Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters

Comments

• @MikeA said:

@IHaveADarkPassenger said:
    Has anyone seen any details on when these may become available for those if us with a .com/us account?

Oles said in a tweet reply that it'll be available in the next 24 hours.

Awesome, thank you!

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@Razza said:
    Unless Ovh deploy a Vac in Asia, then the ping will be a joke for any Asia visitors when under protection due to the traffic getting passed to France or Canada for mitigation.

Mhmm.

SG -> CA -> SG... & AU -> CA -> AU ... makes sense

The first thing they need to do though if they want any AU customers is to stop forcing us to go through ovh.fr... we don't speak French.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • "To guarantee that your server is reserved, your first monthly payment is due when you order. The discount applied to the server is valid for the duration of the contract. Estimated delivery from 30/10/2016, track the status of your order in your management interface."

Does that mean if you do a month to month then the discount is only for the first month?

• twiigltwiigl Member
    edited October 2016

@Spazzly said:
    Does that mean if you do a month to month then the discount is only for the first month?

On the German page it's like "Order today and save 40% without limit / forever", but yeah you're right. They could also mean only the period for the first month as a contract duration.

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited October 2016

SplitIce said: The first thing they need to do though if they want any AU customers is to stop forcing us to go through ovh.fr... we don't speak French.

I thought Ovh's international customers bought via ovh.ie, as i think ovh.fr is only for the french market.

• Razza said: I thought Ovh's international customers bought via ovh.ie, as i think ovh.fr is only for the french market.

It used to be that the only OVH site that Australians could order from was ovh.com/fr/, although that's since changed and I believe ovh.ie and ovh.com/us/ are also available to Aussies.

• ovh.com/us/ <-- order here if at all possible, apparently the support for their US site is far superior than other markets.

• Pretty expensive even know 40% price reduction

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Razza said:

SplitIce said: The first thing they need to do though if they want any AU customers is to stop forcing us to go through ovh.fr... we don't speak French.

I thought Ovh's international customers bought via ovh.ie, as i think ovh.fr is only for the french market.

.ie is Ireland, not international. You have to have an Ireland address to use their .ie order forms.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@MikeA said:

@Razza said:

.ie is Ireland, not international. You have to have an Ireland address to use their .ie order forms.

No you don't. .ie is like .com - it's one of the few your can order from no matter your address. Source: have many services through OVH.ie & Kimsufi IE site, not in Ireland.

• @Harambe said:

@MikeA said:

@Razza said:

No you don't. .ie is like .com - it's one of the few your can order from no matter your address. Source: have many services through OVH.ie & Kimsufi IE site, not in Ireland.

I used to use .ie all the time before they opened Canada and setup a US website.

Thanked by 1auds6868
    edited October 2016

@Harambe said:

@MikeA said:

@Razza said:

Didn't know that, I was told by someone on their Ireland team once that you're required to have an IE address to buy from there.

Edit: Thanks, good to know I can get stuff from there now, haven't tried it in like a year or two probably.

edited October 2016

I got forced through ovh.fr when I ordered last all those years ago. I tried to make it push me through the US site but come payment order time it redirected me.

And until recently you had to call OVH France for any support (on a FR account). It was a very unplesant experience. Especially when they are only open during set hours and you have a broken switch port and an unanswered ticket.

Interestingly of all the different divisions you can call Canadians were the nicest, and Irish the most rude.

• sinsin Member

MikeA said: .ie is Ireland, not international. You have to have an Ireland address to use their .ie order forms.

I don't think you do (unless it's changed?) because I signed up for an IE account with my regular U.S. home address.

@sin said:

MikeA said: .ie is Ireland, not international. You have to have an Ireland address to use their .ie order forms.

I don't think you do (unless it's changed?) because I signed up for an IE account with my regular U.S. home address.

You must have missed the posts above :?

• @SplitIce said:
    I got forced through ovh.fr when I ordered last all those years ago. I tried to make it push me through the US site but come payment order time it redirected me.

And until recently you had to call OVH France for any support (on a FR account). It was a very unplesant experience. Especially when they are only open during set hours and you have a broken switch port and an unanswered ticket.

Interestingly of all the different divisions you can call Canadians were the nicest, and Irish the most rude.

The Irish team has been utterly useless and clueless. You think it'd help if I tried calling the Canadian branch instead? I have an IE account.

edited October 2016

@K4Y5 Probably.

