Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No any LEB Xen-HVM Provider? :)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

No any LEB Xen-HVM Provider? :)

DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
edited January 2013 in General

Hello,

I am planning to provide a Xen HVM VPS under LEB price but I can't find good competitor so its a really difficult for me to create a vps plan..

I find some Xen-HVM providers in google but most of company sell xen-hvm at $20 - $30 month which is really expensive for LEB users.

Can you post a list of Xen-HVM VPS Provider(Linux only, not windows)

Comments

• I know I saw a couple last week. They do exist. U'll find one eventually.

+Xen HVM is usually a little bit more than Xen PV by a couple of dollars.

• Why do you need a competitor for this? Make business plan, offer what makes sense for you (i.e. that covers your costs plus has margin and profit).
    There will be other companies that sell too expensive or too cheap - more power for them. You don't need to undercut on price everyone else to be able to sell services.

• @rds100

Looks like an effort to come up with their own prices was already made.

http://dewlance.com/cheap-linux-vps

• Basically what @rds100 said.

If you're seriously thinking ripping someone else's prices then you're not fit as an entrepreneur (unless you're planning on taking a loss-leader or luckily get your prices right).

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited January 2013

BudgetVM has both PVM and HVM support $6.99 for 768MB/1.5GB swap/40GB HS/2 IPS/2.5TB Bandwidth
    http://budgetvm.com/xen-linux-vps.php

if you're planning on competing with them on price (which would be a bad idea) you'll need to triple the RAM/storage/bandwidth in your plans to match what they're offering

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@DomainBop said: if you're planning on competing with them on price (which would be a bad idea) you'll need to triple the RAM/storage/bandwidth in your plans to match what they're offering

But it seems budgetvm sell "XenPV" VPS

• @DewlanceVPS said: I find some Xen-HVM providers in google but most of company sell xen-hvm at $20 - $30 month which is really expensive for LEB users.

If you don't know your costs, maybe it is not the business for you

• BK_BK_ Member

Going to have to agree @miTgiB.

Don't try to look at your competitors for pricing when you start out, as you'll end up overselling and your 'brand' or 'line' (whatever you want to call it) will die from bad publicity. Once you have a proven service with customers that can cut down the price of your nodes, that's when you start undercutting your competitors.

Based off this thread, it doesn't seem like you're ready.

Just my input :)

• You are your own competitor, why bother with others?

Thanks to everyone for suggestion, My team members suggest me to don't take a risk so I drop this plan.

(I was make a plan to provide Linux Xen-HVM and Windows VPS under $7/m but many peoples suggest me to don't take a risk)

• @DewlanceVPS said: My team members suggest me to don't take a risk so I drop this plan.

No risk, no reward. I don't see a reason to use HVM over KVM to be honest. KVM has matured quite nicely, I don't know if Windows runs better under Xen-HVM than KVM, I imagine Xen has better drivers... In the case of offering Windows though, there are better virtualizations for it...

edited January 2013

@Kairus said: No risk, no reward. I don't see a reason to use HVM over KVM to be honest. KVM has matured quite nicely, I don't know if Windows runs better under Xen-HVM than KVM, I imagine Xen has better drivers... In the case of offering Windows though, there are better virtualizations for it...

Do you recommended me to use KVM for Linux VPS instead of HVM?

• BK_BK_ Member

Just curious, I apologize for being off topic, but do you currently have your own nodes or do you resell? As in, is this going to be your first leap into providing VPS from your own box? Cheers

• rchurchrchurch Member
    edited January 2013

LusoVPS do Xen HVM.

Most of the market is going the KVM way.
    So the question is what can Xen-HVM do that KVM can't, and which technology are you as a provider more confident and experienced with?

• @rchurch said: So the question is what can Xen-HVM do that KVM can't,

Actually it's the other way around I've found when some clients did some pretty exotic things with gentoo and Xen-HVM couldn't do it, KVM could.

• @DewlanceVPS said: Do you recommended me to use KVM for Linux VPS instead of HVM?

I would recommend you to work with what you're most comfortable with. Personally I would go with KVM over Xen-HVM, it's got more promise being open source and part of it being in the linux kernel.

• http://www.xensmart.co.uk/

I've had quite a few vps' from them and...

10:33:43 up 95 days, 23:46, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

128/10/150 at £2.50pm HVM with code "50OFF". And before you ask, I have no affiliation with xensmart or pcsmart.

• We provide XEN VPS's but at LEB costs its very much a loss leader product. Especially once you factor in shared storage array costs etc.

Probably best to work out the costs and contention ratios you are happy with and then what margin/profit you need.

If you are above £4.40 per month then you may need to adjust the business model