Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you Ramnode/Nick - KVM VPS Oracle Linux 6.3 2.6.39 !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Thank you Ramnode/Nick - KVM VPS Oracle Linux 6.3 2.6.39 !

eva2000eva2000 Veteran
edited January 2013 in General

Thought I'd post a very appreciative thank you to Nick at Ramnode.

Ramnode is the only VPS/Cloud web host so far that has acted on my request for Oracle Linux 6.3 based ISO templates to be added (Nick added them within 24hrs ! ) so I can take advantage of more updated packages and improvements that Oracle's UEK 2.6.3.9 kernel has (based on 3.0.16 mainline kernel) .

Details

Just setup my KVM VPS with OL 6.3 will setup the rest after i get some sleep :)

Thank you Nick :)

http://i.imgur.com/nWAjE.png

Comments

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited January 2013

Wow, thank you! Enjoy your VPS. :)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@eva2000 said: Ramnode is the only VPS/Cloud web host so far that has acted on my request for Oracle Linux 6.3 based ISO templates to be added (Nick added them within 24hrs ! ) so I can take advantage of more updated packages and improvements that Oracle's UEK 2.6.3.9 kernel has (based on 3.0.16 mainline kernel) .

Awesome, RamNode are great, you can't go wrong with them. But if that's the only provider that can add a KVM ISO in for you within 24 hours I suggest you take a look at what providers you're with.. ;p

• thanks for using LET as your personal blog
    have a nice day

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@gubbyte said: thanks for using LET as your personal blog

I'm having a chicken sandwich.

• @jarland said: I'm having a chicken sandwich.

I'm having a turkey sandwich. We're enemies now.

• I want to take a nap.

@jarland Chicken, good man!

• No licensing issues with provide this ISO without signing up with Oracle? I refuse to believe that Oracles definition of 'free' is the same as everyone else. Although throw in Ksplice for 'free' and I'll sign whatever deal with the devil I need to

• lzplzp Member

You're the only person who has a problem with the thread.

@lzp said: You're the only person who has a problem with the thread.

You're the only person who has a problem with him having a problem with this thread.

I'm bored don't judge me.

• @jarland said: I'm bored don't judge me.

So am I

I should be doing some things but I just can't seem to get into them today for some reason.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@lzp said: You're the only person who has a problem with the thread.

's/the thread/every thread/g'

Fixed :)

@ShardHost said: No licensing issues with provide this ISO without signing up with Oracle? I refuse to believe that Oracles definition of 'free' is the same as everyone else. Although throw in Ksplice for 'free' and I'll sign whatever deal with the devil I need to

http://gyazo.com/6cb8d82d2725a2f7f4660570884b282d

@AuroraZ said: I should be doing some things but I just can't seem to get into them today for some reason.

I have an excuse. Stupid internet keeps going up and down. Can't get anything of value accomplished.

• @jarland said: I'm having a chicken sandwich.

Really dude? ...

You're going to have to give me more information than that. Is it fried, baked, grilled? Any type of sauce on it?

C'mon @jarland. What's wrong with you?

@Nick_A said: What's wrong with you?

More like what's going to be wrong with this cable modem if it keeps acting up.
    "I don't know what happened but it looks like it removed itself from the IT closet and then somehow ended up under my tire."

• In Oracle we trust ;)

Now if they could just throw Ksplice in.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited January 2013

have a nice day

Get a sex life, you chippy bastard.

• @ShardHost said: No licensing issues with provide this ISO without signing up with Oracle? I refuse to believe that Oracles definition of 'free' is the same as everyone else.

Well Oracle provides other free software too. MySQL and Java for instance. When was the last time you worried about MySQL not being free to download? MySQL is used as the DBMS by most websites on the net.

Also you don't have to sign up to download oracle linux. Just refer to the mirror list:

https://wikis.oracle.com/display/oraclelinux/Downloading+Oracle+Linux

• I am eating a chocolate croissant.

• Good morning guys.

• I have a fever and my throat is sore

• @jcaleb

I think I can beat you.

-sore throat.
    -ear infection.
    -throat infection.

• @Cirium nice. What remedy do you take?

Bourbon whiskey + honey + lemon

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited January 2013

@Nick_A said: Bourbon whiskey + honey + lemon

I think it may work :P

Ontopic, this Oracle Linux is a CentOS based distro right?

• @yomero said: Ontopic, this Oracle Linux is a CentOS based distro right?

It's a Red Hat Enterprise Linux based distribution to be more correct. CentOS is based off Red Hat too.

@yomero said: I think it may work :P

Oh, it DOES work. Every time.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited January 2013

" When was the last time you worried about MySQL not being free to download? "

when Oracle killed the free version of Solaris (Open Solaris) or when it announced it would stop developing OpenOffice maybe?

• LOL you off topic folks are funny :)

Yup Oracle Linux is free and based off of RHEL and as such works exactly same as RHEL and CentOS just with more updated kernel, packages and tweaks here and there.

@Nick_A said: Wow, thank you! Enjoy your VPS. :)

Thanks Nick