Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

quadhost does not care - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

quadhost does not care

2»

Comments

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited October 2016

KuJoe said: Great little VPS

Thanks for the feedback KuJoe.

hostingwizard_net said: it's a general problem (that's why I posted here).

As per the ticket response please advise to proceed - there is a reason they are locked for resource bundles in the interim and require manual interaction to carry out the terminate command.

• Well, after one month, the node is still down, the VMs are still dead and locked (so I can not rebuild them somewhere else. And my ticket has not been answered for 16 days.
    @quadhost it's time for a new refund...

• Fun @quadhost related story... out of the blue I got a service suspension notice for an unpaid invoice...but I never received and invoice. Even more fun, the VPS isn't actually suspended! I'm not sure what's going on anymore!

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2016

@Nekki said:
    Fun @quadhost related story... out of the blue I got a service suspension notice for an unpaid invoice...but I never received and invoice. Even more fun, the VPS isn't actually suspended! I'm not sure what's going on anymore!

I think I've seen similar issue before and it was related to not high enough memory limit for PHP on WHMCS servers or not high enough maximum execution time.

Pity that not-fully-completing cron is still not an issue WHMCS feels should be reported to the admin. Fix should be simple though now that one knows the problem is there.

edited October 2016

@hostingwizard_net said:
    Well, after one month, the node is still down, the VMs are still dead and locked (so I can not rebuild them somewhere else. And my ticket has not been answered for 16 days.

They require manual removal as outlined in discussions.

Do you have a ticket number for me to check and escalate if required?

@quadhost it's time for a new refund...

Open a ticket with our billing dept. if you wish to discuss this, LET isn't monitor by our accounts team.

Nekki said: Fun @quadhost related story... out of the blue I got a service suspension notice for an unpaid invoice...but I never received and invoice. Even more fun, the VPS isn't actually suspended! I'm not sure what's going on anymore!

Can you either open a ticket outlining the issue and we can check it or PM me your service ID for investigation?

@Clouvider said:

I think I've seen similar issue before and it was related to not high enough memory limit for PHP on WHMCS servers or not high enough maximum execution time.

We have seen a few isolated cases where the Virtualizor master doesn't respond to WHMCS's cron suspension command so it is never marked as suspended in the billing portal but the instance is suspended in the management portal.

• quadhost said: Can you either open a ticket outlining the issue and we can check it or PM me your service ID for investigation?

No it's OK, I'm not bothered.

• edited October 2016

quadhost said: They require manual removal as outlined in discussions. Do you have a ticket number for me to check and escalate if required?

Yes. #741085 - Can not delete dead VMs 11/10/2016 21:15
    I can see the ticket has been replied right now.

@quadhost (new refund...) Open a ticket with our billing dept. if you wish to discuss this, LET isn't monitor by our accounts team.

A new refund is only needed if the downtime is extended to November. It is not needed if the problem is solved in October.
    I can see you just took care of the problem (the dead VMs have been removed). Thanks.

BTW:

• I see Reims (rei-fr-2) is listed. Is it a new node? Is it stable and running fine?
      ALSO: (yes that should go into a ticket and it will)

• Some resources have disappeared

• I can't create my fourth instance (The list for Virtualization is empty for all regions)
    edited October 2016

hostingwizard_net said: I can see the ticket has been replied right now.

Glad your issue is resolved, I asked my colleague on the tech support team to do a check over any existing tickets regarding that incident, I assume it was picked up.

BTW, I see Reims (rei-fr-2) is listed.

That is the existing region from memory but don't quote me on that. Tech support would be able to confirm.

• @KuJoe said:
    This thread reminded me to check on my QuadHost VPS, I forgot about it because it doesn't generate any alerts. Great little VPS, might be ordering more in the very near future to replace some of my less stable VPSs. :) http://status.jmd.cc/

Server not found :(

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@doghouch said:

@KuJoe said:
    This thread reminded me to check on my QuadHost VPS, I forgot about it because it doesn't generate any alerts. Great little VPS, might be ordering more in the very near future to replace some of my less stable VPSs. :) http://status.jmd.cc/

Server not found :(

Thanks for the heads up, I switched to my own DNS servers last week and must have missed some A records. Adding it now. :D

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • I've found it to be a mixed bag when dealing with QuadHost. Initially I had a 256MB NAT VPS and cancelled it to switch to a 128MB NAT VPS on the same host node. That cancellation was done swiftly, but after 6 months of no problems I noticed that the host node suddenly became so unstable that I had to switch to another VPS company. I requested for a cancellation on the 13th of october, but there hasn't been any response to that. Even the ticket (#435713, created on the 26th of october) still hasn't had any response up until now.

• @Amitz said:
    Okay, we get that you are pissed and want to vent your anger. But could you please provide a bit more than that to convince us that QuadHost is a bad provider?

My post https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/112182/stay-away-from-quashost-net-and-i-83-net I think it's a little more detailed.

However it could be enough if you go to the official http://statuscake.quadhost.net/ status page and scroll down to the flk1-de, flk2-de and flk3-de nodes.

Then, click on any of the three and you will discover that all the 3 nodes have been down more than 25 days in the last 40 days.

You think this is enough?

@Lee said:
    But you planned for this right? Backups, no annual payments and easily moved to a new provider.

My VPS was only available as an annual payment; I've tried another (monthly and cheaper) QuadHost VPS and was happy then switched to the horrible actual solution.

• I'm also unhappy with @quadhost but please don't necropost!

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

This necroposting is getting out of hand.