Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ RAID 10 - SSD ★ 25¢ OVZ ★ 50¢ KVM ★ $21/YR - 1GB Windows ★ $3/YR - 128MB OVZ ★ $6/YR - 128MB KVM - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ RAID 10 - SSD ★ 25¢ OVZ ★ 50¢ KVM ★ $21/YR - 1GB Windows ★ $3/YR - 128MB OVZ ★ $6/YR - 128MB KVM

2»

Comments

• 128mb plans not available on any location?

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

You lost me at the 15 dollar administration fee.

• MaxMind Error
    Your order has been flagged as potentially high risk and therefore it has been held for manual review.

Oh....Interesting!

• No more 128 and 256 plan?

• I'm hanging on for another of the KVM specials in Frankfurt.

• @risharde said:

I'm sure @virmach can/will waive it for you, at least the first time.

• @risharde said:

Same :(

• bugrakocbugrakoc Member
    edited October 2016

seems 128mb is out of stock. any plans to add more?

• pretty happy with the benchmark result. Anyway, any ETA for ipv6?

root@speed:~# wget --no-check-certificate https://freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    Benchmark started on Sat Oct 29 08:45:45 EDT 2016
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz
    CPU Cores       : 2
    Frequency       : 2101.000 MHz
    Memory          : 2048 MB
    Swap            : 0 MB
    Uptime          : 2 min,

OS              : Ubuntu 15.10
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 2.6.32-042stab113.11
    Hostname        : speed

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is x.x.x.x

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        73.6MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          22.3MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       54.1MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       63.2MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       86.8MB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       1.58MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          13.5MB/s
    Singapore               Softlayer       12.2MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         4.84MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        45.4MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 780 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 676 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 693 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 716.333 MB/s

root@speed:~#

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

singhigh said: Any update for your new location?

We will have a new location next week.

nullnull said: No Phoenix Location ...

Any spare slot @virmach ?

Phoenix is with ServerHub only and they've been abysmal for the past half a year. We are no longer getting new servers with them for the time being, as we're still waiting on the delivery of servers we ordered in May.

artman said: Please anyone give a suggest. i want to use for download video, edit then, upload to another host. i don't store video to vps. which package should i choose? thank you

This ends up using a lot of resources depending on the date you perform these actions. It could get you in trouble with our fair usage policy. If I had to recommend a plan, it would be the SSD4G as you have more power and can use 1 out of the 2 cores at any given time on average. The only thing you would have to worry about is how much I/O you would be using.

vishalpatelz said: 128mb plans not available on any location?

Fritz said: No more 128 and 256 plan?

bugrakoc said: seems 128mb is out of stock. any plans to add more?

The 128MB OpenVZ is sold out permanently. The 128MB KVM plan and 256MB OpenVZ plans are still available.

risharde said: You lost me at the 15 dollar administration fee.

TheOnlyDK said: I'm sure @virmach can/will waive it for you, at least the first time.

PepeSilvia said: Same :(

With special offers it all depends on the abuse. We're not going to just charge you $15 if you did nothing wrong. Sometimes a person will make an honest mistake and we may waive the fee. We usually only charge the fee if we have to spend significant time on locating and ending your abuse or if you negatively affected your neighbors - this does occur a lot with people ordering special offers and not following our terms of service. Abuse costs us a lot of money behind the scenes and I believe a $15 fee is very fair.

vimalware said: I'm hanging on for another of the KVM specials in Frankfurt.

This is with Serverhub as well so I would not expect a special any time soon.

airski said: Oh....Interesting!

Please create a ticket. The most common reason for that error is being on a VPN.

lowfatgeek said: Anyway, any ETA for ipv6?

We received a timeline from the datacenter (ColoCrossing) but I doubt it will actually be done any time soon. Hopefully sometime in 2017? As for the other datacenters we use that support IPv6, you can get it now. You just have to create a ticket and ask.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • too bad i got response from ticket

"We do not currently have IPv6 nodes available to create specials on."

Hope u have new IPv6 node on next deal

I will waiting for your black friday deals

• Badwidth is charged for outcoming and incoming ?

Cajake said: Badwidth is charged for outcoming and incoming ?

Yes.

add_iT said: too bad i got response from ticket

"We do not currently have IPv6 nodes available to create specials on."

Looks like we're sold out on most those nodes, especially if you have a specific location in mind. We should still have some later as we are adding IPv6 to more nodes in various datacenters.

• billionairebillionaire Member
    edited October 2016

Any SSD4G WIN SPECIAL offer in Frankfurt?

billionaire said: Any SSD4G WIN SPECIAL offer in Frankfurt?

