Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESET vs Kaspersky or what Antivirus Software do you use? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ESET vs Kaspersky or what Antivirus Software do you use?

Comments

• @nqservices said:
    At the moment i'm using "Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition" that costs 21.50 €/year on their official website.

Besides the good results on the anti-virus tests similar to Kaspersky and Eset, it as the main adjantage of being both compatible with Windows PC's and Windows Servers. So the license cost is the same for a PC or a Server and i can't find better server solution for such a low cost.

@jamesrat said:
    I'm running Cylance on my work and home machines.

I have read before about Cylance and seems a very good solution. Can i ask you how much is the license price?

$60/yr for their home solution.
    https://www.malwaremanaged.com/

• Sophos Home with Malwarebytes.

• Eset.

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

I've seen bitdefender not detect viruses on PCs and servers in the past. Eset over 10 years and have never had an issue.

• ESET if paid. If free try Sophos.

• I am using Kaspersky Internet Security. So far, I have nothing to complaint. :)

• Currently Kaspersky Total Security, since it was costing 1.99GBP, and hence was worth a try. I don't use Windows often, so not really sure of its effectiveness.

• ESET as it's is faster and lighter. I'm using it since years. For few bucks you can buy licence for few years, just do a deep search... ;)

• currenly i dont use any antivirus, last 1-2 year ago use Avast Internet Security.

• Never used an av before. Why would you need it if you have common sense plus a good virus can bypass the av anyway.

• I use Windows Defender and MalwareBytes AntiMalware Pro. I don't believe that there is a reason to purchase an Antivirus when the detection rates fluctuate for all AV's. Combined with MalwareBytes and my wit for things I download from the PC, I don't ever have an issue with viruses.

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited November 2016

Am currently using Emsisoft internet security it mainly use's Bitdefender signature's plus some of there own, unlike some other anti-virus it does not installed a new root certificate to be able to scan SSL connections.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Eset here for day-to-day AV on Windows Machines.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Most popular antivirus programs these days are quite similar and good. First of all we need to use our common sense, if we are using it well there is not a big difference on AVs, just choose cheaper one :)

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Personally last 10 years used Kaspersky, every year they do update of software version and it seems to me more options available (and slightly more complicated to use), like this year they added: Kaspersky Secure Connection - worldwide VPN services.

• i been using Avast Internet Security for 4 years and keep going

• Been using KIS for years.

• I'm using Bitdefender for years now and it's very good, I used ESET before as well and liked it too

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Both are crap. MS Security Essentials is free, light, non-obtrusive and then just don't click on stupid shit in the mail and you'll be safe.

• I have OSX.

• Kaspersky or Avira only

• @nqservices said:
    I have read before about Cylance and seems a very good solution. Can i ask you how much is the license price?

Depends on your seat count. You have to go through a reseller until you get to 2,500 seats.

• Webroot or Eset.

• Use Linux most of the time, but on my Windows machine, the builtin Windows Defender works fine for me. Used Avast in past, it was good too, before they started bloating it.

Thanked by 1flatland_spider
  • Malwarebytes.. How bad is McAfee ?

• I use Kaspersky and MalwareBytes

Thanked by 1yermak
  • Given choice I'll take Symantec anytime. Its surprisingly light after having years of reputation as most bloated software since 2003s. Detection is good. Detect whatever it supposed to detect, and correctly leave supposedly safe but heuristically suspicious things alone.

However the license is quite expensive so I just settle with ESET.

Kaspersky is potentially good, but for some reason whatever network inspection driver they install fucked my online game performance. Thats enough to make me uninstall it at 5th day of trial.

• I've never seen any better antivirus than Kaspersky in term of high detection rate and low false positives.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited November 2016

@mailcheap said:
    Kaspersky used to be really light on the resources while having some of the best detection rates on par w/ Symantec; now its just really bloated with some really intrusive stuff like script injection in browsers, hijacking encrypted connections and so on.

This is my experience too.

Got a 5 device Kaspersky license for like £1.99 as I remember hearing good things about it (albeit a long time ago)

Found it slow, bloated, intrusive, annoying and confusing.

Went back to MSE, which is perfect IMO

Also common sense. Sometimes, if I'm really not sure about something, even though MSE doesn't detect a virus, I'll upload it to virustotal.com just to see what other antiviruses think.

MSE always picks them up though in my experience.