv4
    gb port

$20.00 p/m this is a custom to get the price down.

• 4GB ram
    1.5TB Space
    5TB Bandwidth (special restrictions apply)
    1000mb/s
    1 IPv4

$99/month

• 4gb ram? @curtisg he is using it as a storage vps. Why would he need that much ram?

• @24khost that's what the plan comes with by default

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@cutisg That's pretty expensive, and I agree with @24khost, you don't need that much RAM for a storage VPS.