No, sorry.

• it is possible to have a special offer in Atlanta?

• Where is exactly this new location? Still in US or another region?

@VirMach said:

singhigh said: Any update for your new location?

We will have a new location next week.

Ovear said: it is possible to have a special offer in Atlanta?

Sorry, we're almost sold out in that location so it was not featured in this offer.

billionaire said: Where is exactly this new location? Still in US or another region?

It will be in the US.

• andreipoeandreipoe Member
    edited October 2016

@risharde said:

This seems to only apply if you get suspended. Are you planning on getting suspended? :P

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@andreipoe said:

@risharde said:

This seems to only apply if you get suspended. Are you planning on getting suspended? :P

@Virmach You may be very right about your position, don't think that I'm trying to be an absolutely jerk about it which really wasn't the intention of my post. Just so you understand my point of view, the challenge I might face as a customer is that I may not be able to control cpu especially if that's dependent on external factors like visitors to a website for example. What complicated the matter for me is that there's a new piece of software I built and it hasn't been tested with high traffic as yet - therefore I can't guarantee that something can't spike. Rather than being a terrible customer and also the fear of a $15 administration fee for every unplanned issue - this won't be in my best interest. Also one $15 administration fee would potentially make the whole target of getting a deal void. But honestly as I said, it's well without your right to choose how you go about this and I can understand that technical support , administration costs money. So not to sound cliche, its a rock and a hard place for me especially since as a provider my first product has failed unfortunately so I'm unfortunately working with a very limited budget at the moment until the proof of concept gets me full sustainable on a long term basis - in which case, I'd probably risk admin fee. End of tear session

Thanked by 2colingpt PandaRain
  • colingptcolingpt Member
    edited November 2016

@risharde said:
    Virmach You may be very right about your position, don't think that I'm trying to be an absolutely jerk about it which really wasn't the intention of my post. Just so you understand my point of view, the challenge I might face as a customer is that I may not be able to control cpu especially if that's dependent on external factors like visitors to a website for example. What complicated the matter for me is that there's a new piece of software I built and it hasn't been tested with high traffic as yet - therefore I can't guarantee that something can't spike. Rather than being a terrible customer and also the fear of a $15 administration fee for every unplanned issue - this won't be in my best interest. Also one $15 administration fee would potentially make the whole target of getting a deal void. But honestly as I said, it's well without your right to choose how you go about this and I can understand that technical support , administration costs money. So not to sound cliche, its a rock and a hard place for me especially since as a provider my first product has failed unfortunately so I'm unfortunately working with a very limited budget at the moment until the proof of concept gets me full sustainable on a long term basis - in which case, I'd probably risk admin fee. End of tear session

You are right in every aspects and really speak out what I thought.

Many providers here are just baiting, they sell you a cpu, then wait for you to cross the line. If they really want to prohibit abuser, there are so many ways. For example, anytime someone reach you limit, you simple shut it down, they will come back and check, to make sure not use that much cpu because they want things to work. Even user intentionally abuse can be stooped this way, I guess.

Then why they don't?

If they do so, HOW they find excuse to terminate those who are using their service? If they can't terminate those who use service, how they can oversell more and offer more those too cheap to sustainable boxes to bait more?

Buying from this kind of provider, you have two choice, leave your box there idle or get terminated. I would like to honorably mention Sentris Network LLC here, for record, to those who can't resist for dirty cheap boxes. I would advise buy annual box and cheap box from reputable provider, or just take chance to try new provider in case they can be good one in the future

Thanked by 1MarcusVinicius
  • sir, now available cheap /yr ?
    i see on site just 7$/yr
    out of stock now ?

• how many disk space available on windows VPS SSD1G ?
    windows 2008 or2012?

nocker said: how many disk space available on windows VPS SSD1G ? windows 2008 or2012?

This plan starts at 15GB disk and goes up to 50GB for additional cost. We only offer Windows 2012 R2.

orenji said: sir, now available cheap /yr ? i see on site just 7$/yr out of stock now ?

Cheapest plan available is the $6/yr 128MB KVM plan in New York.

• @VirMach no more promotional prices? https://virmach.com/special-offers/ is empty :(

I was looking for a 512 MB VPS

maverickp said: @VirMach no more promotional prices? https://virmach.com/special-offers/ is empty :(

I was looking for a 512 MB VPS

Sorry, expired. Keep an eye out for Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals.

• Btw these don't have any swap right?

duckeeyuck said: Btw these don't have any swap right?

Correct.