Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vps for coin mine
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vps for coin mine

I have a question for miners. Where is the best place for whole house mining Vps. I just need one cpu 256 ram and Ubuntu with good prices. I know about aruba and other but maybe is something else.

Comments

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR

What is your budget ?

• If mining from vps is working, all web hosts will close their servers and start mining!

• @joeri said:

What is your budget ?

Around 2-3 euro it will be efficient I will take many more. I think even without public in will be fine only one for exit.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@chmuri said:

@joeri said:

What is your budget ?

Around 2-3 euro it will be efficient I will take many more. I think even without public in will be fine only one for exit.

What're you planning on mining?

• duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
    edited November 2016

CPUs can't mine efficiently, even if you had a vps with 64gb ram and 16 cores, it would takes months to gain even 1$

But really, for 2-3 euro a vps for mining would just be a loss, you'd make a core unusable.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited November 2016

Cryptomining is forbidden in almost all vps providers. The reason is simple: you will eat as much as the resources are available to the node, abusing the service. Not to mention that mining needs more gpu power than cpu.
    A vps is for providing web or app hosting environment. Not for mining. If you want to do so, you should use a dedicated server. But then, the cost will be a multiply of the "profit" you will gain from.
    As @Jorbox said, if this was profitable, then, vps providers would earn money by just turning their machines to a mining heaven.

TL;DR It's not going to happen!
    Except if you are just an abuser. Renting a cheap vps and push its limit till the provider kick you out. Or, getting a service for testing and try to get all the resources till provider find you and... well, kick you out.

P.S.: @joeri Are you really willing to sell vps for crypto mining? And telling this publicly? Good luck and good night to your clients!

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

Feel free to do this on our V-Dedicated line. Node is dedicated to you, so no issue with abuse.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2016

jvnadr said: you will eat as much as the resources are available to the node

Please sir kindly explain how a 1-core KVM can possibly eat "all resources available to the node" on some 16-core Xeon host machine. Even at OpenVZ each VPS is limited in how much CPU it can consume, so what you said is not exactly the actual concern. Which is, using much more CPU than any definition of "fair share" would allow for -- unless the cores are dedicated and there's zero overselling on CPU (extremely rare on cheap VPS plans). Even then, you can find a provider thick enough not to notice you, or hope you're the only or one of the very few miners on the node and there's some CPU to spare, so they won't kick you out "for now".

duckeeyuck said: CPUs can't mine efficiently, even if you had a vps with 64gb ram and 16 cores, it would takes months to gain even 1$

I bet if he's asking here with precise budget numbers he already done the math and something works out for the moment. New cryptocoins start all the time, using all kinds of diverse algorithms, it's entirely possible that some new one leaves you in the black for a while, even on VPSes. Also even I can tell, what you posted is just not factually correct, even without going into obscure new coins, but with some of the more popular ones. Won't be anywhere near enough to pay for the server, but most certainly more than $1 in several months.

Guys yes of course mining on VPS is "baaaad", but dumb shit you post in arguing against it, is still dumb at the end of the day.

Thanked by 2HolyCactus deadbeef
  • As most poeple pointed out in this thread, you're most likely going to get terminated or the hash rate is going to bad. Your best bet is something like a cloud mining contract. https://www.genesis-mining.com is very popular. Use the code JfihIu for 3% off (yes it's an affiliate promo code but this is the only code I have that gives you 3% discount, you're welcome to signup without a promo code).

• The OP is trolling. Seriously, I have very little interest in coin mining, but I can at least go to a web site and plug in the numbers to see what's worth it and what isn't. Obviously the OP hasn't done even 5 minutes of research.

• @Ole_Juul said:
    The OP is trolling. Seriously, I have very little interest in coin mining, but I can at least go to a web site and plug in the numbers to see what's worth it and what isn't. Obviously the OP hasn't done even 5 minutes of research.

Unlikely to be trolling. A rather fine example of Hanlon's razor.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • @chmuri said:
    I have a question for miners. Where is the best place for whole house mining Vps. I just need one cpu 256 ram and Ubuntu with good prices. I know about aruba and other but maybe is something else.

