Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server in exchange for help with building a website and writing content.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server in exchange for help with building a website and writing content.

randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Hello all. A few months ago I had some mishap with a shipping company who ended up taking my holding my cargo for ransom and demanding I pay unreasonable 'fees' in order to release it.

I have some 'revenge' plans but I'd like to see in action but I find myself putting it off to do ACTUAL work instead. So I thought I'd give outsourcing a try.

1st. I want to assure that my plans are completely legal and amount to little more than posting negative reviews online. So there is nothing particularly nefarious about my plans.

I don't think the workload would be particularly demanding. It's kind of the opposite of shilling so if you know how much effort goes into shilling then you know what to expect.

As for payment, I can provide a VPS or even a dedicated server, depending on which of my plans you are willing to help complete and continue. As for duration, of how long I can provide the VPS.. well this can be anything from a few months to a year. Maybe more but I don't want to make any LONG term promises.

VPS can be provided in Europe and/or Hong Kong. Anyone interested, PM me!

@jarland, is this okay or is it against the rules? If against the rules, apologies. I promise nothing illegal will be asked!

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

It concerns me that you are a provider and doing this

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Awmusic12635

I fail to see the connection. I am not asking anyone to do anything unlawful, or untruthful, nor am I targeting an 'innocent' 3rd party. It is not related to hosting and there is no affiliation with our clients, competitors or whatever.

People publicly share their grievances online all the time. I would happily to continue to share my grievances myself but what is the problem with outsourcing this effort in exchange for a server?

randvegeta said: I fail to see the connection. I am not asking anyone to do anything unlawful, or untruthful, nor am I targeting an 'innocent' 3rd party. It is not related to hosting and there is no affiliation with our clients, competitors or whatever.

People publicly share their grievances online all the time. I would happily to continue to share my grievances myself but what is the problem with outsourcing this effort in exchange for a server?

Here is just the route I could see it taking in the future.

"Well that seemed to work when I paid people to spread negative reviews around the internet about this service I used. This x competitor of mine has been taking a lot of my customers lately, perhaps it will work against them too?"

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Awmusic12635 said: "Well that seemed to work when I paid people to spread negative reviews around the internet about this service I used. This x competitor of mine has been taking a lot of my customers lately, perhaps it will work against them too?"

Have you never made a negative review online? I'm not talking about taking down a competitor. I'm talking about taking down a fraudster (so to speak).

I see where you are coming from but you've kind of made a big jump from what it really is.

randvegeta said: Have you never made a negative review online?

I have made them online before. But personally making a negative review, and paying people to place negative reviews online are two very different things.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2016

I... do not like this. I simply cannot articulate my reason clearly. I'm going to pretend this didn't happen.

This discussion has been closed.