The Canadian people investigated the issue in their system (confirmed issue, but were unable to get the port moved or fixed). They sent internal emails to the French people. In the end we got it fixed only by repeatedly calling the french people once their line opened hours later and eventually getting someone who spoke English.

Once we got someone it went along the lines of "Yes I see your server is online and has no networking, we will dispatch someone...". 15 minutes later fixed. The ticket got a reply ~a day later saying they couldn't reproduce. This is OVH FYI not KS/SYS.

The Irish person who answered the phone quite literally said something like. "Your account is a French account, we can't help you" Hangs Up.

It's all changed now apparently though, you can apparently (unconfirmed through experience) call the Canadians for FR accounts. Probably due to BS like this.

edited October 2016

@SplitIce said:
    @K4Y5 Probably.

The Canadian people investigated the issue in their system (confirmed issue, but were unable to get the port moved or fixed). They sent internal emails to the French people. In the end we got it fixed only by repeatedly calling the french people once their line opened hours later and eventually getting someone who spoke English.

Once we got someone it went along the lines of "Yes I see your server is online and has no networking, we will dispatch someone...". 15 minutes later fixed. The ticket got a reply ~a day later saying they couldn't reproduce. This is OVH FYI not KS/SYS.

The Irish person who answered the phone quite literally said something like. "Your account is a French account, we can't help you" Hangs Up.

It's all changed now apparently though, you can apparently (unconfirmed through experience) call the Canadians for FR accounts. Probably due to BS like this.

Don't think they have control over other region/manager accounts outside of their own. Once or twice when I've had a urgent problem late at night (i.e. 4-5 AM central US) I've sent their FR support Twitter a DM and they contacted someone in Canada to look into the issue quicker than a ticket.

Urgent being an actual problem I couldn't fix, otherwise I'd just wait.

edited October 2016

@MikeA They might or might not, I've only been told by others that it recently changed. I haven't confirmed it myself.

I guess my point is. If they are going to continue forcing Australian customers through France who are only open during French hours and don't always speak the language its not going to fly for long.

• @SplitIce said:
    @K4Y5 Probably.

The Canadian people investigated the issue (...)

The Canadian side speaks both French & English. (after all, they are technically our two official languages)

Apart from that, my server runs smoothly, and help is always there when I screw something up (they [for the most part] understand French better than English).

Thanked by 1auds6868
  • @doghouch said:

@SplitIce said:
    @K4Y5 Probably.

The Canadian people investigated the issue (...)

The Canadian side speaks both French & English. (after all, they are technically our two official languages)

Apart from that, my server runs smoothly, and help is always there when I screw something up (they [for the most part] understand French better than English).

I have a .us account with servers in Canada and France, I always call the Canadian telephone number no matter where the server is located and they have always been able to assist. In most cases they just verify the issue while I am on the phone and then kick off an incident to get the issue resolved...almost always a hardware issue (disk failure, etc.)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2016

Yes, OVH.ie has all countries now, but some time ago it was OVH.fr that was the only option for "Other" countries. I vaguely remember that OVH.ie was accepting only Ireland/UK/US/Canada back then.

Honestly I don't care if it's in French, as long as I can order new deals on the day they come out, and on the most attractive terms (i.e. no VAT). It's not a secret that all the regional sites may lag behind OVH.fr in introducing new lineups or discounts.

Support (or lack thereof) can talk to you in English anyway, no matter which site you order from.

Thanked by 1lbft
  • SplitIce said: I guess my point is. If they are going to continue forcing Australian customers through France who are only open during French hours and don't always speak the language its not going to fly for long.

Don't worry mate, OVH are opening a Melbourne office if you follow their twitter :) Then we can converse in Australian English ^_^

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@eva2000 said:

SplitIce said: I guess my point is. If they are going to continue forcing Australian customers through France who are only open during French hours and don't always speak the language its not going to fly for long.

Don't worry mate, OVH are opening a Melbourne office if you follow their twitter :) Then we can converse in Australian English ^_^

Fuking ryt ya cunt!

Thanked by 1trewq
  • Is there a way to order with out VAT?

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

@Spazzly said:
    Is there a way to order with out VAT?

Order from CA/US or use an address outside EU.

• Looks like sydney order page on US site is broken

• @Spazzly said:
    Looks like sydney order page on US site is broken

thx, fixing

• Fixed. clean your cache and go :)

• I wonder why they run the presale and not release any test IPs, hope they do have peering with Telstra / Optus in AU.