I tried it...its inefficient

Dont bother...

The only way its effective when you are using something free...

Like amazon free tier ...other than that... complete WASTE OF TIME

• @noaman said:
    Like amazon free tier ...other than that... complete WASTE OF TIME

Or BotNet :D

• @jvnadr said:
    TL;DR It's not going to happen!
    Except if you are just an abuser. Renting a cheap vps and push its limit till the provider kick you out. Or, getting a service for testing and try to get all the resources till provider find you and... well, kick you out.

There was a presentation in Defcon (I think) some time ago where people had automated creating accounts of clouds with trials, mining, churning and rinsing. It went better than what I'd expect.

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited November 2016

i did some test, and even with a 12core (24 thread) CPU, the optimal use is 11-12 cores. and you can generate only $6 usd per month so i dont recommend it.

only if you had in your home a pretty nice cpu and an awesome graphic card with high GPU cores.

edited, thread info

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@dedicados said:
    i did some test, and even with a 24 core CPU, the optimal use is 11-12 cores.

You meant 24 threads. AFAIK CPU mining does not benefit from hyperthreading, so it makes perfect sense.

• correct, my mistake.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2016

dedicados said: in your home a pretty nice cpu

And free power.

dedicados said: graphic card with high GPU cores

Graphic card mining is another story entirely, those can pay for electricity (and then some).

• @rm_ said:

And free power.

Graphic card mining is another story entirely, those can pay for electricity (and then some).

I always wondered if you could hook it up with solar panel and then calculate the costs ...

ROI RETURN OF INVESTMENT would be like in how many days?

• Colo could be an option if it was somewhere cheap

• Still, ROI isn't worth it.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@noaman said:

I tried it...its inefficient

Dont bother...

Like amazon free tier

I'm skeptical you made even $0.01 using the anemic cpu on AWS free.

Thanked by 1qrwteyrutiyoup
  • deadbeef said: There was a presentation in Defcon (I think) some time ago where people had automated creating accounts of clouds with trials, mining, churning and rinsing. It went better than what I'd expect.

There are whole threads in mining forums, with discussions on trials etc. But I wonder if currency mining in nowadays is really worth it (TBH I was never been there, not even having a bitcoin wallet)

• rm_ said: Please sir kindly explain how a 1-core KVM can possibly eat "all resources available to the node" on some 16-core Xeon host machine. Even at OpenVZ each VPS is limited in how much CPU it can consume, so what you said is not exactly the actual concern.

In a properly setup environment it won't, but it won't either gain profits when mining. And, of course, you are right, it was a mistake writing about the whole node, I meant the available resources / cores in a hosting plan. What I wanted to say is that in a dirty cheap vps, with extreme sharing of the resources for even a single cpu, if provider allow using the whole core for sometime, mining will eat as much as it can abusing those shared resources. But, of course, any decent provider will either allow a small amount of the cpu power to be used, or will quickly kick out the abuser.

• @rm_ said:

And free power.

I thought ASICs replaced GPUs

• what about those vps's with amazon that have gpu's?

• The cost of buying or renting equipment is not the biggest consideration. It is the cost of electricity. I'm actually disappointed in the number of people here who apparently don't own a calculator or know how to use one. Besides, this is all just such old hat to anyone who can use Google.

Thanked by 1qrwteyrutiyoup
  • A growing mistake I see in this thread is that everyone immediately thinks bitcoin when they think about cryptocurrency.

As mentioned by a few others (@rm_ comes to mind), there are tons of cryptocoins with new ones popping up all the time. Depending on algorithm, some of the newer cryptocoins can be mined by CPU just like how bitcoin was in the beginning when the work difficulty was low.

With that, I'm sure the OP is aware of some unknown/new cryptocoin that he can CPU mine, and then later exchange for a more valuable coin like bitcoin/litecoin/etc.

• Any update on new VPS plan with high CPU