Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HOSTUS deduct a commission
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HOSTUS deduct a commission

Previously, I've made withdrawals of commission fees very smoothly. However, after this withdrawals, the unpaid amount of $ 70 had been changed to $ 19.
I issued a ticket asking for the reason. The following is the reply of HOSTUS.

I'm not sure if this is a new rule applicable to all the customer, if not, that's not fair.
Expose the behavior of HOSTAS.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2016

So they forgot the change the commission on the smaller plans to 0%

Case closed, like your account I expect after posting this.

Thanked by 1Lm85H4gFkh3wk3
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

You need to signup with good affiliate hosting provider.

• Yeah, they did that without any notice. Their commision is in 0.1%-14% range now, as far as I can see.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2016

The thread title is incorrect. I don't see @AlexanderM and HostUS deducting any commission here.

I'm not fighting anyone's corner here, I don't know what services you've been selling, but it's quite often that the promotional services does not carry the same amount of commission.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

If there's something I've learned that was never obvious: if you want to grow, treat your affiliate program members kindly, be generous. They will ensure mutual success, all you have to do is pay them afterward.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@jarland said:
    If there's something I've learned that was never obvious: if you want to grow, treat your affiliate program members kindly, be generous. They will ensure mutual success, all you have to do is pay them afterward.

+100 here @Jarland

Thanked by 1jar
  • Zen said: I'm not quite sure it's fair to retroactively affect commissions..

Not quite sure? That's a red flag for any business and probably even illegal.

• he planned his life around that $70 and then it turns into a measly $19.. NOT FAIR.

Horrible business practices.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2016

They should be more clear about it in the beginning as affiliates do hard work and later if they come to know that their commission is invalid or reduced by % ,obviously anyone will get angry.

ps : We offer 15% recurring on promo or non promo plans.

Thanked by 2ATHK Boltersdriveer
  • Just throwing this out, but they clearly define it:

https://my.hostus.us/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=70

Affiliates are credited 15% for each sale they refer. This rate may be different for special / promotional packages. Affiliates may withdraw their balance after a 60-day waiting period. A minimum of $25 is required for each withdrawal.

Print this Article

So read & ask always.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Then this is the mistake of the person who signed up.

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited November 2016

They misconfigured their affiliate program for this user and they should pay up.

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • DETioDETio Member
    edited November 2016

@Mofei828

If you want a provider that pays well for referrals, I recommend Eleven2. They pay so much more per sign up - $75 up to $150 for each referral no matter what the referral buys - even shared hosting.

@JoeMerit said:
    They misconfigured their affiliate program for this user and they should pay up.

That seems like the fair thing to do, to me.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • zafouhar said: Just throwing this out, but they clearly define it:

https://my.hostus.us/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=70

So read & ask always.

True, but such type of a policy has a tendency to change/evolve over time, you know.

http://web.archive.org/web/20150517034541/http://my.hostus.us/knowledgebase.php?action=displaycat&catid=14

Thanked by 3hostdare MikeA ucxo
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@mofei828 I have reviewed your affiliate account and found over 90% of your affiliate signups originate from a single customer. If you would like to discuss this further please PM me directly.

Alexander

Thanked by 2Lee Hassan

@AlexanderM said:
    @mofei828 I have reviewed your affiliate account and found over 90% of your affiliate signups originate from a single customer. If you would like to discuss this further please PM me directly.

Alexander

That happened to me. One affiliate managed to get one customer to sign up for a bunch of services. That customer is now one of my highest paying and most loyal customers :)

• @jarland said:

@AlexanderM said:

Alexander

That happened to me. One affiliate managed to get one customer to sign up for a bunch of services. That customer is now one of my highest paying and most loyal customers :)

I think he meant that one customer made multiple accounts, not one customer bought multiple services.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited November 2016

@jarland said:

@AlexanderM said:

Alexander

Well it can be something else aswell, such as the customer himself signing up for multiple accounts...

One account he activates his affiliate account and the other he acts as a buyer and buys services through his affiliate account and gets commission

I don't know about this case, just pointing it out :)

• @DETio said:
    @Mofei828

If you want a provider that pays well for referrals, I recommend Eleven2. They pay so much more per sign up - $75 up to $150 for each referral no matter what the referral buys - even shared hosting.

I should create an affiliate account and use it to my advantage for free $$$ :P

• remember HostUS is just another merchant.

• So, since I'm not really familiar with providers' affiliate programs nor policies, can somebody tell me whether a cutting of affiliate rates for old members is a common practice nowadays? I have nothing against HostUS, quite the contrary. It's just a matter of curiosity.

• @mofei828 i just send you a pm.

• jarland said: If there's something I've learned that was never obvious: if you want to grow, treat your affiliate program members kindly, be generous. They will ensure mutual success, all you have to do is pay them afterward.

i search a comercial guy in this moment. +10 for this