Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KLOXO CONTROL PANEL giving 500 internal error
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KLOXO CONTROL PANEL giving 500 internal error

sam-maximum sam-maximum Member
edited January 2013 in General

past many days i am facing 500 internal error whenever i try to open it. because of it my forum/wordpress/sftp/ssh is down
website is working. database is created in kloxo panel hence database related all services are down.
mostly i upload via ftp but now facing trouble. BLUEVM support staff is of no help[ the were never a help]
i submit the ticket but no solution was made and now no reply . at their IRC they boast of help but i never found any help.
moreover they don't accept any responsibility.

please provide me suggestion/advice and expertise knowledge to overcome this problem

Comments

• We've already stated, we're unmanaged. This is software related, and you must fix this on your own.

Nothing wrong with our hardware or network, so that isn't our fault either.

• Plus, I did try to help you fix this.. I'm not sure why you're not saying we didn't (try) and help.

• @rajin90 as @Ishaq said they're unmanaged, at least he tried to help you. I'd suggest asking bluevm irc or asking buyvm irc.

• Have you try to restart the vps?

• server forcefullly closed the network connection. now this is also not come under yours jurisdiction. past many days i came over irc and talked about it time to time but no solution was provided to me. since yesterday i have wasted hours locating and correct the problem and where is the so called "HELP" . you did help fix problem? then why i am still looking for solution ? there was some member who tried to help me but none from support team.

• @rajin90 you expect a UNMANAGED company to fix a third party problem... If there is issues like networking on the server/it won't boot/ect. that relate to the server itself not kloxo/third party items then they'd assist.

I'd personally suggest backing up your files, reinstalling vps, reinstalling kloxo and putting files, db back on it.

• erawan did tried it sftp worked for a few minutes and then went down again.
    their IRC is useless . mostly they go into idle-mode and not reply over anything at all.
    previously a wordpress issue i had to solve for myself even asking them for little bit of help so many times. i never said them to manage my vps but they can and they must provide a path : rest of it a user by falling here and there finds itself

• MikeInMikeIn Member
    edited January 2013

Looks like the problem is with Kloxo, many a time, when due to any reason update gets interrupted and failed to restart.

database is created in kloxo panel hence database related all services are down.

From this statement it looks like the problem with MySQL.
    Try restarting it.

As Far As I know:- A control Panel ( i.e Kloxo in here) simply provides you to control certain functions of your server. Here in GUI.

• @rajin90 said: please provide me suggestion/advice

Posting on the forum for Kloxo will give you better help with Kloxo and solving a problem with Kloxo than posting here.

http://forum.lxcenter.org/

• If you're going to come on IRC and rant about this, and we try to help you on free time, you can't expect an SLA. As I've said and will continue to say, kloxo hasn't got anything to do with us, and software you install on your VPS is under your control. We can only fix things that have to do with the nodes or networks we run. Please see uptime.bluevm.com [all nodes at the moment are online and operating normally]. Just so you know, IRC is not Live Chat, rather it's for community support or discussions and you should respect those customers or staff who use our free time to try and help.

• Like what @Damian said, you'd be better asking the lxcenter forum, as the developers watch that, they'd be able to help you better then anyone here.

• curtisg you seems their advocate. i didn't asked them to manage my kloxo panel
    i asked them for help like i asked here. 2nd thing their server not response is always delayed
    ishaq sir i never visited that place for chat and rant that is other thing that support team itself rant/play there most of the time. that place clearly is not a HELP/SUPPORT.
    i respect whoever helped me and mentioned them in my posts and if someone not helped i mentioned them too. you can justify your actions wherever you want . i created this thread for help

• japonjapon Member
    edited January 2013

@rajin90 said: i never said them to manage my vps but they can and they must provide a path

You can't expect your landlord to help you build up a wardrobe. That is purely your business. The same goes for an unmanaged VPS. You have to care about the software you run on that.

