Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Provider that allows public proxy hosting - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Provider that allows public proxy hosting

Comments

• @Amfy said: You mean Soon ™?

lol?

Ugh this thread is going offtopic haha...
    Really need a host for this

• I always use Squid.
    Have you tried it?

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: I always use Squid.

Have you tried it?

Things like that are also not working, already tried it haha
    When i go to youtube.com i get to a page where it says Local Deny (website url here)

• @joodle
    obviously it wont work out of the box. you need to edit the acls..

• Wanna try my squid proxy? :D

• Lol... YouTube the URL itself is blocked on my school computer, any proxy that you apply to your browser won't work, aswell as VPNs...

I already got the whole proxy ready, only need a VPS for it...

• Blocked in the computer, restricted sites?
    What kind of the OS is it?

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: What kind of the OS is it?

Windows 7 lol

• @ErawanArifNugroho:
    read the posts from top..

• Ok, install new browser which is not blocking youtube, if you have the privileges. :D
    Or, just create a vm inside that computer :p

• Have you tried Tor, using the Torbrowser package. If that works, then you can follow some guides online to add flash.

Also try Tor bridges, if Tor is blocked. Tor should be fast enough to view normal Youtube.

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: install new browser which is not blocking youtube

We even tried portable ones...

@ErawanArifNugroho said: just create a vm inside that computer

Yeah... not gonna happen

• @joodle said: Well the strange thing is, they don't block proxy's and they also wont

It is definitely not strange. Their goal is not to prevent students to waste time. The school goal is to protect itself from liabilities; they dont'want the school IP eventually listed on shady web sites logs. Should this happen, your proxy IP will be on the log instead: the scapegoat is ready. Are you sure about the "public" part of your project? A password protected proxy, for friends only, could be a better choice.

• Some school computers always connect to a proxy. Our school does this, but it's more of a 24 hour school, with over 1,500 people there is probably a good reason why it uses a proxy.

@pcan said: @joodle said: Well the strange thing is, they don't block proxy's and they also wont

• @Jacob at our school/college there are around 1600-1700 people...

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I'd be happy to host you. I'll give you VPS2 plan at the price of VPS1, (so it will be faster), and I'll let you use it for a proxy. However please be aware if it is abused I will have to get it off my network, but with normal use I don't care.
    Just PM me here if you want it.

• @shovenose can you pm me im on my phone atm, i can only reply to pms

• le #swag #anonymous hacker tor4lyf #yolo xDDDD

• @gubbyte i am 11 nd in teh illimunaiti yor obvls fgt

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@Andre lol!

• @Joodle or you can just go and work at college stuff while in college? :P

But, you can put something like Glype (https://www.glype.com/) behind a protected page (.htaccess), over ssl of course. That way it is not that public, your sysadmins might have a harder time to find out (why is all that traffic going to that protected page? Lets not block that ass well) and you can slack off while your code is compiling...

• @Raymii from experience I can tell you that web proxies (like glype) rarely work well with dynamic sites like YouTube (since they use Flash).

• @Bogdacutuu said: @Raymii from experience I can tell you that web proxies (like glype) rarely work well with dynamic sites like YouTube (since they use Flash).

IIRC, Glype has a plugin specifically for YouTube

• @Raymii said: @Joodle or you can just go and work at college stuff while in college? :P

He can have lunch and breaks :)

• @Raymii said: But, you can put something like Glype

That's what i'm using haha, i only modified the template a bit

@Bogdacutuu said: from experience I can tell you that web proxies (like glype) rarely work well with dynamic sites like YouTube (since they use Flash).

It does work haha, tested it already

• rly lol haha

• Have you tried Tor, with Torbrowser, if that is blocked you can look at tor bridges.

Also, why don't you just use existing Youtube Proxies, just google for it, one I just found was http://youtubeproxy.org/

• @Centaur said: why don't you just use existing Youtube Proxies

I want my own haha :)

I also blocked all sites except the following ones:
    YouTube.com
    Twitter.com
    Facebook.com
    Google.com
    Myspace.com
    Hotmail.com (Live.com, Msn.com)
    Gmail.com
    Yahoo.com

• jhjh Member

I can host it but I should warn you I nearly got kicked out of school/college for something similar.

• jhjh Member

@Jack said: what school did you go to?

http://www.kes.hants.sch.uk/