Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NIXStats API release + usage examples - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NIXStats API release + usage examples

2»

Comments

• @vfuse said:
    The issue with credits is if you forget to top up you'll run out and won't get notifications anymore, to keep it simple it might be better to have a subscription model.

Just need to have a notification on low credits and/or an auto top-up method.

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

@vfuse

On pricing, I would go with a simple 1$/month/server. And a special tier for the LET beta testers off course...

Will you be adding multiple users / notify multiple users

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited June 2016

@vfuse would be cool if nixstats can show bandwidth utilization for each server so i can see that I've used 780GB out of 1TB etc.

I just added ~ 20 servers to my account.

Thanked by 1Foul
  • FoulFoul Member

xaitmi said: @vfuse would be cool if nixstats can show bandwidth utilization for each server so i can see that I've used 780GB out of 1TB etc.

Nice necro! You get 10 stars from me.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@xaitmi said:
    @vfuse would be cool if nixstats can show bandwidth utilization for each server so i can see that I've used 780GB out of 1TB etc.

I'll see if I can add something like that, it would always be an "estimate" tho since I would have to calculate it by getting the average speed and multiplying it by the time passed.

The API is currently (partly) under construction. The dashboard is being update more this week with a better overview page so you'll see the total averages of all your servers and more stuff. Last week I added a live updates on the server overview page, updated every minute.

• ovilizoviliz Member
    edited October 2016

To me, $1/mo/server is way too much. What about the domains then?

Often we can't just rely on one single uptime/monitoring service so you'll have to use/pay for two separate services. One service alert confirms (or not) the other.
    I like to have control on all servers, doesn't matter their cost. A €2.99/mo Scaleway server it needs to be managed, backed up, secured and monitored. Same with a $40/mo Linode plan or a dedicated server.

Again, to me, a reasonable price is on the model of StatusCake. They recently introduced server monitoring too, within the £15/m/+VAT plan (1 year upfront), without monitor constraints.
    I like DataDog too, but I can't use it. As a SysAdmin, I hate to privilege individual servers and dealing with multiple partial dashboards of my servers. "Everything" in one (max 2) GUI/DB or nothing. Maybe is just me...