Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostMada ❆ NEW OpenVZ SSD in Hong Kong ❆ Direct China Route ❆ 15% OFF!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostMada ❆ NEW OpenVZ SSD in Hong Kong ❆ Direct China Route ❆ 15% OFF!

HostMada is proud to announce the launch of the new OpenVZ SSD line in Hong Kong for all VPS services.

We have been focusing on HDD plans during these years for all our locations though after the huge demands we have finally decided to launch SSD plans as well.

Hong Kong is the first one, an european location will come out in few weeks.

The network includes premium low latency access to China Telecom and China Unicom backbone, the HKIX for local traffic and NTT GIN for Asia and international routes. By providing direct access connectivity our chinese customers get the fastest route to mainland China as well as to the huge Chinese market itself.

To celebrate our newest location, we have a 15% recurring discount available on all SSD VPS at our Hong Kong data center for all new services, new clients and current clients! Just enter promotional code HK15OFF to receive 15% off every month.

OVZ-1

10GB SSD Disk Space

Unmetered Bandwidth @ 3Mbps Uplink

512MB Guaranteed DDR3 RAM

512MB vSwap RAM

1 CPU Core

1 IPv4 Address

Price: $5.00 $4.25 /mo - using coupon HK15OFF

Order Now

OVZ-2

30GB SSD Disk Space

Unmetered Bandwidth @ 3Mbps Uplink

1GB Guaranteed DDR3 RAM

1GB vSwap RAM

2 CPUs Core

1 IPv4 Address

Price: $6.99 $5.94 /mo - using coupon HK15OFF

Order Now

Test our Network

Test IP: 103.68.110.1

Comments

• Are the 3Mbps burstable?

• @bryce said:
    Are the 3Mbps burstable?

I apologize but that's not possible at the moment because of the huge bandwidth cost in Hong Kong, nevertheless you benefit of direct China route.

• AS4809 peering, thumbs up.
    Look forward to your kvm plans

• Any yearly payment offers?

• Thought you mean Hong Kong is an European location at the first time xD

• @tamicrealo said:
    AS4809 peering, thumbs up.
    Look forward to your kvm plans

Thank you for your interest, though we are focusing on OpenVZ at the moment.

@lifehome said:
    Any yearly payment offers?

I apologize but there are no yearly discounts available.

@kana said:
    Thought you mean Hong Kong is an European location at the first time xD

Quite unbelievable! :)

Thanked by 1kana
  • dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

Try your best to be polite bro, Andrea is starting up, give time and patience to grow and improve.

Thanked by 1Mad
  • @qibinghua said:
    laji

Is there any reason for stating it? It's offensive enough.

• how much will be to upgrade to 5Mb? i need for some HD streamng

• @ccost74 said:
    how much will be to upgrade to 5Mb? i need for some HD streamng

Hi,

as previously said:

"I apologize but that's not possible at the moment because of the huge bandwidth cost in Hong Kong"

• This is rogue skin, do not buy their Hongkong hosts, Hongkong refused to refund, said 3M is only 1M bandwidth

• MadMad Member

@boydave said:
    This is rogue skin, do not buy their Hongkong hosts, Hongkong refused to refund, said 3M is only 1M bandwidth

The Port Speed is 3Mbps and shared, not dedicated.
    We do not provide refunds as clearly written in our TOS: https://hostmada.com/terms

• andreamada said: 3Mbps and shared

where did you clearly write that?

• MadMad Member
    edited October 2016

@colingpt said:

andreamada said: 3Mbps and shared

where did you clearly write that?

VPSs are shared when it comes to bandwidth, they would need multiple nics dedicated to each VPS to run independent. Dedicated servers of course are independent.

If you have any doubt we are always available to clarify the customers' demands before proceeding with the purchase.

In addition to this a migration is currently going on towards a new infrastructure and DC, we are improving the network (switches, routers) and the customers will benefit of free higher SSD space. They have already been notified of it.

• colingptcolingpt Member
    edited October 2016

andreamada said: VPSs are shared when it comes to bandwidth, they would need multiple nics dedicated to each VPS to run independent. Dedicated servers of course are independent.

I see and you made a great point. However, generally we know that 1G port or 100m port are shared, but I didn't realize that a 3M uplink will be shared by crowd, so did quite a lot of others. Why?

Cuz, a shared 1G port is generally usable, and what do you think about a shared 3M one?

Anyway, thank you for notifing us @boydave about this, and hope @andreamada may clearly state this to your customer to avoid unnecessary misunderstanding.

• MadMad Member

@colingpt The node itself runs on a 100M Shared Port, the VPSs are soft-limited to 3Mpbs because of the huge bandwidth costs in Asia.

I surely take it as a feedback (I always appreciate and welcome them) and I'll personally make sure to do it more understandable in the future threads.

The migration is being done mainly to improve the network which is not easy and cheap at all when it comes to Asia.

• Received an e-mail that they will be shutting down their Hong Kong location at the end of April due to high costs and lack of interest.