• @rajin90 said: ishaq sir i never visited that place for chat and rant

so, you expect us to help you even though you state you never asked the irc for help?....

You just assume us at LET will walk you though it? If you have no idea what the issue is(because I've seen this issue before - matter of fact a simple google gets you the answer) then you should consult google.

• @Ishaq get this all the time buddy - People expect the world, but dont want to pay for it.

• Because the webserver is working, and you see 500 error, maybe there's some problem with internal process which is eating the cpu/memory.

If you have a chance to login via ssh ( or if not, try to login to the vps using the same Console information from SolusVM) and install vnstat / munin / vpsinfo, and create a page to access it.

I hope you can find the problem after having access to the memory/cpu usage.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2013

@rajin90 said: BLUEVM support staff is of no help

To put this in context for you, I stand by going "above and beyond" in support, to the point some would say I'm a dead man walking. Understanding that, know that I would be of no help on this either. Kloxo is a waste of time. If it works for you, great. If it doesn't, get used to it, it'll probably break again next week. There's a reason it never replaced cPanel. I wouldn't support Kloxo for $100/m.

• @rajin90 said: curtisg you seems their advocate. i didn't asked them to manage my kloxo panel

i asked them for help like i asked here.

He is not, no. But he's telling the truth.

Anyway, have you tried following a tutorial on installing kloxo properly before asking for help?

• On ssh
    sh /script/cleanup
    and
    service xinetd restart

• curtisg you need to look at my thread and your quoted line once again. i tried google and didn't find proper solution this is why i asked question here. don't waste your time and play somewhere else.
    that 500 error is something else i guess erwan
    thanks tsanten this command i ran over more than 100 times.

this thread is created for help and not for some useless rant. if you can't provide any solution then stick away from this thread.

@bluvm irc : 1. they mostly of no help [true] . whenever they listen some request they goes back into idle state . this is also truth ISHAQ SIR.
    2. once john sir helped me when he cleared my log which took all of disk space.
    3. ishaq sir you didn't provide any solution/any guide any kind of help. i not fear to say what is truth, if possible then check irc chat history.

1. BLUEVM team installed kloxo . i am sure bluevm team knows how to install kloxo type control panel properly.
    edited January 2013

The only real solution that will save you time if the scripts in /script don't work is this: Backup your data, reinstall the OS, reinstall Kloxo, clumsily attempt to import the data. You'll spend more time trying to fix Kloxo from the inside than you will trying to import data that wasn't properly exported using the backup function. Although I believe there may actually be a way to initiate the backup function by command. After that, simply never run updates and hope for the best.

• hm.. when I tried kloxo last time and having 500 error, it's because the php, i'm doing some mess. Installing this and those, and bam... Now I only using Minstall

• @jarland there is a simple fix for it though I believe on lxcenter forums or a diff. Community I'd share the URL just on phone though

@curtisg said: there is a simple fix for it

"rm -rf /*" doesn't count :P

• @jarland :(

for sure to using latest version for certain packages

yum update

shell command version for update

sh /script/upcp

cleanup process for certain settings

sh /script/cleanup

restart some services

service xinetd restart

Better reboot after that

reboot

• something like :; ?

• the thing is i rarely use kloxo. i always use ftp and this is why i neglected this error but since yesterday when their NODE went down[my website was still working, kloxo was up in between for a few minutes] they did some measures my kloxo panel completely stopped working. my website is still active . i tried console access but it remained in forever connection state . ssh is disable hence can' use putty

• Stop blaming them for your problems. Simply goto vps panel, connect to vnc/console. Ssh issue solved for now.

@rajin90 said: since yesterday when their NODE went down

I've had this happen where a perfectly fine installation of Kloxo simply wouldn't work right after a node reboot. Didn't matter that the containers were shut down properly first.

• Last option Backup all you data somewhere and re-installit kloxo and all other service(if req.)
    Its not necessary to backup them out of your box if you are not reinstalling the OS itself,

Simply save the data in another folder which has nothing to so with such installations, and related operations :)